// back in school

My Best Friend's Friends

Joo Eun fidgeted around with her fingers as she sat quietly in her seat. Doha who was sitting right next to her was staring right at her as if she was an exhibit.

"Stop looking at me," Joo Eun whispered as she tried blocking her face.

Doha pulled her hand away to uncover her face. "Why? You're mine now, so I can stare at you all I want," Doha chuckled.

"You're embarrassing me," Joo Eun blushed.

Jaehyun who was sitting in front of the two loverbirds closed his eyes in frustration. He didn't believe all these events were possible in the span of a week. After they had returned from the trip, he noticed something different between Doha and Joo Eun. It wasn't until they told him that he pieced everything together.

Jaehyun looked curiously at the two people walking towards him.

"Why are you guys holding hands?" Youngdoo questioned as he stared at Joo Eun and Doha.

"Listen calmly and don't freak out," Doha held Youngdoo's shoulder.

"What is it?" Youngdoo raised a brow.

"We're going out," Doha said calmly.

"Why is this surprising? You guys were already 'dating'," Jaehyun bit his lip hoping what he was thinking wasn't true.

"No, I mean, really going out, like a real couple," Doha smiled.

Youngdoo looked at Joo Eun. He could tell they were being serious by the way she was blushing and had her head down. Before they could say another word, Teacher Park had called them telling them to get ready to board the plane.

"Just what happened during the trip?" Jaehyun whispered to himself.

Joo Eun spaced out as class started. She was too happy thinking about the events that had happened to be worrying about class right now.

"And what is that?" Doha asked as he stepped closer to Joo Eun.

Joo Eun looked up and met eyes with Doha.

"You."

Doha paused in his steps. Had he heard right? 

"Say that again, I'm not sure I'm hearing you correctly," Doha rubbed his ears.

"I'm not saying it again," Joo Eun blushed.

"You just confessed to me right?" a huge smile began to form on Doha's face.

"I don't know," Joo Eun muttered.

"Yah Kwak Joo Eun!" Doha grabbed Joo Eun into his embrace and gave her a big hug.

"Stop it," Joo Eun chuckled as she held him back.

"Then today, we're starting for real," Doha grinned as he let her go.

Joo Eun shyly nodded.

Joo Eun chuckled to herself as she recounted the things that had happened.

"What's so funny?" Doha whispered to her as he leaned closer.

"Nothing," Joo Eun whispered back avoiding eye contact.

Suddenly, a thought came into Joo Eun's mind and a frown appeared on her face.

"His mother left him when he was young and left him some painful words," Youngdoo shook his head. "She was the one he trusted the most, but after that painful experience, he no longer believes in women. He hates women and he believes nobody will ever love him sincerely. He also believes that he will never be able to love a woman sincerely."

Youngdoo's words suddenly came into Joo Eun's mind. She looked at Doha who didn't notice her staring at him. Was everything a lie? Doha couldn't possibly love me... He hates women... Maybe he's changed. He's definitely different now, Joo Eun thought to herself.

When the last bell rang signalling the end of the day, Joo Eun let out a huge yawn that she had been trapping inside of her for the past couple minutes. A hand came up to to cover it.

"Cover your mouth," Doha chuckled.

"Yessir," Joo Eun saluted playfully.

"Let's hang out with the boys today, it's been a long time," Doha said as he slung his arm over her.

"I do miss them, I sure liked Haejoon," Joo Eun said as she her chin.

"Yah!" Doha yelled.

"I'm joking," Joo Eun laughed.

Joo Eun, Doha, Youngdoo, and Jaehyun headed over to the arcade where they were going to meet Jinsub and Haejoon. To their surprise, there was an extra guest who they were not expecting to see.

"Yo!" Haejoon grinned as the four walked up to them. "Meet Inho, our new friend."

"What are you doing here?" Doha glared as he held Joo Eun behind him.

"Woah, I'm not going to do anything to her, I'm over that now," Inho chuckled. "I just wanted to become your friend."

"Yeah, he's right," Jinsub said. "He's our friend now."

"I'm still keeping an eye on you," Doha glared.

The seven of them had a great time together. They didn't even realize time had passed by so quickly as they were too into their games.

"I'll be right back, I need to use the bathroom," Doha said as he left Joo Eun with Jinsub.

Inho walked into the bathroom stall. Somebody came up next to him right at that moment.

"Jaehyun, what are you doing here?" Doha asked.

"Same as what you're doing," Jaehyun looked at him.

"Ah, right, what a silly question," Doha laughed.

The two continued in awkward silence.

"What are you planning?" Jaehyun asked suddenly.

"What do you mean?" Doha asked as he zipped up his pants and walked over to the sink.

"You don't even like women," Jaehyun followed him.

"What are you trying to say?" Doha stopped in his steps.

"I'm telling you to let Joo Eun go," Jaehyun clenched his fists. "You're only going to hurt her in the end."

Doha stood up straight. "You're right, I don't like women," Doha replied. "At least I thought I didn't. Joo Eun is a different case."

"Stop lying, you hate women," Jaehyun frowned.

"Joo Eun's different, I like her," Doha replied. "No, I can say I love her."

"You're really funny," Jaehyun laughed. "How can you suddenly fall in love? You're telling me to believe you?"

"I don't care if you believe me or not, but it's the truth," Doha bit his lip. "Why does it matter to you anyway?"

Jaehyun paused. Without saying a word, he began to turn away, but Doha grabbed his hand and stopped him.

"I asked you a question," Doha said.

"I don't believe you, not a bit," Jaehyun replied. "I may be your friend, but I can't stand to watch you hurt someone."

"I will not hurt her. I can swear on my mother's grave," Doha said. "I'm being real this time."

"If Joo Eun sheds even a single tear because of you," Jaehyun glared at him.

"Why do you care so much about her? I don't think just because she's your friend that you're putting so much interest into her," Doha looked at Jaehyun.

Jaehyun closed his mouth shut not saying a word.

"Do you... like her?" Doha asked.

"Of course I like her, she's my friend, why would I not?" Jaehyun frowned.

"You know that's not what I meant," Doha gripped onto Jaehyun's collar. "Do you like her?"

Jaehyun glared at the boy in front of him. Jaehyun grabbed Doha's collars making them face each other only a couple inches apart.

"Yeah, I like her."