// doha's confession

My Best Friend's Friends

Joo Eun woke up the next morning to hear the sound of pans clattering against each other. She looked at the clock. It was already so late! Youngdoo should've woken her up by now. Joo Eun dreadfully dragged herself out of bed and quickly washed her face and got dressed. She walked towards the kitcehn table lazily and sat down with her eyes still half closed half opened. 

"What's for breakfast today?" Joo Eun yawned loudly without covering .

"Ham and egg," a voice replied.

Joo Eun frowned. That definitely was not Youngdoo's voice. She looked up as the person who had replied to her put a plate full of ham and eggs in front of her.

"Doha!" Joo Eun jumped back. "What are you doing here?"

"Youngdoo had something to do early in the morning, so he asked me to take care of you," Doha smiled as he sat down next to her with his own plate.

"I'm not a kid, I can take care of myself," Joo Eun frowned.

"If you say so," Doha chuckled as he handed her a fork and knife. "Dig in!"

"Thanks," Joo Eun muttered quietly as she ate her food.

The two awkwardly walked next to each other towards school. Joo Eun wasn't sure if she was still mad at Doha or not. I feel like dying, Joo Eun thought to herself. She was finally able to take a breath of air when they reached school.

"We're here, see ya!" Joo Eun happily said before dashing off.

Doha sighed as he watched her. There was no point in going off first as they were in the same class... and they did sit next to each other...

Doha got to class a couple seconds after Joo Eun. When he walked in, Joo Eun quickly averted eye contact and when he wanted to talk to her, she would immediately talk to Jaehyun pretending she hadn't heard Doha.

When the bell finally rang for lunch, Joo Eun finally felt as if she was free. She averted Doha's eyes as she ran out the door to the rooftop. It's not like Doha didn't know where she went for lunch, so there was really no point for that. Doha watched as Jaehyun followed Joo Eun's trails. He was jealous that even though he was Joo Eun's "boyfriend", Joo Eun seemed 10x closer to Jaehyun.

"Wow," Inho whistled. "Seems like someone's jealous."

"Just shut up and mind your own business," Doha snapped.

"If you like her so much, confess before that other guy does it," Inho smirked.

"What are you talking about? I'm her boyfriend," Doha glared.

"Boyfriend?" Inho bursted out laughing. "Yeah, okay, if that's what you want to be called."

"What are you talking about?" Doha gritted his teeth.

"Do you think I don't know? I'm not stupid," Inho chuckled. "You're definitely not her boyfriend. It seems like Jaehyun is more like her boyfriend than you are."

"I don't appreciate your way of talking," Doha grabbed Inho's collar.

"Doha, calm down," Youngdoo grabbed onto Doha's wrist. "Let him go."

Doha released Inho's collar angrily. He sat back down in his seat looking straight the whole time. Youngdoo looked at Doha wondering if what Inho said was true. Does Doha actually like Joo Eun? He thought Doha only pretended to be like her girlfriend just to get Inho away, but now that didn't seem like the case.

Once lunch was over, everybody returned to their seats. Joo Eun sat stiffly. She never moved her eyes away from the front board making sure to avoid Inho as much as possible. A note discreetly made its way onto Joo Eun's desk. She unfolded it.

Can we talk? -Doha

Without looking at him, she crumpled the paper and threw it aside. Doha felt as if a sharp pain had hit him across the chest. Once class was over, Joo Eun quickly packed her things and ran out of the classroom. Doha was just about to follow her before getting stopped.

"Doha, what are you doing today? Let's hang out," Hee Ra flashed a smile as she held onto his arm.

"Sorry, I'm busy, also I have a girlfriend, so if you don't mind..." Doha pulled his arm out of hers and ran after Joo Eun.

"Ugh!" Hee Ra pulled at her hair. "This is so frustrating. I need to get rid of that girl."

Doha ran after Joo Eun and found her not far ahead. He grabbed onto her arm stopping her.

"Let's talk," Doha said.

"Sorry, I'm a little busy today," Joo Eun tried pulling out of his grasp, but Doha just held on even tighter.

"Why?!" Doha shouted. "Why are you doing this to me?"

All the students stopped what they were doing and stared at the two.

"Are they having a couple fight?" "Good! I hope they break up!" "They weren't meant to be anyway." "Maybe I'll have a chance with Doha, I'm much better looking than that girl."

"People are looking..." Joo Eun tried to cover herself from the others.

"Look at me," Doha held onto her shoulders and faced her.

"Can we talk somewhere else?" Joo Eun whispered looking at the people around them.

"No, we need to talk right now," Doha said firmly. "Why are you acting so cold towards me?"

"I-I'm not," Joo Eun stuttered surprised by how Doha was acting.

"What did I do so wrong?" Doha continued. "Is it because of Hee Ra? I have absolutely nothing to do with her. If you think you got hurt because of me, I apologize. I didn't know what I said could cause her to do that. I admit, it was my fault. I'll make sure you don't get hurt anymore."

"O-oh... okay," Joo Eun was at a loss for words.

"If not, then is it because I called myself your boyfriend?" Doha continued rambling on. "Is that so bad? Every girl wants to be my girlfriend, but nobody except you has gotten that opportunity so far."

"Who said I wanted that opportunity?" Joo Eun frowned. "Who gave you the right to call yourself my boyfriend?"

Doha stopped talking. Joo Eun was right. He gave himself that title. Joo Eun hadn't given him the rights. He didn't even ask her out. He just claimed the title for himself. Doha's hands dropped from Joo Eun's shoulders.

"You're right..." Doha bit his lip.

"Why would you do something without asking me first?" Joo Eun continued. "Do you know how much damage I got from you? All your fangirls are bullying me just because they think I'm dating you. You don't even like me! Why are you doing this?!"

Doha looked straight into her eyes when she said that. "Who said?" Doha said angrily.

"Said what?" Joo Eun asked confused.

"Who said I didn't like you?" Doha frowned. "I'm doing this because I like you. You, Kwak Joo Eun, are the first girl I, Park Doha, have liked. I mean it."

Joo Eun stood there dumbfounded. All her thoughts suddenly went away and she had no idea where she was anymore. She forgot all the people that were looking at them.

"Stop joking around, it's not funny," Joo Eun chuckled before running away.

Without looking where she went, she bumped into somebody. She looked up to find Jaehyun looking at her.

"Joo Eun-," Jaehyun began.

Without saying a word, Joo Eun ran away. Jaehyun looked in front of him to see a whole crowd standing there and Doha in the middle by himself. Jaehyun walked up to Doha and frowned.

"What did you do?" Jaehyun asked.

"I confessed," Doha said sounding depleted.

"You jerk," Jaehyun grabbed Doha by the collar. "Stop fooling around with her."

Jaehyun released Doha and ran towards the direction Joo Eun ran in. When he found her, he stopped her.

"Joo Eun, are you okay?" Jaehyun asked as he looked at her blank face.

"Yeah, I'm fine, I have to wait for Youngdoo, so if you'll excuse me," Joo Eun put on a tiny smile before moving along.

Jaehyun was worried, but he decided not to bother her. 

Once Joo Eun got home, she immediately ran towards her room and threw herself on her bed while hugging her pillow. So many things had happened and she hadn't even been in Seoul for that long. She blushed thinking back to Doha's confession. She shook her head to snap out of it.

"He didn't mean it," Joo Eun kept repeating to herself. "It's all fake."

Like that, Joo Eun fell into a deep sleep forgetting all that had happened today.