// new transfer student

My Best Friend's Friends

Joo Eun had been avoiding Doha the whole day and Doha didn't know what to do. He kept trying to start a conversation, but Joo Eun would never respond. The only time Doha heard Joo Eun talk was when she was talking to either Youngdoo or Jaehyun. Doha sighed as he pondered on what to do.

"Alright class, pay attention," Teacher Park yelled as the class quieted down. "We have a new transfer student today. His name is Hwang Inho. Introduce yourself."

"Hello, I'm Hwang Inho. Pleased to meet you guys," Inho smiled. 

The girls all had a smile on their face. "Wow, he's hot!" "He's on par with White." "If he joined White, that would be a dream team." "Another eye candy."

Inho chuckled at the whispers of all the girls. 

"Please sit next to Youngdoo. Youngdoo raise your hand please," Teacher Park said.

As Inho walked to his seat, he spotted a girl in the back corner of the room. He instantly recognized her.

"Oh, it's you," Inho grinned as he pointed to Joo Eun.

Jaehyun and Doha looked at Joo Eun surprised and waiting for an explanation.

"Me?" Joo Eun asked in shock. "Do you know me?"

"You don't remember me?" Inho chuckled. "You bumped into me yesterday in the hallways and just left without even saying sorry."

Joo Eun could feel Hee Ra's glare burning a hole through her head. If knowing White wasn't bad enough, the new hot guy just made it worse. Joo Eun faintly remembered bumping into someone as she made her way to the nurse's office yesterday, but she didn't recognize the face.

"Ah, I remember you," Joo Eun replied. "Sorry about that."

"No, it's fine," Inho smiled as he stook his hand out. "Let's be friends."

Doha looked at Inho's hand. Before Joo Eun could reach out to shake it, Doha placed his own hand in Inho's.

"Yes, let's become friends," Doha slapped on a fake smile. 

"O-okay..." Inho replied flustered as he sent a wink to Joo Eun before returning to his seat.

Before Joo Eun knew it, class ended and it was lunch time. She sat on the rooftop while eating her lunch with Jaehyun and Seulgi like usual. Doha was always on the sidelines watching them, but Joo Eun just never realized. 

"It's finally Friday!" Seulgi cried happily. "I can finally take a break."

"Oh, why don't we crash at your house tomorrow?" Jaehyun asked Joo Eun.

"You need to ask Youngdoo about that, but I'm cool with that!" Joo Eun grinned. "Except Doha, don't bring him please."

"Alright, don't worry, it'll just be me, Jinseob, and Haejoon," Jaehyun chuckled.

"What about Junseo?" Joo Eun asked as she chewed on her rice.

"He moved back to his hometown this morning," Jaehyun shrugged. "He has to take care of family problems. Guess we won't be seeing him for a while."

"I see," Joo Eun nodded as she continued chewing before a face randomly popped out of nowhere.

"Hi Joo Eun," Inho smiled as his face was only several centimeters away from hers.

"Woah," Joo Eun moved her face away. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to eat with you, can I do that?" Inho pushed himself in between Jaehyun and Joo Eun.

"Um... I guess?" Joo Eun shrugged as she looked at Jaehyun who seemed to be glaring someone to death right now.

"Who..." Seulgi asked as she eyed the eye candy from head to toe.

"Hey, nice to meet you, I'm Inho, Joo Eun's friend," Inho smiled as he held his hand out.

"I'm Seulgi, nice to meet you," Seulgi grinned widely as she shook his hand.

Inho stared at Jaehyun for a while before turning away. Jaehyun frowned at his actions. Inho was clearly avoiding him. Doha who was quietly watching from the sidelines was now fully awake paying attention to the situation. He didn't have a good feeling about Inho from the start.

"So what are you doing tomorrow Joo Eun?" Inho asked. "If you're not busy, go on a date with me."

Joo Eun dropped her chopsticks shocked by what she had just heard. Jaehyun and Seulgi had stopped eating as well. Doha stood a couple feet away with his mouth hanging.

"Uh..." Joo Eun muttered.

"She has plans with me tomorrow," Jaehyun interrupted.

"Yeah, yeah," Joo Eun nodded in agreement.

"Is he your boyfriend?" Inho eyed Jaehyun up and down.

"Uh.. no," Joo Eun replied.

"Then you can skip a day and hang with me instead right?" Inho grinned.

"Um..." Joo Eun stuttered.

"Please," Inho pleaded with puppy eyes.

"Ahhhhh okay, just one day," Joo Eun gave in. "It wouldn't hurt."

"Yay, it's a date then, give me your number," Inho grinned as he swept his phone out. "I'll text you the place and time."

As Inho and Joo Eun exchanged numbers, Jaehyun and Doha watched in awe. They were left astounded. They both felt a pang of jealousy.

"What is this feeling?" Doha gritted his teeth as he pounded his chest. "It feels like I just lost..."

**********

"Where are you going so early in the morning? The boys are coming over soon," Youngdoo said as Joo Eun walks ou tthe kitchen all dressed up.

"Uh... I have a date," Joo Eun whispers.

"A what?" Youngdoo stops what he was doing and stares at her.

"A date..." Joo Eun says once more.

"With who?" Youngdoo raises an eyebrow.

"The new kid... Inho," Joo Eun replies.

"Oh... okay... have fun," Youngdoo frowns as Joo Eun exited.

Joo Eun took a bus to her destination. She looked at her watch. She was a couple minutes early, so she decided to stop by a coffee shop to grab some coffee. As she paid for her coffee, it seemed as if a couple of black figures were following her, but when she turned around, nobody was there. She shrugged the thought off and went to meet Inho.

"Good morning, Joo Eun," Inho greeted. "You're looking awfully pretty today."

"Thanks," Joo Eun blushed as she slipped her hair behind her ear. "Where are we going today?"

"It's a secret," Inho put his index finger over his lips. "Just follow my lead."

Joo Eun nodded as Inho grabbed her hand and dragged her to Namsan Tower. Joo Eun had never been here before and she fell in love at first sight.

"Wow..." Joo Eun stood in front of the tower in awe. She didn't even realize Inho was still gripping her wrist.

"You've never been here before?" Inho asked.

Joo Eun shook her head. "I've never been outside of Namyangju."

"Come on, let's go," Inho grinned as he pulled her inside.

The two spent a long day out until the sun began to set. The two decided to take a break and eat at a traditional restaurant.

"What do you want to eat?" Inho asked as he handed her the menu.

"Hm... what do you suggest?" Joo Eun asked.

Inho smiled as he leaned closer to Joo Eun making her feel a little uncomfortable. After choosing their dishes, they sat there in awkward silence.

"Um... today was really fun," Joo Eun smiled. "Thanks a lot."

"No problem, I should thank you for coming with me," Inho grinned. "May I ask you something..."

"Do you have a boyfriend?" Inho asks loudly.

Joo Eun found it weird why he was asking so loudly, but she didn't question him. 

"Um..." Joo Eun bit her lip.

Before she could say another word, 5 figures ran up next to her.

"She has a boyfriend!" All five of them said.

"Youngdoo! Jaehyun! Doha! Haejoon! Jinseob!" Joo Eun frowned. "What are you all doing here?"

"They've been following us for a while," Inho chuckled. "I can't believe you didn't notice."

"You've been getting a little too intimate with her, you need to back off," Youngdoo glared.

"I agree," Haejoon nodded.

"Who are you guys?" Inho raised his eyebrows looking at the five guys. "Which one of you is her boyfriend?"

The five guys looked back and forth at each other. Joo Eun looked at the five guys unsure of what to do in this situation. She wasn't sure why they had followed her in the first place.

"He is!" Haejoon replied as he pushed Doha forward.

"Me? Ah, yes I am," Doha stuttered.

"You? Are you sure?" Inho frowned. "It doesn't seem like it."

"No, I am, see," Doha replied confidently as he threw his arm around Joo Eun catching her off guard.

Jaehyun felt a pang of hurt in his chest but he decided to ignore it. 

"What are you doing?" Joo Eun whispered to Doha.

"Just follow along unless you want this guy as your boyfriend," Doha whispered back.

Joo Eun faked a smile and laughed in the most unrealistic way ever. "This. Is. My. Boyfriend." Joo Eun gritted her teeth reluctant to say the words.

"Really?" Inho raised his eyebrow.

"Yes," Joo Eun squeezed her eyes closed as Doha pulled her closer with a big smile on his face.

"Well then, to Joo Eun's boyfriend-nim," Inho smiled at Doha.

"Yes?" Doha said with a huge smile.

"I declare war on you," Inho said.

"What?" Doha's smile faded.

"Because I like Joo Eun as well," Inho glared right at Doha.

"What?!" Haejoon and Jinseob screamed as Jaehyun and Youngdoo just glared straight into Inho's eyes.

"I'll steal Joo Eun from you," Inho smirked.