// jaehyun's confession

My Best Friend's Friends

"Yeah, I like her."

Doha threw Jaehyun back and pinned him against the wall.

"Say that one more time," Doha's fists were clenched tightly.

"I like her, so I'm going to try to take her away from you if you don't treat her right," Jaehyun said with a straight face.

Within seconds, a fist had gone through Jaehyun's face. Doha's hand was hurting from the pain of punching him while Jaehyun himself was on the floor with a bruised face. Doha picked him up by the collar and held him up in the air.

"You may be my friend, but I'm not going to have mercy on you," Doha said before dropping Jaehyun down on the floor and walking out.

Doha walked straight up to Joo Eun and wrapped his arms around her. He leaned his head on her shoulder as she turned around in surprise.

"What are you doing?" Joo Eun asked as the other guys looked at the two with interest.

"Just let me stay like this for a minute," Doha whispered in her ear.

Joo Eun gulped as she nodded. She stood still like a statue for a minute. She could feel her heart pounding like crazy within that minute.

Jaehyun came out of the bathroom a couple seconds after Doha had as he wiped the blood off his lips. He looked at Joo Eun who was being hugged by Doha. He met eyes with Doha and it seemed as if Doha was ready to kill him any second. Jaehyun looked away and walked towards the guys. 

Youngdoo who had seen him first questioned him. "What happened to your face?"

"Nothing, I just bumped into the wall," Jaehyun replied as he touched his bruised face.

"It looks like it hurts," Jinsub frowned. "I'll go buy some ointment."

"No, it's fine," Jaehyun stopped him. "It'll get better real quick."

Joo Eun saw Jaehyun's bruised face and just as she was about to break away from Doha and walk towards Jaehyun, Doha held her hand which made her stop in her tracks.

"Let's go play that," Doha smiled as he dragged Joo Eun off before she could say another word.

"Those two loverbirds left us again," Haejoon rolled his eyes. "Joo Eun used to like me the best before he came along!"

"Yeah, right, keep dreaming," Jinsub smacked Haejoon's head.

Jaehyun watched the two as they went off without them. He took a deep breath before facing Youngdoo.

"I'm not really feeling well, so I'm going to go home first," Jaehyun said.

"Already?" Youngdoo asked.

"Yeah, it's been a tiring day for me," Jaehyun gave a little smile.

"Alright, get home safe and feel better!" Youngdoo shouted as Jaehyun walked out the door.

The sun was already setting. Jaehyun walked down the street aimlessly without knowing where to go. He didn't want to go home. He found a park nearby and took a seat on a free bench. He looked up at the sun with his hands half covering it.

"Why did you do that?" Jaehyun whispered to himself. "You shouldn't have randomly said it."

Jaehyun was blaming himself for the events that had just occured when somebody spotted him from a distance.

"Jaehyun?" a voice called.

Jaehyun turned around to find a familiar face. "Seulgi?" Jaehyun replied.

"What a coincidence!" Seulgi smiled as she ran up to him. "What are you doing here?"

"I was just out for a walk," Jaehyun replied as he looked at the bags in her hand. "Were you buying groceries?"

"Oh, yeah, my fridge ran out of food," Seulgi chuckled.

"Do you need help carrying that?" Jaehyun asked noticing her struggling to hold the bags.

"No, no, I'm fine, thank you!" Seulgi smiled. "My house isn't that far from here."

Before she knew it, Jaehyun had already grabbed a couple of bags from her hand.

"Lead the way," Jaehyun said as he got up. "I don't have anywhere to go anyway."

"O-oh, thanks," Seulgi blushed.

In a couple of minutes, Seulgi stood outside her house. Jaehyun slowly placed the bags on the floor outside her house as he bowed getting ready to leave.

"Um... would you like to come in for some tea?" Seulgi asked.

"Is that okay?" Jaehyun replied. "I really need something to distract me right now."

"Um... yeah, but I hope you don't mind my messy house," Seulgi scratched the back of her head. "I have two younger brothers."

Seulgi opened the door to two screaming boys.

"Don't touch my things!" one of them shouted to the other.

"It's not yours!" the other shouted.

"Yah! Hyunwoo, Seowoo!" Seulgi shouted as she walked her way over to the two boys. "What did I say about sharing?"

"But he-"

Seulgi her breath in as she glared at the two boys. One of them finally noticed the guy standing by the door.

"Who's that?" one of the boys asked.

"Your boyfriend?" the other chuckled.

"He's my friend, don't bother him, go back to what you were doing," Seulgi said as she motioned Jaehyun to come to the kitchen.

"Sorry, they're a bit annoying," Seulgi apologized.

"Not at all, I think they're cute," Jaehyun chuckled as he helped Seulgi put the groceries in the fridge.

"Ah, let me get some tea for you," Seulgi said as she rushed over to the counter.

"It's fine, take your time," Jaehyun laughed at Seulgi's cuteness.

He looked around as Seulgi prepared his drink. He walked up to the fridge and found a family picture, but without her father.

"Here you go," Seulgi stopped as she saw him looking at her family picture.

"Ah, sorry, I didn't mean to look at your stuff," Jaehyun apologized before taking his seat.

"It's fine," Seulgi smiled as she placed the tea in front of him.

"Where's your father?" Jaehyun asked as he sipped his tea.

Seulgi grew quiet which Jaehyun noticied.

"Sorry if I'm asking too much, you don't have to answer," Jaehyun bit his lip worried.

"No, no, it's fine," Seulgi smiled. "My parents divorced before my younger brothers were born. My dad cheated on my mom and now he has a new family."

"Oh... I'm sorry," Jaehyun looked down.

"Why are you apologizing?" Seulgi laughed. "It's just life."

"Ah, look at the time, I should get going now," Jaehyun said as he looked at his watch.

"I'll walk you to the door, get home safe," Seulgi replied as she watched him leave.

"He's cool," one of the brother's said as he left.

"Are you going to marry him?" the other asked.

"Don't say useless things!" Seulgi blushed as she closed the door.

Jaehyun chuckled as he heard the brother's words through the door. Seeing them made him want younger brothers as well. 

"Guess it's time to go home," Jaehyun sighed as he really wasn't feeling it.

As he walked down the street, he noticed a familiar figure walking towards him. As he got closer, he identified her.

"Joo Eun?" Jaehyun asked.

Joo Eun looked up from where she was and smiled. "Hey, I thought you went home already?" Joo Eun replied.

"Ah, some things happened here and there," Jaehyun scratched the back of his head. "Why are you walking alone? Where's Doha?"

"He said he had some things to do at home, so he went home early," Joo Eun shurgged.

"Ah... I see," Jaehyun replied a bit awkwardly. "Do you want a walk home?"

"It's fine, I live really close from here, I can manage," Joo Eun smiled.

"Okay, get home safely," Jaehyun looked down as he began walking past Joo Eun.

Jaehyun was slowly making his way down the street when he heard a scream coming from the direction Joo Eun had walked towards. He turned around and found a bunch of men holding Joo Eun hostage as they pushed her into a van.

"Joo Eun!" Jaehyun yelled as he ran after the van, but it had drove off before he got there.

He quickly took pictures of the license plate and dialed the police.