Chapter 42: The Stigma of a Perfect Flower Part 1

BTS FANFIC: Run With Me

Chapter 42: The Stigma of a Perfect Flower Part 1

 

Snow

We panicked. The loud cry that triggers us to leave everything behind and make a run upstairs. Our hearts are pumping hard in hopes nothing bad has happened. Living with the boys for many months, I knew what kind of person they are. Or so I thought. Taehyung, for that matter, is a baby in the house. You may think Jimin is the baby because of his aegyo and cute face but I believe Taehyung is much more of a baby. His 4D personality got me worried sometimes but curious that I would like to know what he is thinking.

 

Jin: Taehyung!

 

There he was lying on the dining room floor. There wasn't any slight movement. The wet floor has already dried up. I looked around to see what causes him to fall. Nothing. There was nothing that could make him lie on his back. The mop was the only item beside him. Perhaps he must have hit his head with the mop. Strange to be knock down by a vulnerable object.

 

V: Oh, hi everyone. Why are you all gathering around me?

 

All: Taehyung! *Everyone hug V*

 

V: … What’s wrong everyone? Aww… I feel loved.

 

Jin: What the hell is wrong with you? You make us so worried.

 

Jimin: Your nose is bleeding.

 

V: Opps. I must hit myself with the mop while dancing around. *wipes away the blood with his hands*

 

Jungkook: That's impossible. It is the ghost lady, right?

 

V: ….

 

The atmosphere getting tensed. I better break it apart before it gets any worse.

 

Snow: I will help clean you up since you are my partner and we are already done with our chores.

 

V: Uh. Is it ok with you?

 

Snow: Of course, Why not? We are family, right?

 

V: Family?

 

Rap Monster: Well then, we will take it from here. *sigh* You worry us, Taehyung but I want you to rest well. You did your job.

 

V: Hehehe. Thanks, Hyung!

 

Jungkook: Here is the first aid and I am sure you have some fresh towels in your room.

 

V: Yeah. Come in Snow. Let's go to my room.

 

Suga: You better not do anything to her.

 

JHope: Seriously Yoongi? Taehyung won't do anything bad.

 

Suga: Just want to make sure.

 

Snow: Well then, we head forward. Good luck with the rest of the chores!

 

As we left the dining room, I overheard Namjoon and Jungkook talking to each other.

 

Jungkook: Will he be ok? I am worried about Taehyung.

 

Rap Monster: He will be. He has Snow and that's more than enough.

*******************************************************************************************************

V: Hold on. Before we enter. My room is kind of not what you will expect. So please pardon me if you something that's an eyesore to you.

 

Snow: Don't worry. I don't clean up my room as much. I feel so plain lazy in the school break.

 

V: If you say so. Let me unlock this door with my magic card.

 

*scans card*

 

V: Tadah! Welcome to TaeTae Crib!

 

Snow: Wow!!!

 

His room has big windows that makes the area brighter. He got his favourite bike against the wall. The walls were spray painted with cool graffities. A rebel in the house huh? This is something I don’t know about Taehyung.

 

V: I will get the towels and a basin from my bathroom while you can just make yourself feel home.

 

Snow: Sure. I will set up the first aid in your desk.

 

V: Take your time. I need to change out too. Hehee.

 

I walked towards his desk and took out the items needed to clean his wound. He doesn't need a lot. A cotton wool, wound cleanser and plaster will do. I wonder what happened to him just now while we were at the basement.

 

All I should do is just wait for him to get change quickly. I hope nothing happens to him in the bathroom instead. I took a seat at his desk until a small wooden photo frame caught my eyes. I picked it up and stared at the family picture.

 

The only person I could recognise is Taehyung but there were four other people in the same photo. My guess is that the two adults are his parents and the other kids, a boy and a girl are his younger siblings. I never thought Taehyung would be the eldest in his family. He seems like the only child based on his personality.

 

V: I looked cool, don't I?

 

Snow: Omo! You scared me!

 

His face suddenly darkened. He immediately slumps on his bed in frustration.

 

V: I am sorry.

 

I must have hurt his feelings. Oh no. What to do? Stupid Snow. You just upset him.

 

Snow: *stood up from her seat* No! I am sorry Taehyung. Is there anything I could do; I would like to help?

 

V: The lady in white still haunts me even if you did try help.

 

Snow: Huh? Taehyung, is there something you want to tell me. Who is this lady in white that you keep talking about?

 

V: You wouldn’t believe me because you can never see her. Only those who are guilty will see her.

 

Goosebumps when all over my body. Chills went down my spine. I don’t know how to react to him. He is so serious about the lady in white that I tried to believe him.

 

Snow: Maybe not seeing is also believing.

 

V: What? *he frowns as he sits up on his bed*

 

Snow: You know the word ‘Trust’. You don’t need proof to believe that person.

 

V: Trust? I like that! *his eyes start to brighten up*

 

Snow: I don’t have to see this ghost lady to believe you.

 

V: But nobody trust me because they never see me do it.

 

Snow: Who?

 

V: Everyone! My...my family.

 

Snow: Of course, we do. Namjoon, Seokjin, Jimin, Hoseok, Yoongi, Jungkook and myself. We trust you.

 

V: No. Not this family. My real family. There is something you must know. The lady in white is my punishment. I did something really bad in the past. I ran away from it and now she haunts me. She must be here to remind me of my guilt. What I have done to ruin my family. Snow, you must help me.

 

As much as I wanted to help him on the lady in white. I think there is a need to know about his past before deciding what to do next. I am scared to what stands before me. However, if I really want to help Taehyung, I must listen to what he has to say.

 

They are not what you think they are.

 

Blake’s voice just triggered me again. Perhaps Taehyung holds the key to this statement. He might me something that the others don’t. He might have done something so bad that this ghost lady scare him for life. I am counting on you, Taehyung. Please let it be the answer to what is going on with everything in Swallowtail Papillon. I sat on the bed beside him. I looked at him in the eyes.

 

Snow: I will help you and you must at once tell me everything that you know.

 

******************************************************************************************************

Taehyung

 

 

Police: Name?

 

V: Kim Taehyung

 

Police: Age?

 

V: 16 years old.

 

Police: Parents?

 

V: What are parents?

 

Police: Don’t you play with me, boy. Your parents. They are your family. I need to contact them.

 

V: I don’t have any family.

 

Police: Hmm. A runaway orphan?

 

V:

 

Police: You have been charged for vandalism in the city. All the walls and the shop gates were gratified by you. You are such an idiot for not looking out for the CCTV cameras. Can I ask you why are you doing this?

 

V: Officer, can I make a phone call?

*******************************************************************************************************

 

‘’It was the first fissure in the columns that upheld my childhood, which every individual must destroy before he can become himself. Such fissure and rents grow together again, heal and are forgotten. But in the most secret recesses they continue to live and bleed.”

  • DEMIAN by Herman Hesse

 

?: You worthless piece of !

 

*sound of glass breaking*

 

?: How many times do I have to tell you?!

 

*smack*

 

V: ...

 

?: You are selfish kid. You never think about me huh. How much effort I raised you?

 

V: Appa...please…

 

I couldn't stand it anymore. No matter how hard I try to satisfy my dad, I always make him unhappy. His drinking habits drive me crazy. I can't control him. Neither of us can. I wish he could stop pretending to be king. Has he forgotten about us? That we were family. How can I be the son that he wanted? How can I be a role model to my younger siblings where they have no idea what was it like to be loved?

 

I am tired of being the filial child. All I want is to do something bad for once.