Chapter 20: Boyz Meet Evil

BTS FANFIC: Run With Me

Snow Black

 

It has been 1 month since I started to live in Swallowtail Papillon. Being away from home was making me feel sick. I missed everything that I had in Lemonade Flower. My parents and I still talk to each other through our web cam every week. I told them how I was living with Uncle Amos and coping with school. Of course there was some trouble with the Bulletproof Boyz in Crow Tit High School.

 At first, it was chaos with all the misunderstanding and we were trying to get to know each other. Now, I am used to them ever since I realised that we were living under the same roof. Our friendship really grew as time goes by. We did have our arguments every now and then. We managed to solve them as soon of possible. To be honest, I spent more time with them compared with Uncle Amos.

He has been so busy in making the town to be established properly. Not only that, he has this HUGE crush with our principal, Miss Hamlet. He has been chasing after her since the school was established. That was what I have been told. From time to time, Uncle Amos will join us for dinner and even hang out with us. I also realised that the Bulletproof Boyz respected him so much for some reason. Sometimes, one of the boys will go with Uncle Amos to his office to talk about something serious.

This part got me curious about them all. I just want to know what are their purpose to be here. I tried to ask them but they avoided the topic. I wish I knew something.

One day, we were all in the same class for physical education. Our teacher, Mr Bob, made us run the field for 5 rounds. To tell you a fact about me, I am a loser in sports. I dislike running the most! After 1 round, I will start to get breathless and feel some cramps at my abdomen. My pacing will get slower and I will start walking.

Mr Bob: C’mon Snow! Run! Why are you walking?! This is NOT a walk in the park unless you want to run another 3 extra laps. You too, Avery. A chicken can even run faster than you.

Urgh! I hate it when Mr Bob is being all mean. He looks like an instructor from the army. Just that he is “Fat”, wearing a cap and dark shades and his sliver whistle at his mouth. Does this man ever exercise too? I can imagine him after class, being in his office with his cup coffee and a box of donuts.

I can see that the Bulletproof Boys are really good at running. Jungkook was the fastest, then Jimin, V and J-Hope. Jin was next and Suga. As for Rap Monster, he was just right in front of me. With that long legs, he can actually run faster but I am not sure why he is running in a slower pacing.

I am half way though the end. My breathing got heavier and I am getting thirstier and the heat is burning my skin. Sweats trickled down my face like rain. I can feel my legs getting weaker and weaker. The next thing I knew, I felt something hit against my ankle and I found myself on the grass.

??: Hey can you stand?

I opened my eyes and sat. My knees got scraped and my ankle was hurting bad. I looked up and saw unfamiliar face reaching out his hand to me. He has this worried look on his face. Black hair and pale skin. He looked so skinny but tall. Not only that his eyes were green.  I looked behind and saw the Bulletproof Boyz came running to me.

Jimin: Snow-yah… Are you ok?

Rap Monster: Oh ! Snow, sorry I didn’t see you. I thought you could manage yourself in the last lap.

Snow: *embarrassed* I am ok.

I took that unknown boy’s hand but I lost my balance. I sat down again. My ankle hurts. Jin was examining my ankle.

Jin: Her ankle is swollen. How did you fell?

Snow: I have no idea. I just felt something hit my ankle and I fell.

Suga: We have to get her inside.

Mr Bob: What’s the problem?

J-Hope: Snow hurt her ankle, Sir.

Mr Bob: Can you stand?

Snow: No Sir…

V: We have to carry her to the infirmary.

Jungkook: I will do it.

Jungkook piggybacked me and together with the rest, we head towards the infirmary.

In the Infirmary

 

 I lied on the bed while being surrounded by the Bulletproof Boyz. This is so embarrassing. They were quiet for the 1st time with the concern look on their faces. Jimin and V sat on the bed with me. Rap Monster was standing by the door. Suga lying on another bed next to mine and Jungkook was helping Jin with the first aid. Since the school has yet to have any school nurses, so we somehow have to do the treatment by ourselves.

Jin: I got the ice pack prepared. Just put at your ankle.

Jungkook: I found the first aid!

Snow: Thanks. *Grabs the ice pack*

Jin: From what I see, you didn’t really sprain your ankle. Your legs just gave way because you are tired. Still you could run a bit more.

Snow: I know that but I really feel like something hit my ankle.

Jungkook opened the first aid box on the cardiac table and too out the cotton balls and medicine. He passed them to Jin and even prepared the plaster for me. Jin just pour the medicine on the cotton balls and start to clean the wound on my knees and arms. I gave a little yelped to stingy pain as he dabbed on my wounds.

Jimin: Snow, let me hold the ice pack for you.

V: You can hold my hand. Hehehehe...

Jimin: Hey. Tsk.

Jungkook: By the way, did you hit on any rocks while running.

Snow: I don’t know. Perhaps I could. Why?

Jungkook: Your ankle has really bad bruises. It’s as if something has hit you hard. You didn’t see anything on the ground?

Snow: No… I was focused on running until the end.

Jungkook: Hmmm… *Looks doubtful*

Jin: Done with the bandage. You can rest now. Let’s head back to class everyone.

V: Now… We are leaving?

Jin: Yes. We still have lots of things to do too later on.

V: OH damn!

Snow: I need to go to.

Jin: You better rest up. You looked so pale as ever. We will pick you up later.

Jungkook: I will get your stuff too.

Rap Monster: Make sure you sleep well. See you later.

Jimin: Sigh… I will see you Snow. Yah! Yoongi! Wake up!

Suga: Don’t disturb me. I am tired too.

Jin: You don’t have the right to.

Suga: Who says that?

Jin: ME! Let’s go! * Grabs Suga’s hands to make him move*

J-Hope: Sleep Well! *Pats on her head*

After everyone left, I was alone in the room. I lay down. Gosh I am really exhausted. Still, I am feel sorry and grateful to the Bulletproof Boyz for being by my side. I just wish I could do something for them. They have never been into any trouble. A month with them doesn’t mean I know them well. I just want to pry to their life story for once. I watched as the ceiling fan turn and turn. My eyes got heavy and heavier. They slowly close as I let my energy recharged.

I woke up, feeling as though someone was watching me from my bedside. I opened my eyes and turn my head to the right. There he was, the black-haired skinny guy, the one who held out his hand to me when I fell earlier. His green eyes were studying me. He has this weird look on his face. I felt so uneasy.

Snow: What are you doing?

??: You must be awake. I am so sorry. I thought I might find you here.

Snow: Huh? Who are you and what do you want?

His voice was like musical box. It was soothing that helps you to relax.

??: You must be curious eh? I bet you are even curious about the Bulletproof Boyz. Listen, you have to be careful. They are not what you think.

Snow: What do you mean?

I was all puzzled. What is this boy trying to relay? Does he know anything about the Bulletproof Boyz? The boy grabbed my hand.

??: You must listen to me. Both of us share the same fate. You may not understand now but soon when the time comes.

Jungkook: Snow! Feeling better now?

Jungkook was standing at the door. He was carrying my stuff. Jimin and V came behind him. Their faces don’t look good. The air was all tense for a sudden. I am not sure what was going on but it is no good.

??: Looks like it is my cue to go now. I see you soon, beautiful. * kiss Snow’s cheeks*

I was surprised by the kiss. I can feel myself blushing. At the corner of eyes, I saw Jungkook’s fist clench and V trying to stop Jimin from moving forward. The boy then got up from his seat and gave a little smirk.

??: Oh and my name is Blake.

And the boy just walked out of the room. What was all the about? Jimin and V came running to me while Jungkook looked out to make sure that the boy has gone.

Jimin: Did the boy do something bad? Please tell us what he said.

Snow: I don’t know. I just woke up and he was there.

I lied half-heartedly. I didn’t want to know the whole truth especially about the fact that I must be careful. I wonder what secrets the Bulletproof Boyz had. The Blake guy seems to know about them. Their relationship is so bad which makes me curious even more.

Snow: Do you know him by any chance?

V: He is the new student. Arrived yesterday. That’s what I have been told by Jin.

Jimin: It was our very first meeting but something about him seems so familiar.

Jungkook: Whoever he is, I don’t like him.

They also seem to tell me the truth half-heartedly. He gave my stuff to me and told me to change. It was time to head home as Jin had prepared his car. I was able to stand but I need to limp a bit. V carried my bag and Jungkook lifted me up in his arms while Jimin just tag along.

 As we were on the way to the lobby, I turn my head to look at Jungkook. He still put on the serious look. This is the first time I ever felt a bad aura from him. He seems to be in a lot of thoughts. I can smell the perfume fragrance he was wearing and make me even like cuddling in his arms.

Jungkook: Snow, I just want to say. Don’t worry about us. We will always protect you.

He gave a sweet smile to me before putting me into the car.