Chapter 12: My House of Cards

BTS FANFIC: Run With Me

Snow Black

I stepped onto the marble floors and two grand stairs leading to 2nd floor on each side welcoming me. I looked up and a ball-like chandelier was hanging on the ceiling which lightens up the main entrance. I looked on my right and my guess that was the dining room. The smell of tomato pasta lingers into my nose. On my left, it was Uncle Amos’s office because I can smell the old books that had been on the shelves for many years. In the room at the front, I can hear a basketball game being played on the television. There was someone watching but I couldn’t see who it was.

Uncle Amos: Hoseok, I will see you later for dinner. Let me show my niece around here.

J-Hope: Umm… Ok Amos. I think I will get myself change into dry clothes. See ya!

Uncle Amos: Come on, Snow and follow me to your room.

We walked up the stairs to the right and on the 2nd floor you can look over at the living room. The living room was huge. Surrounded with white walls, the cream colour couch was long that 5 people could fit in. Two more sofas also surrounds the round glass coffee table and they were facing the wide television screen. What makes the living room more amazing is that there were huge windows where Uncle Amos told me that you can actually see the stars glittering the night sky. However, all I can see now is the black sky and rain droplets hitting on the window panes.

Someone sitting on the couch, looks so familiar from the top view. His hair looks so familiar. That someone was wearing a blue sweater. It can’t be J-hope. The way he sat looked so slack and it would be too fast for J-Hope to get changed. I just dismissed the idea and followed Uncle Amos.

We were right in front of the door in the middle of the other 2 doors. When we walked past the 1st door, there was a ‘DO NOT DISTURB’ signage on it. I wondered if anyone is living here instead of Uncle Amos. However, I was more eager to see my own room itself. Uncle Amos take out a key card from his pocket and scanned it below the door knob. The door unlocked itself. My jaw dropped.

Uncle Amos: This is your own key card to your room. Is cool right?

Snow: OMG! Like YEAH! *giggles*

As I opened the door, my mood went up. My room was so beautiful. I was stepping on the finest wooden floor. It was decorated according to my style. It wasn’t decorated too girly. The walls were white and the queen size bed was the first one I see. I ran and jumped onto the bed. I looked up at the ceiling and the fan above was circling.

Uncle Amos: The bathroom is just behind this door. We tried to decorate according to you taste. I asked your parents to get a snapshot of your bedroom.

No wonder my parents have been so sneaky going into my room. I sat up on my bed and looked at the window at the other side of the room. It seems like Uncle Amos had created for me a reading corner with a study area. Someone has unpacked my boxes and arranged my book and stationeries for me. I ran to Uncle Amos and gave him a big hug.

Snow: Thank you so much Uncle Amos! I owe you so much!

Uncle Amos: Well I received so help from others before we arrived. *smiles* I am going to leave you here to change out. You are so wet.

We giggled and he left the room. I lay down. Finally…peace and quiet. It has been rough but not everyone’s 1st day of town will go well. I got up and looked at my unpack luggage. I guess I had to arrange my clothes by myself. I ped it and take out all my fresh clothes. I took out a sweatpants and a Nirvana t-shirt and off I go to wash up myself.

There was knock at my door as I was drying my hair. The rain has stopped and I checked the time. It was 6:30pm. Another knock at the door and I switched off my hair dryer. I rushed to the door and opened. I dropped my towel out of surprise.

Jimin: Hi Snow! Hehehehe….

Snow: What are YOU doing here?!

Jimin: I came to get you. It is dinner time. Aren’t you hungry?

Snow: I am but what I mean is… What are you doing in this mansion? Shouldn’t you be at YOUR home?

Jimin: Oh. Well. This is where I live.

Snow: WHAT?!

Jimin: This is MY home. Snow, are you ok? You look pale.

I have no idea what was going on. I must be dreaming. I rubbed my eyes but Jimin was right in front of my face. He was in his black hoodie still smiling at me. I shrugged. No. NO! I must not waver at his cute eye smile. I looked up again and there he goes with that baby face. Urgh!

Snow: Let me tie up my hair. It would be a short moment.

Jimin: Umm… ok… sure… I will just wait outside.

I closed the door behind me and take a deep breath. This can’t be happening. Jimin living in this mansion. I must be crazy. Nevertheless, I quickly do up my hair to pony tail and grabbed my red baseball jacket. I opened the door, only to find Jimin leaning against the wall. I told him I am ready and we left for the dining room.

As we were about to go down the stairs, Jimin shouted over the balcony at the living room.

Jimin: Yoongi! It is time for dinner! We need to go now!

Yoongi? Suga? I looked over at the balcony and saw that the ‘someone’ who was watching the basketball game was Suga! What is he doing here? Oh no he looked up.

Suga: Ok. Give me a minute. Oh. Hi Snow! *bluntly*

Snow: Don’t tell me he lives here.

Jimin: Yup. He does lives here too.

I was speechless. Jimin grabbed my hand and we went down towards the dining room. The marble dining table was long and has 10 seats around it. He pulled out the chair for me and sat beside me. His hands were dancing happily on the table. Suga came in and took the seat opposite of Jimin.

Suga: Hey. I thought dinner is ready. Where is the food?

Jin: We are coming!

V: Excuse me, coming through!

Jin went out from the kitchen bring out a hot pot while V was following him behind with another dish. I couldn’t believe my eyes. Jin was making dinner this whole time?! V? He looks so happy setting up the table.

Uncle Amos came in, busy chatting with another familiar boy. Jungkook?! Gosh… I am feeling heated right now with all the boys around here.

Uncle Amos: What do we have here?

Jin: Tomato pasta, Fish and Chips with strawberry ice-cream.

Uncle Amos: Perfect!

Jungkook: Isn’t that what we had for recess?!

Jin: Yes but we still have leftovers. The hamburgers, bibimbap and ramen are completely gone. Too bad we can’t waste food.

V seated beside me and smile. Uncle Amos sat the main chair while Jungkook and Jin sat at the opposite of us. J-Hope was all changed into his comfortable clothing and sat beside Jimin.

J-Hope: Wah! Hahahaha! The food looks so delicious. I didn’t get to try them just now. Muahahaha!

Uncle Amos: One…two…three…seven? Where is Namjoon?

Everyone at the table looked at each other. Seems like nobody knows where he is at.

Suga: He said he needed to go somewhere else before we left school. I am not sure.

Uncle Amos: Well he better be back or else he will miss such wonderful dinner. *stern*

Rap Monster: I’m here.

He walked casually and took the seat in front of me. It was very awkward after what happened earlier.  I didn’t dare to look at him. There was still a tense atmosphere between us.

Uncle Amos: Alright then! Everyone is here! First of all, let us welcome my niece, Snow, to the Swallowtail Papillon Town. She was from the bright town of Lemonade Flower. From now on, she will be living with us here in the Papillon Residence.

Everyone start to applaud. I was so shy that I just give a little smile.

Uncle Amos: Make sure all of you treat her well. I don’t want this girl to come crying to me.

Everyone just gave the guilty look at each other since we all know what had happened. Especially Namjoon who looked so sorry.

Uncle Amos: Well then… let’s eat. Thank you for the food!

Everyone: Thank you for the food!

We all ate Jin’s dishes greedily. The food were so delicious that makes your mouth so watery. He used the right amount salt and pepper in it. It was the perfect taste like in a high class restaurant. Jin could become a professional chef one day. What a shame I couldn't eat the other 3 dishes in school. We survived the course meal and wrap it up with desserts.

V: Snow, if you have any questions, you can ask anyone of us. We will be happy to help.

Snow: Well, I was wondering…are you all living here in this mansion? I thought it was just me and Uncle Amos.

Everyone gave a good laugh. I became lost and confused.

V: We are all living together. You think your uncle can live alone? No way! It would be all full of dirt and dust if he does that.

I caught Namjoon looking at me and both of us turned away. I wanted to ask more but Uncle Amos started to yawn.

Uncle Amos: Ok everyone! I am so tired after the long hours of driving. We will clean this whole place up and then off to bed.

Everyone: Yes sir!

I stood up and carried my plate but Jin stopped me.

Jin: Let me do this for you. You don’t need to help up with the cleaning. It is your 1st day so I suggest you go rest up. You can help us whenever you are ready. 

I wanted to argue back but I started to get sleepy myself. Jin is right. I need to rest now. The boys greeted me good night and I went straight to my room. I lay on my bed and slowly my eyes started to close as I hear the rain drizzling outside like a lullaby.