Chapter 40: My 1st Love Part 5.1

BTS FANFIC: Run With Me

Chapter 40: My 1st Love Part 5.1

The Lucy Diner opens 24 hours and it is the best typical hangout for all. Lucy’s pickled cheese burgers are the best and is highly recommended by the town. Milkshakes are a must to try as there are different kinds of flavours. Recently, the diner came out with the ‘Make-Your-Own-Milkshake’ menu where customers can mix their chosen ingredients. Whether it may make you sick or not, the diner is not responsible. The Diner is apparently, the only fast food restaurant in town. There were rumours that this diner is just replica of the original. The owner was rumoured to have done many illegal business in the black market. In fact, he or she was never seen by the town people and neither the employees know who they were working for. These dark secrets were just put to one side to prevent another crime in town. For now, let it be a happy place for everyone.

 

?: Alright boys. One ‘Strawberry Choco chip’ with a whip cream and sprinkles. The other order is just a mango milkshake.

 

Mike: Thanks, Henry. Here is a tip.

 

Suga: Cool Henry, didn’t know you are working part-time even though you have a scholarship from the academy.

 

Henry: I am going to cut ties from the bond. Fermata Boarding Academy is not my cup of tea anymore.

 

Suga: What? But you are very artistic and could be recognised anywhere.

 

Henry: You could say that but I am not a genius like you. I heard about your performance for The International Starlight Academy Gala. It is my dream to be there too but it is not for everyone though. I wish I could stay and chat. Sorry guys, I should keep working now. Good luck Yoongi!

 

Suga: Oh… Thanks.

 

Henry: Enjoy your milkshakes!

 

The waiter walks off to take orders from the other customers. The remaining boys remain silent as they meddle with their milkshakes. It was a shocking evening when they caught each other in a place, the late Min Family music store. Who would ever have thought that someone would go and dragged the broken piano behind the storage room?

 

Mike: Look Yoongi…

 

Suga: What were you doing there, bro? How did you even. Sigh… I am tired.

 

Mike: I was trying repair your piano. The whole month, since the day where you...where you screwed up. You are not yourself anymore. You were a lost soul aimlessly doing things for the sake of it. I thought I had to do something. I asked you to join me in a group study in hopes that will give some boost to you but you rejected. Things got a lot worse with Miss Ivy hanging you around after the announcement of the Gala. What happened man?

 

Suga: I don't know how to explain to you.

 

Mike: Well, you don't have to. I can sense she is up to something ever since you told me about her ‘counselling’. That woman is mad. I am sure it is the school that is behind all these.

 

Suga: This whole town is screwed anyway.

 

Mike: Why are you even letting the woman taking your soul? I don't think you need counselling. I was looking out for you man. You were drained after each session.

 

Suga: Why do you even care, Mike? You should look after yourself. You deserved so much more than being in this town. You should have taken the opportunity to transfer. Why are you even doing things for me like repairing the piano? Why?

 

Mike: Because… I owe you a lot… especially with your parents. Ever since my father disappeared, I had to receive all the burden from him.

 

Suga: What are you even talking about? What does your father have to do with me?

 

Mike: Sigh… oh Yoongi. My father is your former music teacher.

 

It left the milky skin boy speechless. His teacher is his best friend’s father. What Min Yoongi knows about Mike is that he belongs to a happy family. Everything in his life was just perfect. He is the popular guy in school with the best basketball skills. The girls from the other public schools will go crazy every time he greeted them. Mike has the looks, the body and the talent. What more can you ask for? That’s the moment when Yoongi realised that he didn’t knew Mike as much in the inside.

 

Mike: He is my adoptive father. That part is a long story. I thought you knew about my father when he first taught you. It is strange you did not. I came to realise when you talk bad about him in front of me after many piano rehearsals. You were not considerate though. Perhaps you were affected because of your parents’ death. I will forgive you on that.

 

Suga: F***. Sorry bro, I never have a thought about it. I didn’t know.

 

Mike: *Drinks a sip of the milkshake* Just to give some background story. My father and your parents belong to the same high school band. That’s why they were so delighted that my father was going to be your piano coach. To be honest, I was jealous when he spends most of his time with you. I can never be a professional like him musician. I am just a typical high school jock. When can I do as his son to make him proud.

 

Mike: I must apologise to you instead because I acted as a spy for my father. I had to become best friends with you because my father wants to know about your family. But somehow, we connected like brothers through basketball. I swear we are meant to look out for each other.

 

Suga: I am disappointed man. A spy? Is that why your father, MY TEACHER, was so hard on me? So, that he can ruin my life?

 

Mike: Hold up, you are getting confused. After his disappearance, I found out from some source that he loved your mother. Your parents and my father were the best trio. My father is the pianist of the band. Your mother was charismatic as the band leader. Your father, well, he is just the percussionist from the back of the whole band. I found a letter that my father wanted to confess to your mother before he went off to audition for The International Starlight Academy. But I think he might find out about your parents’ big secret. So far that’s all I know.

 

Suga: I don’t know what to say. My life is so complicated. I am at loss. Wait. Does these all link to my parents’ death and the music store? Is your father responsible?

 

Mike: That my friend, I have no idea. It is still a mystery. I have a hunch that it has something to do with the dark secrets of the town. The attack on your family and my father’s disappearance could be part of it. My guess they must have found something that they shouldn’t.

 

Suga: So, that’s why you decided to remain. Your duty is to protect me. Your father pushed me to my limits because he wants to send me away from this place. He knows something too. But damn, I pushed him away instead. It is my fault. I am so stupid.

 

Mike: happens, Yoongi. I have a feeling the school is also running some bad business here. I don’t who we are against but we need to keep our guard. Especially you. You’ve got to be careful now that the whole town is looking at you. Some people here wants to bring you down so bad and not let you leave. I need you to go to The International Starlight Academy. So, that you can be safe.

 

Suga: How about you? Are you not going to escape this place? Practically, the both of us are in danger.

 

Mike: I would like to but I’m staying here to dig more secrets. I need to gather good people and plan our attack. My family is going to need me here too. You must promise me that you must get out of here. Face yourself. This is not the end of the world.

****************************************************************************************************

It is day of the Gala performance at The International Starlight Academy. For some apparent reason, Yoongi had to be escorted by Miss Ivy to the venue of the performance. So, the milky skin boy got himself all prep and sat in the snake-like lady’s car as they head off to the venue for rehearsals. It was an awkward atmosphere between the two of them. It was too hard to breathe in the car. There was a reason for that.

 

Miss Ivy: You have been skipping my session.

 

The boy chooses remain silent.

 

Miss Ivy: I am disappointed despite the help I could give you.

 

Yoongi doesn’t want to say anything because he knows he is at fault. Ever since the day at Lucy’s with Mike, he decided to do things his way. After all, he has been always this kind of person even when his former teacher taught him. He ditched her not because he didn't trust her enough but he felt the session is not helping him. He may be wrong on this. He rather risks it.

 

Miss Ivy: My house is nearby the performance venue. After rehearsals, you could rest there for an afternoon tea. Then, we are set for tonight's performance.

 

The boy remains silent. The only thing he could do for her is just follow the schedule so that things will be perfect for the school’s reputation. Despite the eyes that were on him, the rehearsals went smoothly. He put his effort into the rehearsal to show the other performers that he is still on the roll as a musician. Even though he received an applause, there were whispers that say otherwise.

 

I heard that he was the town’s piano prodigy.

That's him alright.

I expected to be better than that.

You called that genius? More like he just one of us.

I doubt The International Starlight Academy will accept him. Who is his mentor?

I don't recognise the alumni.

Well, it is just a rehearsal. Who knows what he is capable on the actual performance?

I don't think so. He seems to do it for fun.

 

Yoongi thought he did a great job. It was already at his best. How can he even show more than what he had rehearsed?

 

Miss Ivy: Let's go to my house. We can rest and review on your performance there.

 

Maybe he should have attended Miss Ivy’s sessions. She could have led him to somewhere. He could sense that his pride is hurt. He just kept silent as usual.

******************************************************************************************************

Miss Ivy house was just a little cottage, an hour drive from the venue. It was in a strangely quiet neighbourhood. Not a sight of any human being is around. The cottage was surrounded by different kinds of fauna. The front porch was simple and plain.

 

When they got inside the house, the milky white boy was amazed by the interior. It has big windows where you could let the sunshine in. The fireplace gave a warmth welcome with its’ orange flames. The aroma was so calming with the lavender incenses lighted. There is a mini open concept kitchen near the small dining area. It is ideal for an individual to live in this house. It was small but cosy.

 

Miss Ivy: Please make yourself at home while I make some tea.

 

Yoongi never know what it feels like to be in an actual home. He can't remember how was his home like with his parents. He imagines that cosy feeling and in the embrace of his family. At this age, he would probably sleep a lot on the soft couches while his mother prepares dinner. His father would read the newspaper nearby. He could imagine having Mike in his house and they could be watching a basketball game.

 

Miss Ivy: It is nothing much. But I have camomile tea and a slice of chocolate raspberry cake.

 

Suga: Thank you.

 

He ate almost half of the slice. The taste of sweetness burst in his mouth. He let the chocolate melt in his mouth as he indulges in his tea. Miss Ivy is not bad at all. She nice as a person.

 

Miss Ivy: I can see that you are enjoying my hospitality. Now let's talk about the Gala Performance. You owe me a lot.

 

Suga: Huh?

 

Miss Ivy: I never have a client who is as challenging as you. Seeing your rehearsals just now, you need a tougher therapy.

 

What is she talking about? Yoongi was in a sudden little daze. He could see the corner of that she gave a little smile. She expected it to happen. Miss Ivy stood up from her seat. She grabbed his wrist and brought him upstairs. She led into a bedroom.

 

He couldn't think anything else as his body becomes weaker and weaker. He felt a sudden push on his chest as he landed on the soft mattress. He blinked a couple of times to see better as to what is going on.

 

Miss Ivy: Let set the mood by turning on some soothing music.

 

Yoongi recognised the familiar melody. It was Canon D by Pachelbel. A heavy weight was suddenly on him.

 

Miss Ivy: Do you remember this song when your mother was trying to put you to sleep.

 

Suga: What are you doing? Why are you on top of me? I can't get up.

 

Miss Ivy: *gave an evil smile* You must know something about your parents. They took something that belongs to the Scheinwelt clan. Tell me, where is it?!

 

Suga: I don't know anything! Get off me you, witch. What the hell is the Scheinwelt clan?

 

*struggles to push Miss Ivy off him*

 

Miss Ivy: You are too weak. I added a drug in your camomile tea which double doses your muscles to relax. Now you can't stop me from hurting you.

 

Suga: What about the Gala?

 

Miss Ivy: Who cares about the Gala?! You are already at lost. There is no way for you even to transfer to that school. You must be perished. Just like your parents!!!

 

Suga: It was you!

 

Miss Ivy: It was the clan and I was assigned to destroy you! You better tell me where they kept the chip. We destroy your precious store for nothing. How lucky that you were at piano rehearsals with your music teacher. Somehow he knows where is it. Too bad you have no idea where he went either.

 

Suga: Please let me go. I will do anything.

 

Miss Ivy: Of course, you will. A deal is a deal. If my therapy sessions don’t release your demons, perhaps this will.

 

The snake-like lady slowly stripped his clothes off, leaving him . The boy started to panic. Sweats trickled down as he tried to move his paralysed body. No one in the neighbourhood will hear him. They were in the middle of a strange quiet place.

 

Miss Ivy: Yoongi… Come here my boy… It is ok. Just relax your body. Close your eyes. Take a deep breath… Breathe in… 1. 2. 3. And breathe out…That’s right. It will hurt a bit.

 

She s her clothing and slowly crawl across Yoongi’s body. Whatever happens, it his own fault. He should have let out his dark self. It could have given an answer about his parents related to the clan, which he might not remember. He shut his eyes as he mentally prepares for the worse.