Chapter 44: The Stigma of a Perfect Flower Part 3

BTS FANFIC: Run With Me

Chapter 44: The Stigma of a Perfect Flower Part 3

 

V (Taehyung)

 

I never asked for my life to be a living hell. We ran away, leaving everything at home. I knew this would happen to us one day but we escaped. It was disappointing that the man, I used to look up to, became an unrecognisable being.

 

When I was the only child, my parents struggled to have a stable life for the three of us. Both were working and I got sent to a childcare centre for the day. Sometimes when one of my parents got out of work early, they would have fetched and brought me to places like shopping in big malls, reading in libraries and even singing to nursery rhymes in the car.

 

We got what we needed to raise a beautiful family. That is love. We took care of each other and even though I may be a stubborn kid at times, my parents will find the time to make life enjoyable. We were an average family. Nothing more. Nothing less.

 

In life, there are many gap points that will change the fate of many people. These gap points will bring either us good or bad things. In rare cases, it brings both. My family fall into the rare category of joy and horror. It was a turn of events when my father helped an old lady, who got lost, to her home. Fortunately, she was a neighbourhood psychic. The old lady was grateful that she rewarded him with a blessing that his future will be a smooth journey.

 

?: Thank you, my child for helping me back to my place. Come and sit in front of me. Tell me what you want to know and I will gladly answer them.

 

Mr Kim: Erm… I want to know if there will a better future in my life. I am tired of the same old life pattern again. I am not going anywhere here.

 

?: Give me your hand. *Mr Kim held out his hand* Hmm… Don’t you worry about the future. You will have brighter one indeed. You will be successful because of your hard work over the years

 

Mr Kim: Really?! My life will change! Thank goodness!

 

?: However, the light will turn into darkness if you don’t open your mind to the world.

 

Mr Kim: But my life will definitely be successful. I better tell my wife about this. Thank you…

 

Soomin: Madam Soomin Park.

 

Now that I think about it, his future was going so smoothly like it was almost perfect. My father had a sudden promotion in his company that he was paid a huge sum amount as his salary. From a member of the human resource team to the secretary of the business group for the government. It was a miracle. Everything was provided by the company. A new house, a lifetime supply of food, a branded car and so on. I doubted this privilege because what kind of person deserve such luxury.

 

Having these benefits is a dream come true but it changes a person. My father became greedy for recognition. He wants to climb up the ranks further. All he had to do was to build his network with the very important people. These, however, includes the rest of the family. There events that we had to attend to present the important people that we are the real ‘deal’.

 

I always wanted to mingle with the other children but my father told me to stay away because it will ‘destroy’ his reputation. So, I always must stand by my mother’s side while looking at the children playing together. I know that you might say “Taehyung, go play with the kids while your father is not looking. Children your age are supposed to play.” I wish I could do that. In fact, I did that once while my father was too deep in the conversation. The happiness lasted a while.

*****************************************************************************************************

 

‘Important’ Person: Your son is so well-behaved. You raised him well. My children never listen to me. I am impress. He will grow up to be a good man like you, Mr Kim.

 

Mr Kim: Thank you very much. It is due to our efforts.

 

*Looking at Mrs Kim gently but she gave an uncertain smile*

 

Mr Park: I don’t know about that. I think your son deserve to play with the kids here instead of sitting at the table quietly. I am sure he wants to interact with them.

 

Mr Kim: It will be a bad influence.

 

Mr Park: They are just children.

 

Mr Kim: Children of colour, that is. I don't want any mix family in my future generation. I want perfect family.

 

Mr Park: Aren’t you being too racist? This is globalisation we are talking about. I have travelled to many countries and they aren’t what the media has showed us.

 

Mr Kim: Maybe you are just being jealous for not climbing up the ranks. You are too busy going on vacation and not making any money.

 

I was so fed up with the conversation that I excuse myself to walk around for a moment. Perhaps I should get some pastries. They looked so delicious. I should get some for my mother until a boy came up to me suddenly.

 

?: Hi. You are alone.

 

V:

 

?: My father is talking to your father. I think we can be good friends. My name is Jimin. What's yours?

 

V: Taehyung.

 

Jimin: Nice to meet you, Taehyung. Do you want to play with me?

 

V: I can't. My father doesn't allow me to play with other kids. He wants me to be a good boy.

 

Jimin: Huh? Is it because they look different? They are nice, you know. I don’t know what they are talking about but I just play with them because it is interesting.

 

V: Really?

 

Jimin: Yes, really. Which year are you born in?

 

V: 1995.

 

Jimin: 1995?! Hey! Me too! Shall we go play? Come on! It will be fun!

 

As I was about to reach out to the boy’s hand. A smack came through between us.

 

Mr Kim: Taehyung! You shall not play with this child. He belongs to such horrible father.

 

Jimin: No! My father is a kind man.

 

Mr Park: Jimin, it is ok. Sometimes there are some things that are not worth the fight.

 

Jimin:

 

Mr Kim: Let’s go home now.

 

We left the party in an instant. I felt sorry for the boy and his father. As much as I am this close to playing with him, my father had to ruin the chance I got. I have no idea what my father did with the boy’s father but I know it is something unpleasant that he had to break the peace at home.

 

 

*Glass crashing on the floor*

 

Mr Kim: What is wrong with that man?! He thinks I don’t know anything.

 

*Drink another gulp of alcohol*

 

Mrs Kim: Honey, you should stop drinking. You have too much.

 

Mr Kim: Too much is never enough! *smack Mrs Kim down*

 

V: Eomma. *come to his mother*

 

Mr Kim: It is your fault, son! How could you ever be friends with that idiot’s son?! From now on, you better be the perfect boy that everyone will talk about so that your life will be so much easier. Understand?!

 

*Mr Kim stares down at Taehyung*

 

V: Yes… Appa. *Looks down*

 

Mr Kim: Good boy. Now excuse me, I will take over your mother for the night. *Grabs Mrs Kim’s arm* We got some ‘private’ things to do.

 

*Drags her all the way to their bedroom*

 

***********************************************************************************************

In a room, full of darkness, there will always be a shining light. In my room of darkness, I have two stars instead of one. A few months later, my mother was pregnant with twins. It wasn’t an easy one as she had lost her stamina and tend to throw up a lot. Different kind of food had to be bought regularly because of her cravings. My father did not care because he thinks it is normal. So, I had to the errands in the house. My mother was fed up with my father that she decided to ran away from home. I was shocked when I came back from school. In the end, my father found out where she has gone. It was my 1st encounter with the psychic.

 

Mr Kim: Madam Soomin. It’s me Mr Kim. Can I have my wife back?

 

Soomin: Hello dear. It has been a long time. Don’t worry. I found her at the street crying. She is resting now after I fed her. Who is this little gentleman!

 

Mr Kim: This is my son.

 

V: Hello. My name is Kim Taehyung.

 

Soomin: Hello. You remind me of my grandson. Please come in.

 

Mr Kim: It is unlikely that we will meet again. Like this…

 

Soomin: It is ok. Marriages are like a multiple mystery. Crime after crime. You look different, Mr Kim. You look like my son in the rich business world.

 

Mr Kim: Well. Your prediction work like miracles!

 

Soomin: As well as “the light will turn into darkness if you don’t open your mind to the world”.

 

*Mr Kim remain silent*

 

Soomin: Come let me read your future again. Give me your hands.

 

*Held out his hand to her*

 

Soomin: Perfection will bring out the imperfections of a person. There will be two worlds of the light and the dark. The joy and horror. The worlds will put the universe in chaos. One will be stronger than the other. Both will either work together or destroy each other to bring peace. In the end, one will thrive.

 

Mr Kim: I don't understand. What does it have to do with me?

 

Soomin: This refers to your family in general. You are the ideal family for the society. Both peace and chaos. The ideal perfect family. Each member play a part.

 

I got goose bumps when the old lady talks about the future. It seems so dark. Peace and chaos? I just want to go home now.

 

Mr Kim: Are you moving somewhere? *points out the boxes at the side of the room*

 

Soomin: Yes. My son is taking me in since I can't take care of myself anymore. I am looking forward to it. I will be playing with my grandson and expecting another grandchild soon. *took out a photo*

 

Soomin: This is him. *shows photo*

 

My jaw dropped when I recognised the boy in the picture.

 

V: Park Jimin.

 

Soomin: Both of you finally met?! That's incredible. I foresee, a few days ago, that in the future you will working together in an important quest. This will decide the fate of the universe.

 

Mr Kim: No way. My son will not work together with that idiot’s son. I am sorry but I am here for my wife. Let me grab her and we are leaving this instant. *leaves to fetch Mrs Kim and there is a scream*

 

The old lady turned to me as she has something to tell me.

 

Soomin: The prediction that I said about the two worlds. I may be wrong on this but they may refer to your future siblings. A danger may happen to them and I forgot to mention something. A guardian must protect the two worlds or else it will be haunted by the lady in white.

 

Mr Kim: Taehyung! Grab your mother’s shoes now! *carries his wife out of the door*

 

V: It is a pleasure to meet you. I am sorry for everything.

 

*The Kim Family left for their home*

****************************************************************************************************

 

A guardian must protect the two worlds or else it will be haunted by the lady in white.

 

Ever since that day when my father did something bad to my siblings and we left them at the house, I had strange dream of a female crying at the corner. She was wearing a white dress. She kept calling my name. I felt was sadness and longing in the dream. It was too much to handle that I woke up immediately.

 

I saw my mother crying as she lies down on the floor. I went towards her and hugged her. We shouldn’t have left everything including my siblings, whom were lying motionlessly. We moved into a poorer district and in a small apartment. My father already withdraws all the money in the bank and he drinks himself to sleep, in hopes we will never be found. We are wanted criminals.

 

My father made me run errands for him. I was so mad at him that I just took the money from his hand and slammed the door behind me. I don’t care if anyone found out about us. I rather we get caught. I put my hood up to hide myself from being recognised. It is useless any way. The poor district has no time think about other except for providing for themselves. I rather be just like one of them than a perfect son. I had too much anger and thoughts in my head that I accidentally bumped into a passer-by.

 

V: I am sorry.

 

I am not sure if this is a mistake but it could be a miracle. All this while I have been wanting to do something bad for once in my life. I never knew the bad things will spread like wildfire. It was that day I bumped into someone that I never thought of. He brought out the inner evil out of me.

 

?: It is ok. Hey. Are you new here? I never seen you before?

I didn’t want to let my guard down just because I was some rich kid so I told a little lie.

 

V: Yeah. You can say that. I am a dropout here.

 

?: Interesting. By the way, we have a community where all the neighbourhood kids gather. They are just like you and me. Join us tonight.

 

V: Umm… I can’t. Do I have to pay? I don’t have any money.

 

?: You don’t have to. We are all poor anyway

 

V: Really? Wow. Gosh. Then sure.

 

*********************************************************************************************

 

Snow: Stop!

 

V: I am not done yet.

 

Snow: Who is that guy who invited you? And what does the community called?

 

V: I can’t tell you. You will be mad at me and everyone in the house.

 

Snow: I don’t care. I need to know.

 

V: Promise you won’t get mad. It is a secret that we have been hiding from you.

 

Snow: Try me.

*******************************************************************************************

< V’s past>

 

?: Great! I will see you. What’s your name?

 

V: Kim Taehyung.

 

?: Kim eh? Same as me.

 

V: Cool.

 

?: Call me hyung since I think I am older.

 

V: Oh. Nice to meet you hyung.

 

?: I will see you tonight. We are called the Scheinewelt Clan. Hope you will officially join us. It would be fun and my name is Kim Namjoon.

 

Note: I feel sorry about the previous chapter. It wasn't enough because I wanted to quickly update this sorry. So I decided to make up for it with a longer and detailed chapter of Taehyung's story. When writing this, I felt that 1st person point of view was much better to express the story. To be honest, I had a hard time writing Taehyung's story because I wanted to touch on sensitive topicsince the previous one was about alcohol abuse and child abuse. I know some of your comments were blocked and under review in the previous chapter because of the ending. I didn't want it to happen because of the ending. I am trying to figure a way to prevent the bloking of comments. Any idea how? I am keen to know your feedback.

For those who might have forgotten, Madam Soomin is actually Jimin's granny. You can read back to Jimin's background story 'CAUGHT IN A LIE PART 1,2,3,4' . I feel she plays an important part in this book. She is a kind lady as well as a psychic. She holds the hints on BTS past and future. 

As for the upcoming chapter, it may take a longer time to update as this story is opening up its secrets. I am doing my best by reseraching and also reading some amazing books which can inspire me to reveal the secrets smoothly. I pray that it will be a successful book despite my horrible grammar and vocabulary mistakes.

Lastly, I want to ask you on Racism. In this chapter, Mr Kim and Mr Park had a huge quarrel over children of colour. We are in a world of globalisation where people from different countries will come together and communicate, work and play. Like you and me, we grew up in different background and country. The country that I am living still experience racism and stereotypes especially in media humor. Many media such as TV shows, movies or theatre uses stereotypical jokes on races. It may seem funny but it could be insulting too. However, I believe it can be stopped but in a long term. It is controversial topic but I would like to hear from you. What do you think about Racism and Stereotypes? Do you have it in your country?  

 

And also, to all muslims fasting around the world... Ramadhan Kareem.