Chapter 29: CAUGHT IN A LIE Part 2

BTS FANFIC: Run With Me

Bully: Hey Shortie! Come here!

I nervously walked up towards the big guy. What is it now? It has been a few days since I was caught by the whole gang, just because I accidentally bumped onto their leader. That little bumped that leads to a good beating. That bully is one sensitive boy. If this was society, I might be falsely accused and being punished for no reason.

Bully: Give me your homework!

Jimin: What?

Bully: I SAID YOUR HOMEWORK! Are you DEAF?!

Jimin: *Rummaged his bag* Here you go! *shaking the book*

Bully: *snatched the book* HEY EVERYONE! LET’S COPY THIS!

Jimin: Hey! That’s not right! Give me back!

Bully: It is called ‘Inspiration’. Are you dumb?!

I tried to get my homework but the bully’s arm was too long for me to reach it. They laughed at me for being short. One of them pushed me away as I tried to ran for my homework. I fell hard on the floor. They took snapshots of the pages and ended by throwing the homework at my head. I felt hopeless as the papers flew everywhere and landed on the puddle of water.

However, this was not the only punishment I got from being the victim. There was one time I refused to give away my homework and the bunch of them just grabbed me by the collar. They threw me into the store room and locked me up. I was found by the janitor in the evening. My locker had been vandalised with profanity. I had to clear the trash that was in it too. My items also went missing and they either be found or lost forever.

The worst punishment that I ever received was when they pull me to an empty alley and forced me to smoke. I shut my mouth as hard as possible but they pushed the cigarette through my lips. It was so hot that I spat it out. The bitter and ashy taste were still at the tip of my tongue. I coughed it out and my eyes became watery. The bullies called me a coward after that and left me.

 

 

Jimin: I am home…

Areum: Oppa! Look at my new bear.

Jimin: Wah… She looks just like you.

Areum: Really Oppa? Her name is Apple. *looks at the bear* Apple, this is my Oppa. He is a very kind and caring Oppa.

Jimin: Nice to meet you, Apple. *holds Apple’s paw*

Granny: Oh look! My grandson is here! Jimin come over to the living room. There is someone I want you to meet.

Jimin: Be careful Granny! Don’t be too excited or else you will fall.

Granny: I should be because coincidentally I met someone special. Here she is!

 

 

Granny: Jimin, this is Jung Hana, a student of mine that I taught in our local dance academy long time ago.

A skinny lady in a green flowery dress and white cardigan was sitting upright on the couch with a cup of tea in her hand. She had smooth orange hair that covered her shoulder. She gave a motherly smile as she put down the cup the table to greet me.

Hana: Hello. Nice to meet. I remember you. You used to be a very small kid when you followed your grandma to the dance academy. It was cute when you also danced with us.

Jimin: Sorry I don’t remember. But nice to meet you.

Granny: Hahaha! It was a miracle that I found her while I was shopping with your mother. It took me some time to recall back this sweet girl.

Hana: It is ok. I heard that you are joining the dance competition. Your grandma told me how much passion you have for dancing.

Jimin: Yes. It will be in a few weeks’ time.

Granny: I invited you here because my grandson needs some training. I thought it would be better if you are the one. What do you think Hana?

Hana: I … well this is sudden.

Granny: Please do! I promise you that our Chim here will do us proud.

Hana: *sigh* Alright then. Since you helped me a lot, I will see what I can do from here. I looked forward working with you. *holds out her hand*

Jimin: *accepts the handshake* I looked forward working with you too.

For the next few days, I started my training at Miss Hana’s house. She was really particular about my dance movements and she makes sure that I can feel the flow of the music. The 1st session with her was really nerve-wrecking as she assesses my dance. She told I wasn’t even ready despite the how much I practiced alone. However, she changed the choreography to suit me. She even complimented me on my choice of music. I improved day by day and Miss Hana smiling in approval of my hard work.

 

🎜 Caught in a lie

i jiogeseo nal kkeonaejwo

i gotongeseo heeonal su eobseo

beolbanneun nareul guhaejwo🎜

 

*turns off music*

Hana: That’s enough for this session, Jimin. You are ready for the dance competition.

Jimin: Really?

Hana: Yes *COUGH* *COUGH*

Jimin: Are you alright?

Chills went down my spine when I saw blood coughing out from . Miss Hana was looking as pale as ever. Why didn’t I realise how thin she has become? I put her face down so she won’t choke and rushed to the phone to call for the ambulance.

Thankfully the paramedics made it on time. They took over me and did some assessment before putting her on oxygen and into the ambulance itself. One of the paramedic asked me if I am ever related to her. I only answered that I am her student. Suddenly a boy came running towards me.

??: Is my mother in there?

I nodded immediately and the boy got into the ambulance telling the paramedic that he is related to Miss Hana or perhaps Madam Hana. I never knew she has a son. I never seen him before until today. I have to leave this family business aside. For now, I had to focus on the competition. Granny was freaking out when I told her what had happened. She let out a big sigh and told me that everything was going to be alright. She would probably visit Miss Hana at the hospital soon.

Unfortunately, the bad things don’t stop there...especially on that one particular day.

 

Jimin: I am home!

There was silence.

Jimin: Hello! I am home. Anyone?

Why do I get this bad feeling? Areum should be running down the stairs with her usual greetings. I looked around the kitchen. Mommy is not there. I head over to the living room. Granny is not watching the television like she used to. I ran up to the bedrooms but still nobody. I called up Mommy, wondering if there is something had happened.

Mrs. Park: Hello.

Jimin: Mommy! Where are you?! Is Granny and Areum with you?

Mrs. Park: Granny is with me for her health check-up. Areum is supposed to be home with you.

Jimin: What do you mean?

Mrs. Park: WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY ‘What do you mean’? I thought I told you about picking Areum from her school this morning. Didn’t you agree?

I tried to recall what happened this morning. I remember having breakfast and seeing Areum singing happily because… I will be picking her up! ! I have been distracted by thinking on how to get away from the bullies during school hours. I looked at the clock hanging on the wall. It is late. I better get Areum home.

Mrs. Park: Jimin, I want you to get Areum now. I am almost done with Granny’s check-up. Both of you better be home before I arrived.

Both of us hung up our phones and I made a quick call to Miss Min.

Miss Min: Hello.

Jimin: Hi. I am Areum’s brother. I am sorry that I am late. I am going to fetch her now.

Miss Min: Oh. Actually, Areum is not with me. She left with her friends.

Jimin: What? She can’t go on her own like that. She doesn’t know the way home.

Miss Min: Oh my gosh! I am so sorry. I think she is at the neighbourhood playground with her friends. I will be making my way out now to find her.

Jimin: Please do! *hangs up phone*

It is all a mess! My head is filled with worries and my heart is beating nervously. What have I gone through to deserve this? My parents are going to kill me if I don’t get back to dinner with Areum. Or worse something might happen to my little sister!

Note: Heyloo! I was just thinking... Any readers here interested to feature your name in my other upcoming chapters? You will be a fictional character in this story so please don't be sensitive if I write something that might shocked you. Just leave your name at the comments/ I will do my best! ^.^ 

Thanks for reading too! Look forward to more chapters!