Chapter 38: My 1st Love Part 3

BTS FANFIC: Run With Me

Presenter: Up next, is what most of our audience have been waiting for. It is my pleasure to present to you, our youngest musician. The child prodigy from the age of 5. The human monotrome who can play one of the hardest music pieces without any mistake. A student from Fermata Boarding Academy. Give it up for Mr Min Yoongi!

 

*The audience in the theatre got up from their seats and clap to welcome Suga*

 

I walked towards the centre stage and gave my bow before heading to the black grand piano. The audience settled down immediately, waiting for my music to be heard. Usually, at the beginning, some musicians would have their music sheet in front of them while they have their own page turner by their side. However, for me, I don’t do page turner. I don’t do music sheet at my face. Because everything is already in my head. All I must do is to show it off.

 

The audience went to a complete silence as I sat on the bench. Slowly, I let my fingers rest on the keys. I inhaled one deep breath and closed my eyes. In an instant, I could only hear the music playing. My mind is filled with thoughts of light. The invisible musical notes surround my body and led me to the story of the composer.

 

‘Love’s Sorrow’...

Why the feeling of sorrow in the name of love?

What was he feeling when he composed this piece?

How did it happen?

Whom does he think about?

 

Hold on.

I can feel something hot.

Hotter than boiling water.

A burning smell…like… fire!

What's going on?!

There it was!

The same nightmare that has been going on and on.

 

*An abrupt stop on the piano*

 

I opened my eyes in shocked. My very first mistake in my entire career. I could hear a sudden gasp from the audience. . My reputation is on the verge of falling. Nevertheless, I kept calm and finish up the last bar of the music.

 

I still received the standing ovation from the crowd as if I hid my mistake very well. I gave a 90 degree bow and left the stage immediately. I headed over to the waiting room without giving anyone glances. They should already know that I am no longer the musician that they thought I would be. A sudden grab on my arm and it pulled me to the corridor of the hallway.

 

Teacher: Yoongi! What the hell happen?! You screwed up the last part of the piece. It was going so well.

 

Suga: I don't know. It just happens suddenly. Sorry Sir.

 

I kept my head down while in an apologetic state.

 

Teacher: Sorry? You can’t be serious. You just ruined your performance, the school’s reputation, your music career. Basically, your FUTURE!

 

I clenched my fist in frustration. I wish he could stop his nagging. Another point deducted from the school’s board. I should expect another canning soon.

 

Teacher: How are you going to gain from all these? A child prodigy? That’s has been going down the drain since you start losing out in rehearsals. What will your parents say about this? You know they have hopes on you. Why can’t you be the son that you are meant to be?

 

The nagging keeps on persisting. I can’t take it anymore. I know I made a mistake and there is nothing for me to undo. I have been such a fool for not practicing last night. It has all been done. The expectation from these people are too much for me to handle. My parents? Why did he even bring it up?

 

Teacher: You are crying, Yoongi. Only babies cries. You can’t cry over such things because it was your mistake in the first place. You should have been more responsible.

 

Suga: You know what?! Please stop saying that to me! I have already put up with your nagging. I ruined everything! So, what?! Cane me all you want! Deduct the points! I don’t care if I will be seeing the discipline board. No one will care about the child prodigy. How long will I withhold this title! I had enough of this f***ing responsibility!

 

The people in the hallway were looking at us.

 

Teacher: Stop! You are in public!

 

Suga: Let them all hear! This school is not as amazing as it seems! Let them hear!

 

Teacher: Yoongi!

 

Suga: I had it! Leave me alone!

 

I stormed out from the spot, leaving the murmurs to the crowd. I didn’t dare to look at the people that walked past. They seem very shocked to see my dark aura but I didn’t care at all. I just want to get away from here. So, I ran out of the concert venue to where ever my legs will take me.

***************************************************************************************************

 

Under the sunset sky, I ended up at the basketball court near my dormitory. I got no place to go. I don’t know where to go either. I am just super lost now. I just shoot hoops to get my mind off from what just happened. I scored some and missed some. My momentum is getting weaker as I don’t know where I will shoot. I got frustrated and threw the ball out of place.

 

?: Easy there, brother.

 

Suga: Mike? What are you doing here?

 

Mike: No. That’s my question. What are You doing here?

 

Suga: Sigh. I f*** up.

 

Mike: So, the rumors were true.

 

Suga: Huh?

 

Mike: Dude, it has been spread all over town and the whole school. I was at the diner with the boys when some cute and y musicians were gossiping about the legendary prodigy shouting at his teacher.

 

Suga: I couldn’t contain it anymore. He nags at me about how it will affect everything in my life. Especially when he talks about my parents.

 

Mike: Wow. That’s a bummer. Well, I heard that you covered up the mistake and ended the performance well.

 

Suga: I tried…*sigh* Mike, don’t you ever feel that what you want leads to many bad things? For example, you are in basketball and the star of the team, you have these group of people who try to pull you down for nothing. Like there is no one who doesn’t understand you. I don't know how to explain.

 

Mike: I know what you mean. The expectation is a lot and you wouldn’t want to let anyone down but the pressure is too much that you can’t take it anymore. You want to fight back but the kind of things tears you apart one by one. In the end, you make it a lot more worse and took the blame to yourself. Thus, you hated everyone in your life even those close to you for ruining everything.

 

Suga: yeah...You are right on… I blame myself for this. I hated it. I hate this life. F***!

 

Mike: To be honest, this happens to almost everyone in the world. You can wish for better things in life that others have but you never know that others wish they could be you.

 

Suga: What? Pathetic. They should pick a better life like yours. Not me.

 

Mike: No I am serious. I would not want anyone or even you to be in my life because mine is a lot worse than theirs. There is a reason why I never took the opportunity to go other better schools and decided to stay in this ty school.

 

Suga: Why? You are a superstar player! Why waste? That’s what I don’t understand.

 

Mike: I believe basketball is not what I want to do in my life. I love it, yes but to pursue it as career? That’s a risk. Not everyone can be a star player in the world. At the end of the day, people want to gain fame and fortune. For me, I want to live! Go to college or university, to travel, have a proper girlfriend, to learn new skills of life and get married. I might end up being a basketball coach instead.

 

Suga: Wow… That’s simple even though you have a lot of potential. I am surprise but disappointed because I hope that you will be a star player.

 

Mike: That’s true but I just want happiness. You may not understand but someday you will. However, I still believe in you about your piano. You deserve greater things and I believe your piano is your guidance. If you want a piece of my advice, I say do what you love and everything will go well.

 

Suga: Thanks, man for having my back. That means a lot to me.

 

Mike: Anytime for a brother. Even though we are not related.

 

Suga: Whatever.

******************************************************************************************************

The very next day, I came back to school but this time I hear whispers from the other students. They were talking about me with their eyes. I could tell even when they are not looking at me.

 

Did you hear about what happened yesterday?

The whole town was talking about him.

Child prodigy? Music genius? You’ve got to be kidding.

He made a mistake it was obvious in the performance.

We all pretended to give him a standing ovation so that he won’t feel bad about it.

Well, you shouldn’t. He doesn’t deserve it.

He still has the guts to come to school after what happened. What an ego?

Have you seen his academic records? He is worse. Why is he in the top 2 class?

If a prodigy like him, be last in class and score as bad as me, I should do the same, right?

 

Every part of the school that I go to, people just stare at me and talk. I don’t get it. What’s wrong with them? The teachers themselves they seem they got something up against me. I looked at the ranking board for my class and saw my name at the bottom. Damn, this is bad. I got one of the worse scores.

 

Week after week, I tried my best to get my academic on par. No matter how much effort I tried to put in, I can’t seem to understand the subjects. I am just learning for the sake of learning. My brain completely shuts down in the complicated questions given in the test.

 

My only escape from the horror is piano. Unfortunately, I was wrong about that. I still can't get over the mistake that people have been talking about even it has been done a month ago. Nobody looked up to me as the child prodigy or the music genius. It adds up to my poor academics and I can never prove them wrong.

*************************************************************

I am back in the music room where my piano awaits. My teacher, he never comes to teach. I asked for him at the office and nobody gave me answers. I don't know what happened but I think he is better without me. Sigh. Everyone did abandon me after all.

 

I played the keys without my heart in the music. The piano was very sad as I had given it a lifeless soul. I am sorry piano. This is what I am feeling now. I am nothing and so are you. I couldn't take this feeling anymore that I suddenly broke down.

 

Suga: No! You can't cry! You are not a baby! Stop it idiot!

 

?: Who says big boys don't cry? Even adults like cry in our sleep.

 

My blurry vision could not make out the mysterious figure. The sound of a pair of high heels walked towards me. I swiped my tears away to have a better eyesight. There she stands right before me. A beautiful maiden with raven hair and a y figure. A perfume smell of Jasmine that enchanted me. She gave a little smile as she placed her slander hands on my cheeks. Lifting my head, I was met with the emerald eyes of a python.

 

Suga: Miss Ivy? What are you doing here?

 

Miss Ivy: Skipping class huh? How can I let my poor student ran away? It is against the school rules.

 

I was stunned at the statement. I looked at the wall clock and true enough, I had skipped 2 periods of Science. Why have I not heard the school bell? Am I getting deaf? Urgh! What's wrong with me?! I foresee another point deducted.

 

Miss Ivy: Don't worry about that my dear. I promise I will not tell the school board. As the school counsellor, it is my duty to make sure our students are doing fine. However, my dear, you seem to be in trouble.

 

Suga: It is nothing Miss Ivy. You don't have to seek out for me. I can manage.

 

Miss Ivy: I don't think so. I have a long list about you from the school board and your previous piano teacher.

 

There was a moment of silence.

 

Miss Ivy: Your teacher had to leave the school because the board was disappointed on your previous performance. I believe his teaching was not good for you especially now it leads to where we are today. There is no hiding it, Yoongi. You need help. That’s my purpose here.

 

Help? Do I need it? Why is the school even bother about me? I hate to admit it but I do need help. I have been running into the darkness for a long time. I have become paranoid for that matter. Should I trust her? Well, she is a school staff but it seems so sudden that she appeared. I wondered what is the school board is up to? I scanned her and thank goodness she doesn’t have a cane up her sleeves.

 

Miss Ivy: It’s ok dear. My approach is very much the opposite. I don’t do nagging nor canning. I believe that the students should be treated with respect and be guided carefully. Sigh… If only this school, gives their students a chance.

 

Suga: Fine then. If I let you help me, will you reset my bad records?

 

Miss Ivy: You are one sneaky man. It is a deal then but you must obey to me.


We shook hands in agreement as I looked at Miss Ivy snake-like smile. Something tells me that I might regret this.