Chapter 32: Hey Mama

BTS FANFIC: Run With Me

Snow Black

It was a rainy day in the Summer of Swallowtail Papillon. We were not surprised since the sky is usually gloomy. The cold day made all of us wanting to sleep more. The Bulletproof Boyz and I were just being lazy in the living room. Yoongi as usual was sleeping on the couch. Namjoon was busy reading a book. Jin was happily eating his favourite snack. Jungkook was enjoying eating his yogurt while Jimin was begging him to have some. Taehyung and Hoseok were focused on playing their video games. As for me, I was just watching them play with my hand holding a warm cup of milk.

 

We couldn’t be bothered by anything until Uncle Amos just barges into the room.

 

Uncle Amos: Hey guys and girl! Look what came into the mail?

V: Mr Mayor, we are busy here. Yah Hoseok!

J-Hope: I am going to get you.

V: No! No! No! NO!!!!!

J-Hope: I WIN! HAHAHAHA! *Jumping up and down*

V: Aish! I am so close to beating your record.

Uncle Amos: Ok! Ok! Listen up! I got a mail for you, Hoseok. It’s from the D’Cirque.

 

That’s when everyone stopped what they were doing and looked up.

 

J-Hope: D’Cirque?

Jungkook: Omo! The D’Cirque! You were part of the team back then right?

Snow: What’s D’Cirque?

Jimin: Are you kidding me? They were the famous Circus theatre troupe in the world. Hoseok belongs to that family. I remember I was featured in of the acts with him.

Suga: Oh I remember! Jimin ripped his shirt like a beast in front of the audience.

Jimin: Umm… please don’t remind me. *embarrassed*

Uncle Amos: The mail is actually a video of your dance compilation.

J-Hope: Seriously? Wah… I didn’t expect them to send something all the way here.

Rap Monster: What are we waiting for? Let’s watch!

 

 

J-Hope

 

Why life can be so cruel to the innocence? A child loses his family in an ongoing war even though he carries a lot of dreams. A future mother suddenly had a miscarriage even though it will be her first born. An elderly who is in a critical disease even though she only asked for a peaceful life. Everyone has this hope that they have been holding on. However, that little hope doesn't spark as what they used to think.

 

We never asked for hardships but hardships asked for us. Is why people being afraid to try? They are afraid to put themselves in much deeper situation. A black hole. They are just digging their own grave. Or is the hardship, a portal in disguise to the successful world?

 

Too bad but it’s too sweet

It’s too sweet it’s too sweet

Too bad but it’s too sweet

It’s too sweet it’s too sweet

It’s too evil

It’s too evil

It’s too evil

Yeah it’s evil

 

??: *Clap Clap* Splendid Hoseok! Your dancing is a 10! I can already feel the emotions you are portraying. I am having goose bumps right now.

J-Hope: *blush* Thank you. Madam Soomin.

Granny: I can imagine my grandson and you dancing together. It will be a perfect dance piece! You should meet him. He is a wonderful boy just like you.

J-Hope: Sure *blush* I hope we can be good friends.

Hana: *smile* It is a pleasure for you to come over. I know it is small and not as beautiful as your daughter's house.

Granny: No, it is very cosy for an apartment. As long we push these furniture, I am sure you will have enough space to dance.

 

“Honk! Honk! Honk!”

 

Granny: Oh! Looks like my daughter is here. I better get going. Thank you so much for inviting me again.

Hana: Let me see out. Umm... Hoseok, if you don't mind.

J-Hope: Yes, Mama.

 

As Mama went down with Madam Soomin, I pushed back our furniture to where it belongs. It is only a few weeks since we moved to this town. I don’t know what Mama is thinking when we were packing our stuff and left the circus troupe. I miss them, D’Cirque, so much. Actually, we never said goodbye to each other. We just left.

 

Mama is busy looking for work while I was getting home schooled. I spend my time at home and barely went out. Sometimes I would follow Mama to do grocery shopping.  When we reached home, she would make her délicieux Tartiflette.

 

Mama was a ballet dancer in D’ Cirque. She is not just any ballet dancer. Her stage name was the Black Swan. Whenever she performs, she was graceful but her movements were sharp. She is not the Mama that I usually know when she performs. It was as if she was possessed by the music. At the end, she always gets a standing ovation from the crowd.

 

Before D’ Cirque, Mama’s mother (my nana) never supported her in dancing. She wanted her daughter to be a lawyer. So Mama actually ran away but soon she was found by the police. She received a bad punishment. Mama was secretly forced to marry my father (who is lawyer) by my nana. To be honest, I never met my father. From what I heard, when Mama was pregnant with me, she ran away from my father and led him to killing himself in a car accident. Mama had nowhere to go.

 

That’s when Madam Soomin decides to take her in. She took care of Mama for 2 years. When I was finally born, Mama wanted to do dancing again. Madam Soomin trained her to be a good mother and dancer. Mama worked hard and she finally blossom into a beautiful swan. All Mama needs to do was to take care of me and get a job. Fortunately, Madam Soomin had a friends who was the headmaster of the D’ Cirque - Headmaster Alicia.

 

That’s how I was raised. I grew up in a family of the circus troupe. They are fun people and what I love most about them is their passion to challenge themselves to put on the best show. I am always on tour with them. As I said before, Mama is the Black Swan in the D’ Cirque. She was really beautiful with the spotlight on her. I love watching her and I aspire to be like her. One day, when the D’ Cirque got day off, I followed Mama to the amusement park in Paris and we play together. I saw her brightest smile! We ate cotton candy and rode the Ferris-wheel. That’s when I told Mama I wanted to be a dancer.

 

She was a bit hesitant at first but seeing my innocent eyes, she decides to train me to be one. Hopefully, I will be able to stand on the circus stage. However, those good moments never lasted when darkness fell upon D’ Cirque.