Chapter 24: The Awakening

BTS FANFIC: Run With Me

Jin

Never in my life I have been so worried about someone. It drives me crazy since I told her to stay home. It won’t be long since the only things that I do for the summer festival is to make sure that all the logistics have been settled. The school’s summer festival is important as we need new students to be enrolled in Crow Tit High School.

Just when I arrived home after lunch time, she was gone. I even bought her favourite chocolate pie so that we can watch an online movie together. Taehyung and Yoongi searched for her every corner of the mansion. I tried calling her phone but it was switched off. Where the hell that girl could have gone? Could she at least text one of us?

It is almost dinner time and I am worried that she might not come home. Security in this town is not as good yet. The seven of us are waiting for her in the living room. I hope Mr Amos won’t come home on time to find out that we are not with Snow. We heard the main door knob turned. We all jumped out from our seats.

Uncle Amos: I bought Korean food!

Jin: Mr Amos, I could explain! Snow is…

Snow: I am home.

Jimin: Snow! You are ok! *Hugs*

Snow: Oh my! Sorry I didn’t let you know that I am out. I was so bored to death.

Suga: Where did you go?

Blake: She was at Sparrow Park with me.

The mansion turned cold and silent. We couldn’t believe our eyes. Blake Ritz is here at our house. Why?

Uncle Amos: Blake here will be joining us for dinner. I hope you all don’t mind.

Jin: Umm…Sure… Welcome to our house Blake.

Blake: Thanks! It is really huge compared to my place.

Jungkook: *bluntly* That’s what every guest says.

We lead him into the dining room while I and Namjoon are setting up the food.

Rap Monster: My guess, Snow must have invited him to dinner since he is living alone.

Jin: I agree. We have no choice though. He is still our guest.

J-Hope: I just wish dinner will end quickly *walks in to take the dishes to the table*

*****************************************************************

It was very awkward when we all settled at the dining room. No one was talking but our eyes were staring at Blake who was sitting next to Snow. It was an uncomfortable feeling that you wish you could get rid of. Jimin was trying to control his jealous facial expression while Taehyung’s fingers were dancing on the glass. Namjoon was keep himself quiet and Yoongi was giving out his cold stare. Hoseok looked at the clock every now and then hoping time will run faster while Jungkook was signalling to Mr Amos to start dinner.

Uncle Amos: Ahem… Alright! Let’s welcome our guest, Blake Ritz for joining our very special dinner. Cheers!

Everyone: Cheers! Thank you for the meal!

It was insincere toast. We all took the dishes to our plate and started eating. It was a very silent dinner that I ever had in the mansion.

Snow: Jimin, could you passed me the Kimchi please.

Jimin: Sure. Here you go…

Blake: Thank you! *took the kimchi from Jimin’s hand* Here is some kimchi for you. Just let me know if you need anything.

I could hear Jimin’s fist clenched. Uh oh. I hope he doesn’t burst out. I poured a glass of water for him to cool down.

Uncle Amos: So Blake, why did you come to Swallowtail Papillon?

Blake: I heard this town is new so I wanted to check out how great it is. So far I like it here. It is easy for new arrivals to get adjusted too.

Uncle Amos: I see. Do your parents let you live on your own? They should be worried that their teenage son is alone.

Blake: Not really. They don’t really care much about me. So far they didn’t check on me very much. So I guess they trust me to be independent.

Uncle Amos: I see. *Took a sip of water* Any hobbies or speciality?

J-Hope: I heard you are interested in stories like fairy tales.

Blake: Yeah I do. I love those dark stories. You know those fairy tales showed in movies are fake and for the sake of the weak. Those stories don’t have a happily ever after.

I was shocked at his remark. I am a fan of fairy tales too. I believe in those story to have a happy ending. Namjoon was right about him. He looked decent on the outside but terrible in the inside. Snow must have fallen into his spells.

Suga: For example?

Blake: For example, the little mermaid actually died because she couldn’t marry the prince. It was a spell that the witch of the sea had cursed her in exchange to being human. And also sleeping beauty was by a king who was already married. And guess what? She gave birth to twins.

We were all shocked at how passionate he talks about the dark fairy tales. I never see my fairy tales the same way anymore.  I was really annoyed and didn’t want to believe it.

J-Hope: But I am sure some fairy tales have their own happy ending.

Blake: Hmm… perhaps but it will be rare since the past is already bad. I am sure that’s where the authors get their inspiration from. By the way, I heard you and Jimin are really pretty good dancers.

Snow: You’re both dancers?

Jimin: Wait! How do you know that?

Blake: From somewhere… I can’t remember but I have seen both of you in a dance competition.

J-Hope: That was a long time ago before…

Blake: Before you were put into a mental hospital?

The room gets darker and darker. What does this guy know about us? How did he know Hoseok and Jimin were in a mental hospital? It was a secret in the past that the Bulletproof Boyz including Mr Amos, swear we would never tell anybody.

Jimin: Hey! Who give this information to you?! *stands up*

Snow: Jimin?

Blake: I told you. I don’t remember. I am stuffed right now. I better head back home. The security in this town is not established yet. *preparing to leave*

Jimin: Hold up! I am talking to you Blake! *went over to Blake and grabbed his collar*

Everyone stood up in chaos to prevent Jimin from hurting Blake. His anger is already at its peak.

Uncles Amos: Jimin! Let him go this instance or you will be grounded.

Jimin loosen his gripped and pushed Blake away. I saw Snow being shocked until her face was pale. She has yet to see Jimin’s ‘Hulk’ moments and now it was her very first time. Namjoon and I grabbed Blake outside while the rest stayed behind at the dining room.

We brought Blake all the way out of the gate and Namjoon pushed him against the wall. His anger was already rising.

Rap Monster: Listen here, Blake dude. I don’t care how much you know about us but what you did there was no good. I hate it when someone is messing my friends’ past.

Blake: Hahahaha! No good eh. What you all did was also no good? Don’t you remember what you did to me? I bet you all can’t remember. You know why? We are just like the prince and the seven dwarves. We are the same. Hahahaha!

Namjoon gave a big punch. Blake’s mouth was bleeding and his face had bruises.

Rap Monster: Get lost! And never come back especially to Snow!

Blake: Fine! Sooner or later, Snow will never come back to you. Bye ‘knights’!

Namjoon anger raised up again but I managed to grab hold of him.

Jin: Namjoon stopped! I don’t want you to be in trouble like last time.

Rap Monster: But Seokjin! He is planning something to get Snow away from us. I knew this is going to happen ever since he made her mad.

Jin: I understand. We have our limits now. There is nothing we can do to stop him. Right now, we have Jimin to handle.