Chapter 21: Life is A Mystery

BTS FANFIC: Run With Me

Snow Black

I was feeling much better the very next day. My ankle was not as bad and I was able to walk freely. Last night, Uncle Amos got home earlier and gave a laugh when J-Hope explain what happened to me.  

 

Uncle Amos: Hahahaha… You are just like my sister.  Lucky for you this injury doesn't seem so bad but it looks like someone had kicked you from the back.

Rap Monster: Oh it is not me! I was running in front of her.

Uncle Amos: Of course it is not you. You have long legs and I know all of you can run well.

Snow: Eh? I thought you are a slow runner, Namjoon. Why were you slower?

Rap Monster: Because…

Jimin: Because Namjoon has a crush on Snow!

Rap Monster: Shut up! You also have a crush on her! I am not the only one.

Uncle Amos: Everyone in this house has a crush on my niece. Am I correct?

 

Everyone went to an awkward silent.  Well that's one secret I know about them. Even for myself, I actually had a crush on each of them. I may seem greedy but I love them equally. To me, they are family. We are tied together like brothers and sister. So I don’t really mind that if anyone has feelings for me. I am more than thankful for being by their side.  

 

Uncle Amos: Anyway, I will leave the care to Jungkook since his room is nearby Snow’s. Jin will also assist.

V & Jimin: Can I join too?

Uncle Amos: Ok. How about all of you?! I don’t mind but please no trouble.

 

That night, Jin and Jungkook got permission to hold the spare key to my room while I was just resting.  I did my homework together with all 7 boys as we gathered in my room. It was a quiet night and less stressful as we help each other in our weak subjects. I woke up in the middle of night only to find them all sleeping in my room. They looked charming in their different sleeping position.

However, the thought of the Blake guy came to my mind. ‘They are not what you think’... Those words echoed. How can they not be the people who I thought to be? I am all confused and bumped. Is there something that I must know but shouldn’t?  I feel lost all a sudden.

 

“Riiiiing...”

 

My thoughts were disrupted by the school bell. It was time for the next class. I took out my books for literature class. I must have been thinking too much. This Blake guy must be lying. No way the Bulletproof Boyz were ever bad in the past. Just when I was about to close my locker.

 

Blake: Hey. Snow right? I need some help.

Snow: Urm… ok.

Blake: How do I get to this room? My teacher is Madam Liana.

Snow: That’s my class! You can follow me then.

Blake: Sure. By the way, I am sorry for what happened yesterday at the infirmary.

Snow: Ok. I still won’t forgive you.

Blake: Because of the kiss?

 

I got goose bumps all over me. My cheeks started to feel red. How upright he was to say that in front of me? I just kept walking to the classroom.

 

Blake: You don’t have to be mad. I am trying to break the ice.

Snow: Whatever.

Blake: You are cute when you are mad.

Rap Monster: Well even if she is, you don’t want to mess with her. Trust me. I had my own experience.

 

Thank goodness Namjoon was waiting for me outside the classroom. I heaved a sigh of relief. I just want to get out from that moment. I just can’t stand people trying to hit on me. I grumpily get into my seat, waiting for Madam Liana to start her class.

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Rap Monster

Seeing Snow pissed off got me feeling angry. I don’t like anyone messing with her. This boy seems to hit on her and his tactics aren’t good.

 

Blake: I am new here. So…

Rap Monster: I will lead you in.

 

I introduced this new guy to Madam Liana and luckily he was seated away from Snow. Apparently he was seated next to me. He seems to be alright. He was independent and listens to the class well. Why is Snow bothered by him?

 

Madam Liana: I am sure all of you have heard about the classic tale called ‘Snow White and The Seven Dwarves.’

Class: Yes!

 

The classic reminded me of Seokjin singing to many Disney songs since he likes princes and princess.

 

Madam Liana: The Brothers Grimm created this story. They had different versions. For example, the Evil Queen is supposedly Snow White’s mother and she is very jealous of her daughter’s beauty. Instead of a hunter, the original version was the queen herself brought Snow White deep into the forest and abandon her while picking up flowers.

Blake: Madam Liana, I would like to add on.

Madam Liana: Yes, Blake. Go ahead.

Blake: Snow White is actually younger than what Disney and other movies portrayed her to be. She is actually 14 years old!

 

Wow. This dude knows a lot. Is he another fairy tale fanatic just like Jin? A question lingers to my mind somehow. I raised my hand.

 

Rap Monster: Umm… Sorry to interrupt. I am just wondering. In the ‘Original’ version, the prince came out of nowhere. We never know the background story of the prince himself and the dwarves. Why only the queen and Snow White?  I mean the title is ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarves’ not ‘Snow White and The Evil Queen’.

Madam Liana: Hmmm… my students here are really good in their critical thinking. I am not sure how to answer it. My guess the authors wants to leave that to the reader’s imagination. From what I know, in other fairy tales, there are dark secrets.

Blake: Seems like some things are meant to be left unsaid. Not all story ends happy, Namjoon.

 

He turned to me while saying those sentences. It gives me the creeps as he ended them with a smirk. I am not sure why but this dude seems so familiar to me. I just can’t make out who is he. The statement he made are directed to me. He knows something about me. I got to be careful.

 

Madam Liana: Well said Blake! For today’s assignment, I am going to give each a passage of a fairy tale and I want all of you to write an analysis. It is similar to what we did today. That’s all for today.  You dismissed early!

 

Everyone in class cheered! It is our last class of the day. I looked at Snow (Coincidentally, having the same name) who is starting to pack her bags. She was unusually silent. She didn’t actively participate in class. That Blake dude must have really triggered her. I better head towards her before she burst out like last time. Bad memories! I saw the Blake dude starting to talk to Snow again.

 

Rap Monster: Excuse me. I think you should leave her alone. Maybe next time you can talk to her when she is feeling better.

Blake: Oh. Instead of a dwarf, we have a knight here. Hey! That could be an idea - ‘Snow Black and the Seven Knights’! The story is still ongoing but I am sure there will lots of harsh moments. We can only hope for a happy ending eh?

Snow: Whatever Blake. Stop with the nonsense. Namjoon let’s go home.

Blake: Alright. I will leave this princess to you, Mr Knight.

 

We watched as the Blake dude strolled out of the classroom. I don’t like him since he disturbed our Snow. How does he even know we all are living together? He was here for less than a week. I turned to Snow and she heaved a big sigh of relief. She looked all worn out.

 

Rap Monster: You looked tired. Let’s go home. Don’t argue with me. I will carry your bag.

 

She was about to make her excuse but she gave up and let me carry her bag. We walked out of the school without saying anything. Throughout our walk home, I kept checking on her. I was very worried. What can I do? I just have to stand by her side.

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Snow Black

Walking with Namjoon was fine. We enjoyed the peaceful atmosphere as we were by each other side. It wasn’t awkward at all. He was looking down every now and then to make sure I was ok. It was true that I was tired. I didn’t really listen to the class. I had many thoughts in my head especially when Blake said that some things are meant to be left unsaid. It reminded me about the Bulletproof Boyz. There things I wanted to know but I guess it is better to leave them alone. Maybe one day, they will share something.

 

Rap Monster: Hey Snow. Has Blake been bothering you a lot? You seem so unhappy today.

 

I thought of the sudden kiss.

 

Snow: No, I am alright. I just feel so tired.

Rap Monster: But you had a lot of sleep last night.

Snow: All of you did especially you, Namjoon. I was awakening by your loud snoring.

Rap Monster: Opps. Sorry... *scratched head*

 

I giggled to myself. It was funny to see him embarrassed. He could be really serious at times but also he has his own cute moments. This is our very 1st time together alone. Usually Jimin, V and Jungkook will join us. Today might not be the day to have a group walk.

 

Rap Monster: Anyhow, please tell me what's bothering you if it's not Blake. Or else this heavy bag will be with me and you will never do your assignment.

Snow: What?! There is no way you could do that!  

Rap Monster:

Snow: Urgh! Fine! *sigh* I hate you for this.

Rap Monster: You can hate me all you want as long you explain to me what's going on.

Snow: You promise you will never tell anyone. Even Uncle Amos and the rest of the boys?

Rap Monster: You have my word. My lady.

Snow: Tsk. Alright. When I was at the infirmary alone, Blake came to me. He told me some weird things. He said that the Bulletproof Boyz are not what they seem to be.

 

Namjoon had a frown on his face. He was keeping quiet. He was thinking about something like he knew what was going on. I continued on.

 

Snow: I wasn't sure what he meant. But he also said that we are meant to be together.

Rap Monster: Us? You and me?

Snow: No. No. No. *blush* Blake and me. I have no idea what that means either so that's why I was kind of pissed off.

Rap Monster: Oh. I was told that Blake also kissed you. Is that true?

Snow: Mmm… on the cheeks…

 

I don't want to think about the kiss. It traumatise me. I looked at Namjoon’s face. He looks disappointed.

 

Snow: Anyway, I just want to ask this. Are you hiding anything from me? Is there something I must not know about the Bulletproof Boyz?

Rap Monster: I can't tell you. It is up to each individual. Truthfully we have our own ‘dark’ secrets. I will tell you mine someday. Not now.

 

I became disappointed instead. I respected Namjoon’s decision. Some things are really meant to be left unsaid just like the Seven Dwarves. We don't know their story. They are not the lead characters. However, they are part of the story.

The world is full of mysteries. I bet there are people's voices who have not be heard yet. Whether they are in a good or bad place, their story has yet to be discovered.  

I am glad that I talked to Namjoon about how I feel. It's not that I don't trust the Bulletproof Boyz. I am just worried and really want to help them. To be honest, I love them. No matter what their ‘dark’ secrets are, I will always be by their side.

Namjoon and I walked closely. Our fingers almost touching. The sky turned to warmth orange colour. We let the silence become our music as we reached home safely.