Chapter 31: CAUGHT IN A LIE Part 4

BTS FANFIC: Run With Me

??: We are going to do some assessment on you. Just look at the camera here. Tell us your name.

Jimin: My name is Jimin Park. I am 18 years old.

??: Well...Jimin. Can you tell us what do you think causes you to be in an aggressive mode? Like what is the indication for you to blow up?

Jimin: Umm. It just happens so fast. It just so sudden that I had to explode. I am sorry. I have no idea what I am saying.

??: Hmm… What are you able to conclude Amos?

Uncle Amos: *Playing with a lighter* I think it is just a click. This boy must have held onto his feelings for a long time. He needs a medium to help me express himself. A sleeping volcano ready to erupt.

??: Umm… Okay. I will put you under observation for a few days.

Jimin: Huh? What?

Uncle Amos: There is no point for further observation, Eddie. I have concluded that he needs an alternative to express his feelings. He is just a kid.

Eddie: A kid that might end up hurting other without further investigation. We need see if there is any effect on the drugs.

Uncle Amos: I FORBID the drugs on him!

Eddie: Then how we supposed to diagnose him?! His parents are begging us for report as proof that this boy might have some ‘mental’ disability. Or else he will be sent to…

Jimin: I will be sent to where? Am I going to jail because I almost beat up the bully to death?

Uncle Amos: No Jimin. You are not going anywhere else. * Sigh* Fine. I can only one day of further investigation but I promise you there will be nothing.

 

Areum: Oppa! Are you sick?

Jimin: Hey my little Apple! I think I am a bit sick. *hugs*

Mrs. Park: I am sorry that I have to put you through this. *kiss Jimin’s forehead*

Jimin: I believe this is the best you can give me. Am I going to jail?

Mr. Park:  No. You are not. That bully’s parents wants to charged us badly. I have no idea why even though I came in terms with his father.

Jimin: It is ok. It is meant to be.

Areum: Oppa, what about your dance? You are going to be a famous dancer.

Jimin: I…

Uncle Amos: Go for it. Dancing is your medium to express all that feeling in you. *walks in while playing with the lighter* I believe that is your way to control that fire in you.

Mrs. Park: It was me who grounded him. Now that I think about it. You deserve to go. Granny has been nagging at me. She is not very happy with me.

Jimin: Really? That’s in a few days. The competition.

Uncle Amos: It’s settled then. There is no use for you staying here though. That Professor Eddie is up to something. But I can’t argue with him anymore.

Mr. Park: Will you be alright? I can cancel my business flight to Australia and take you to the competition immediately.

Jimin: Don’t worry. I can practice here. We can call up Miss Hana.

Mrs. Park: Umm… Jimin. Miss Hana is critically ill. She is still in the hospital.

Jimin: Oh. Then it is just me.

Uncle Amos: Hey… umm… I don’t really trust my partner much. If something were to happen, you call me at this number *hands over his name card* I have some urgent meeting that I had to attend. It will be in few days that I am gone. I don’t want some trouble to happen to you. You deserve a better future.

Jimin: Thank you.

Uncle Amos: I will be off now. You have a very good son, Mr and Mrs Park. Little girl, always cheer for your brother. He needs it. All the best kid!

 

The event went on smoothly. I remembered my heart was beating nervously before standing on stage. The boy before me did so much better. His emotions were expressed well with his body movement. Everyone in the audience gave him a standing ovation. He left in hurry with a quick bow.

 

Then it was my turn. The host called my name and I finally took my steps to the centre stage. Lights went out except for the spotlight that was shining on me. I closed my eyes and let my ears listen to the music. My body begin feeling the rhythm and I felt like flying through the air like a butterfly. It was one of the most beautiful feeling ever. I ended my dance perfectly and gave the audience a gentle bow. They gave me a round of applause and I could hear the cheers from them. I gave a big smile to the response as I went off stage.

 

Bully: Hey shortie!

 

I turned around slowly. There he was standing with his arm sling. His swollen face had a bit bruises and cuts. I must have hit him hard. However, my real question is ‘Why the hell is he here anyway?’. I tried to run away.

 

Bully: You can’t always run! * stood right in front of Jimin*

Jimin: Umm… no…

Bully: Tsk. Look at what you have done to me. I never thought you are so much stronger. Thought I might see you as a man but now that I have watched you dance; it is a shame that my mind change. Dancing...tsk… doesn’t suit you at all. Thank goodness you will never win. As expected you are a loser.

 

There it goes. My blood is boiling. I really did my best though. He just ruined everything.

 

Bully: You will be going to a faraway asylum. My parents told me because of what you did the other time.

Jimin: What do you mean?

Bully: Didn’t you hear? Everyone has been talking about it. Your parents didn’t let you know?

 

I have no freaking clue what he was talking about. My gut is telling me that something went wrong. I rushed back home hoping to seek the truth.

 

 

Jimin: Mommy! Daddy!

Mr. Park: HOW COULD YOU MISDIAGNOSE MY SON?! HE IS NOT A PSYCHOPATH! I ASK YOU FOR SIMPLE DIAGNOSIS SO HE WON’T BE REPORTED TO THE POLICE! HE IS ONLY A KID! I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HAVE YOU DONE! I AM HANGING UP THIS CALL!

Jimin: Is it true? I am going to the asylum.

Mrs Park: You are NOT going. That Professor Eddie! We… don’t know what to do Jimin.

Jimin: Mommy! Daddy! You were supposed to save me.

Mr Park: We are trying but that family is making a big fuss. They had bribe the professor to write that diagnosis. I am sorry Jimin.

Jimin: Oh My Goodness! It’s all my fault! Why can’t I some peace for once?!

 

I heard the click again in my head. I immediately took the vase that was on the table top and start smashing it on the floor. My mother was screaming and my father was coming after me. It all turn out into a big fight. My father was holding me against the wall while I struggled to break free.

 

Areum: Oppa! Stop!

Jimin: Go away Areum!

Areum: Please Oppa. *coming towards Jimin with her pleading eyes*

Jimin: I say GO AWAY! YOU ARE SUCH A BABY! GROW UP AREUM! I SAY GO AWAY *with fiercely red eyes*

 

It was then that time has become frozen except Areum’s little sobbing. It was a shocked for me especially since I never get so mad at her before. My father let go of me as I didn’t struggle anymore. I tried to walk towards Areum but she moves back a little as if she doesn’t want to get close to me.

 

Jimin: Areum?

Areum: You are not my Oppa!

Jimin: Of course I am. *smile*

Areum: NO! My Oppa never gets angry! He never shouts at me!

Jimin: I am sorry I did that. I promise…

Areum: Go away! You are a monster! MOMMY!!!!

Jimin: Areum… Please...Come… Back… It’s me… Oppa…

 

I broke into tears that I have been holding back. The last thing I ever wanted was to lose her from my arms. It is all my fault! Maybe I should deserve this. The burning feeling is raising inside of me again. I slowly get up and went to the bathroom. I need to cool off this anger of mine. I filled the bathtub with cold water and get in without caring about the clothes that I am still wearing. I don’t want to cause any more trouble.

I took a deep breath and sink myself in the tub. Suddenly the thought of calling Mr Amos came into my mind. He could help us. He has been understanding my situation. He might know what is best for me. I quickly got out of the bathtub and scrambled for Mr Amos’s name card. I finally found it in my wallet. I dialled his number in a hurry.

 

Uncle Amos: Hello?

Jimin: I need your help. They are sending me to an asylum for away. I have no idea what happen! Professor Eddie must have misdiagnosed me. I think it is the bully fault. My parents are at loss now.

Uncle Amos: Darn it Eddie! Listen Jimin, I will come over to you as soon as possible. In the meantime, I will put you in a minor mental hospital. I will write a referral saying that you will be under my care. I will also get kickboxing training as a medium to manage your anger.

Jimin: I understand.

Uncle Amos: I will discuss with your family about the situation. You might end up coming with me to a better place but that will take some time. We will be waiting for one more person to join us.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

 

Snow: Jimin! What about your sister? I bet she didn’t mean to make you feel that way.

Jimin: I know. It was for the best. We are still in contact though. I talked to her a lot about you. Anyway she has grown and now training to be ballerina. The last time I met my family was at Granny’s funeral.

Snow: I am sorry for your lost.

Jimin: Don’t be. That old lady is finally ballroom dancing with my grandpa in Heaven. I just have to focus on the present. I have a lot of things to explore about myself. We are still at the age where we can make the most mistakes of our lives.

Snow: I agree on that very much. It was nice to hear your story. I am thankful that you shared.

Jimin: It has been my pleasure. We are in this together to help each other.

V: There you are! I have been searching all around for you. Jungkook got a scolding from Seokjin for not bringing you back to the meeting.

Snow: Oh no! Jungkook! I will explain everything to Seokjin. I am sure he will understand.

V: You better be. Hey Jimin! Wanna join us for lunch? I heard Yoongi and Namjoon bought the kimchi jjigae ingredients. You might want to do the cooking because they might blow up the kitchen instead.

Jimin: Hahahah! Alright. Tell Seokjin to prepare the place. I will take a quick shower first.

V: Eeee… Come Snow. Let’s get away from the stinky beast. *holds her hand*

Snow: Whoa! Ok! See you Jimin! *Exit out of the door*

 

I got the gym to myself again. I made a quick clean since this is a public place. As I packed my stuff into my bag. A stuffed bear, one of its arm badly sewed, caught my attention. I took it out from my bag and admire it for a moment. Apple, the bear’s name, still hold Areum’s fragrance. It was the same smell when I hugged her every time I came home. It was her gift to me before I left. I gave one more look before putting it in my bag. Who knows when we'll ever see each other again.

Note: That's the end of Jimin's background story. I hope you can give lots of love to his fictional story. Park Jimin is really the adorable and y man in Bangtan. A lot of people really do adore him. He is really a caring person. Even though he get teased my his memebers but still he will give the brightest smile whenever his memebers needs a little sunshine. That one lucky girl who is going to be his future wife, you deserve his love just like Areum. Never take things for granted peeps especially towards our family. Stay strong!