Chapter 13: Coffee

BTS FANFIC: Run With Me

Snow Black

“Riiiiiiing… Riiiiiing...Riiiiiing”

 

I reached out my hand on the table top to shut my alarm clock from ringing. Slowly I sat up and rubbed my eyes. It must have been a dream. Moving to a new town, getting escorted by a prince charming, spilling milk on a pair of Converse, getting chased by 7 boys and only to realise that I am living with them. Gosh what a crazy dream.

I looked around my environment. An unfamiliar vibe. This doesn't look like my room. I ran to the window and draw out the curtains. The morning sun was up and I saw Uncle Amos mowing the grass. I opened the window.

 

Uncle Amos: Morning Snow!

Snow: Morning?

Two handsome boys were walking towards Uncle Amos. They looked up and greeted me.

V: Hey Snow!

Suga: Nice Hair.

 

I touched my hair and looked at the mirror hanging on the wall. Oh no! My lion hair! I looked horrible! I quickly closed the window out of embarrassment and off I go to wash up. I was all dressed into my school uniform which Jin had already got it ready the night before.

What had happened was NEVER a dream. I washed my face multiple times and even slapped myself. THIS IS REALITY! I looked out at the window again. Thankfully the three men are already gone. Sigh. Does my day had to start like this?

 

*Knock Knock*

One last look at the mirror before I took my step to open the door. A different kind of sunshine greeted at my door.

Jimin: Morning! Ready for breakfast?

Snow: Morning Jimin… Well yeah… I’m hungry.

Jimin: Jin cooked some delicious breakfast. Come on let's go!

He held my hand suddenly and led me through the hallway. Thank goodness I managed to grab on to my key card! I can feel a rush of blood coming through my face as we held hands. Jimin doesn’t seem to be bothered by it. His hands felt smooth as a baby.

 

Suddenly, We bumped into Jungkook who was coming out from his room. Turns out his room was the one with the ‘Do Not Disturb’ signage.  Jimin let go of my hand quickly. I think Jungkook must have noticed that as he cleared his throat.

Jungkook: Morning. How was your sleep?

Snow: Morning to you too. It was really nice. How about you?

Jungkook: Well…*scratches head* We did a lot cleaning and…

Jimin: We played games! J-Hope beat us all in the racing game. *pouting*

Jungkook: Yeah… and we slept kind of late. Nevertheless, it's brand new day and I’m hungry.

The strong scent of scrambled eggs lingers through our noses and a growling sound was made. The three of us look at each other. Not knowing whose stomach was that, we just laugh it off. Being honest here, it was definitely NOT me. I swear.

 

We went down the stairs and saw J-Hope making his way to the dining room.

J-Hope: Yas! The king of racing has made his comeback! Muahahaha!

Jimin: Whatever... next time I will show you my real skills. Yesterday was just a warm-up!

J-Hope: Whatever!  Hey Snow, do you like playing games?

Snow: Well...yeah I do but I am not good at it.

Jungkook: I will teach you. We can all work together and beat J-Hope. Alright?

Jimin: I want to teach Snow too!  

J-Hope: Wah! Wah! 3 against 1? No way. If they teach you, you will really fail. Let me help you out.  I know the combos to win. *wink*

Jungkook: Well that's unfair. Fine...suit yourself.

And the three of them continue their bickering at the dining table. Jin has set up the food on the table. The smell of fresh and hot scrambled eggs, baked beans and toast got myself drooling.  I wanted to pour myself a cup of milk but Jimin insisted on letting him do the job.

 

Jimin: A cup of warm milk for the lady. By the way Snow, you seem to like milk so much.

Snow: Well...I don't know. I just like it I guess. It has calcium and a good habit to start the morning with.

Jimin: I see. I will also get myself a cup of milk then. *pours milk*

V: Me too. *barges into the room*

J-Hope: Ditto!

Jungkook: Jimin ah. Help me pour the milk.

Jimin: I am not your servant.  Go pour yourselves.

Snow: Then, let me pour for them.

Jimin: Ah...no...no...no. I will do it!

V: Wah...not fair.  I want Snow to pour for me.

Rap Monster: Okay Big babies. Let me do the pouring.

 

Everyone went quiet as they watched Rap Monster started to pour the milk. Just as he is about to pour the last bit of milk. The handle of the jug broke into two. Everyone at the table gives the ‘I knew it’ look.

Suga: There goes our last jug of the week! It didn't even last a year!

I burst out laughing seeing Namjoon and the rest cleaning up the mess before Jin appeared into the room. Jin scolded us all for making a big fuss in the dining room. It was scary to see him nag, just like my mom. Uncle Amos soon joined in and we start our day with a good breakfast.

 

Uncle Amos: Snow, did you received your schedule?

Snow: Oh no! Argh! I forgot about it! I slept through after dinner.

Suga: No wonder I heard some snoring.

Snow: *gasp* Th...that’s was not me… I mean… is it? It can’t be. Can it be?

 

Everyone laughed out when they saw my flustered face. Another embarrassing moment.

 

Jin: Hey… don’t bully this little miss here. That was Namjoon. Thanks to him, I couldn’t get a shut eye.

Rap Monster: I was tired ok? Not like the rest of you who have energy to play games. This is what you get for being my roommate.

Jin: Well you don’t have a room to sleep in!

Snow: You don’t have a room? *bewildered*

V: Ever since we heard that you were coming, Namjoon decided to give away his room to you and he shared a room with Jin.

 

I was speechless when I heard that Namjoon sacrificed his personal room to me. I never thought that such guy like him would give in to a girl like me. I feel bad for arguing with him yesterday. I smiled at him as a small gratitude. I don’t know how to react to that! Should I do something for him? Argh...this is going to be awkward. We ended breakfast and I went straight to Jimin.

Snow: Umm...Jimin. Do you mind helping me?

Jimin: Yes! *eye smile*

Snow: It is about the school schedule. I have no idea how to access into the website and you know all those gadget stuff.

Jimin: Ah! Sure no problem. You don’t mind me coming to your room?

Snow: Mmm… I don’t mind.

Jimin: Well ok.

V: Eh! Can I join to?!

Snow: Well sure. Who knows we might be in the same class for the 1st lesson.

V: YAS! Jin, I am not going to clean up the table. I am helping Snow. Bye! *Runs off*

Jin: Yah! This kid! Always escapes! I’ll make sure he do the trash tonight.

I laugh a little and went to my room with Jimin. V was standing right in front of my door. I swapped my key card and us, , went in. Good thing that I cleaned my room before breakfast. It will be embarrassing to see a girl with

untidy room. I took my laptop and set it up. Jimin and V orientated me through the school website and I finally got my schedule.

V: Yas! We are in the same class for Math!

Jimin: Whatever! *pouts* Let’s print this out. The three of us are in the same homeroom class anyway.

V connected the printer to my laptop and he happily print out my schedule. Jimin helped me into packing my school books for that day. There were quite a number of books to be brought to school. The two boys decide to carry some of my books. I felt like a burden to them. I didn’t want to show it but someday I will repay them.

The three of us went down and J-hope was waiting for us at the front door.

J-Hope: It is only the four of us now.

Snow: What? Aren’t we going together?

J-Hope: Your uncle had leave for a council meeting so he can’t say bye. He might not be home for dinner.

V: I guess it is a very important.

Jimin: I hope it is not a date chase with the principal.

Snow: What about the rest?

J-Hope: Jin and Jungkook are doing the cleaning. Rap Monster are helping them to make the chore faster since ‘someone’ has escape. They tell us to go ahead.

V: *scratch head* My bad… Hehehehe… Looks like I’m really going to throw the trash tonight.

Jimin: I bet it is going to be a BIG one.

V: Shut up Jimin. Or I will pass you these books to carry all by yourself.

J-Hope: Oh yes! Jungkook has pass me this note about your school locker. That way you won’t carry such books and need them at certain time.

Snow: Just what I need. Thanks! *Take the note from J-hope*

We were showered with Vitamin D from the morning sun shine as we made our way to school.