Chapter 22: Fools like me

BTS FANFIC: Run With Me

Chapter 22

 

Uncle Amos

 

I relax in my cozy office while sipping on my hot black coffee. Seeing the piles of paperwork on my desk, I felt the burden on my shoulders. Being the mayor of this town is hard work. I have to make sure better renovation and facilities for the residents. Sadly, I hardly have time for the kids. Sigh…

 

Chasing after Mary was just an excuse. Apparently I am just doing a favour. My love life is already over. 7 boys and 1 girl are in my care. I am very happy that they are getting along with each other. The very 1st time they met went crazy. That's what I heard. It is a good thing I brought in Snow. This house needs a ‘rose among the thorns’.

 

“Knock! Knock!”

 

Jimin: Mr Amos, it's me Jimin.

 

Uncle Amos: Come in my boy.

 

Jimin: Actually it is the 7 of us. We have something to tell you.

 

One by one, the handsome boys came through my wooden tinted glass door. A very serious atmosphere settled in. Each of the boys took in a seat on the couch and sofas that was placed in front of my desk. Usually the boys would come to my office for either disciplinary action or to express their concerns. I remember Jungkook, Jimin and Taehyung would come to my office often because of their misbehaviours in school. Sometimes it would be Seokjin suggesting a new facility for the town or Namjoon and Hoseok letting out their stress. Even Yoongi would come to my room to ask for more pocket money.

 

To them, I am their teacher, disciplinary head, finance manager and supporter. In a nicer way, I am like a father to them. I took another sip of my hot coffee while looking at each of their faces. Seems like this more than just ‘Boys Talk’.

 

Uncles Amos: What’s wrong? You all looked like you have something important to tell me. Is there something wrong with Snow?

 

Jin: No sir. Snow is still resting in her room. She is still lethargic. She almost fainted in Science lesson today

 

Uncle Amos: Hmm… Again? Seokjin, you should call me in times like this. We should have called a doctor. I don’t want any trouble. However, you did a good job.

 

Jin: Yes sir.

Uncle Amos: But what’s the reason you all are here?

 

Suga: It is about this new dude in our school. He seems suspicious.

 

V: He has been hanging around with Snow lately. She has been uncomfortable.

 

Jungkook: We found him first at the infirmary while we were about to pick her up.

 

Jimin: Yeah and I don’t like this guy. He dare to kiss Snow!

 

Uncle Amos: WHAT?! HE KISS?

 

V: He kiss her on the cheeks when he went off. Right in front of our eyes!

 

Uncle Amos: Who is this student?

 

Jungkook: His name is Blake Riz. Apparently, he said something to Snow which triggered her to keep a distance from us. She has been quiet since that day.

 

Uncle Amos: Indeed. Did you find out what the student said to Snow?

 

Rap Monster: I caught him once talking to Snow and I tried stopping him. He said something that about ‘Snow Black and the Seven Knights’. He was making a reference on the fairy tale that we discussed in literature. We were just talking about why some characters’ background story were not told in stories they appear.

 

Jungkook: He knows something about us. We got to be careful.

 

J-Hope: To be honest, Snow doesn’t hurt her ankle by tripping. The Blake dude did it.

 

Uncle Amos: What do you mean, Hoseok? You seen him do it?

 

J-Hope: When we were at the infirmary, I observed that she was getting bruises from a kick. It was big enough to get hit from the back. Usually when people fall, the ankle will get swollen but Snow’s was hurt on her shin too.

 

Suga: Me and Hoseok went to the field to investigate and we see there was no rocks anywhere. If I could remember properly, when Snow fell, the Blake dude was right behind her and handed his helping hand.

 

V: Wah! He wants to be seen a hero eh? Tsk. What a lame tactic!

 

Jin: I find that dude familiar somehow. I just don’t know who…

 

Jimin: Me too! It as if I have met him before. But… I don’t remember.

 

Suga: I took a snapshot of him while we were playing basketball during physical education. I must say he is a very good player.

 

Yoongi handed to me the photo. It was good that he has an interest in photo-taking. I was glad to buy him that expensive camera. Or else i would see him lying around the house. Observing the photo, the student is young looking and tall. Hmm… He resembles someone that I know of. It is another inside job for me to investigate. I looked up at the faces of the worried boys.

 

Uncle Amos: You must be worried about Snow huh?

 

All of them noded. Some even took in a deep breath. This is not going anywhere.

 

Uncle Amos: I will do my best and see what I can do from here. I will eventually talk to Snow. Do what you all think you should do. We can help each other out. We are a team. We are family. Understand?

 

Bulletproof Boyz: Yes sir!

 

I can see that they are more relax. They are a caring friend indeed. I dismissed them and one by one they left the office. Namjoon was the last one to leave.

 

Uncle Amos: By the way Namjoon…

 

Rap Monster: Yes?

 

Uncle Amos: Nowadays, I see that you have gotten closer to Snow. Is there something you know about from her?

 

Rap Monster: No sir. We just talk about class and stuff. Like the usual.

 

Uncle Amos: Oh. Alright then. Keep it up. If there is anything, be sure to let me know.

 

Namjoon left the room soon after. There was a short and hesitant pause. He is not telling me something. Well, I will let him take his time to tell me one day. Meanwhile, I looked at the photo at my desk. My gut feeling is telling me that something bad is going happen.