Chapter 37: My 1st Love Part 2

BTS FANFIC: Run With Me

 

Suga

?: Min Yoongi. Min Yoongi. MIN YOONGI!

 

*Teacher smacks Suga with his cane*

 

Suga: Ouch! *holds his head in pain*

 

Teacher: Concentrate. The recital is tomorrow. You wouldn’t want to lose out on your last day of the performance. The school is counting on you.

 

Suga: I apologise, Sir. I must have been out of focus.

 

Teacher: Again? *smacks Suga’s head again*

 

Suga: Argh. *groans in pain*

 

Teacher: This is not the first time you zone out during rehearsals and almost ruined the previous performances. How strange for a genius like you to be so careless? You better not do it on the last day. Now, play again! *smacks Suga with his cane for the last time*

 

Ouch! Min Yoongi. You got to focus here. Maybe too much playing is enough. Everyone is counting on you.

 

*Inhales deeply and looks at the piano keys in front*

 

This song that I am playing is nothing to me. It took me an hour to study this piece and able to play it well without any mistakes. The school loves to give me a hard time to conquer one of the hardest music pieces in the world. Usually I would be done with the music piece in memory and effortlessly played it in one shot. However, this time it got me a little out of the edge.

 

Fermata Boarding Academy - the name of the school who sends scholarships to those who are extremely talented. I am one of them. My parents were elated. It was sudden because the envelope that came in when I was only 5 years old. How I was chosen? I am not particularly sure. What I know for sure is that the school wanted to raise its reputation. Don't you think it's strange to just give a scholarship to a child who can barely speak but is a genius in music.

 

Yes. I was not able to speak well and everyone almost thought I was mute. It wasn't my parents fault. They did teach me how to speak but I guess My brain was more interested in the music scene. My parents, they own a music store. You know that typical love story where the pianist falls in love with the violinist. Well, it happened to my parents. Just that they were in a high school band. Appa was the percussionist and Eomma was the band leader.

 

And so, they “hanky-panky” and that's how I was born. Ta-dah! Of course, they had issues to raise a family and the Min family officially owned the music store because music is what we are best at. That's probably why I was so curious with that gigantic wooden box like with small black and white rectangles, which makes both light and heavy sounds. Even though I can't barely talk, I could read the music notes and hummed them. Sometimes I would stand beside amateur musicians, who came by our store and figured out the notes.

 

It is just that one odd day when Eomma brought me out and there was this painted little piano at one of the underpass. Poor thing it was ignored by the passers-by. Perhaps it was because of the homeless Ahjushi that took his sleeping area next to the little piano.

 

Without thinking, I pulled my hand from Eomma’s hand and immediately ran to the little piano. I struggled to sit on the seat but I managed to. I inhaled a deep breath and close my eyes. In the few seconds, I let my little fingers do the work. All I could think of at that time was to reach out to the people that the little piano existed. I want the little piano to make itself known with its’ beautiful chimes. Soon after, people started to gather and out of all, there was a man who believes that this 5-year-old ‘mute’ kid deserves so much more. And that man was my teacher.

 

*SMACK*

 

Teacher: Again! You missed the beat. Why is your tempo getting fast? Go softer on the keys. Kreisler did not purposely name his composition ‘Love’s Sorrow’ for nothing! Again!

 

Suga: Yes, Sir.

 

Sometimes I questioned myself why did I ever do to deserve him. Eomma and Appa were so enthusiastic that he was my teacher for piano. True enough he led me to partake in lot of competition, Galas and recitals. One of the most memorable event was when I participated in the town’s orchestra at the age of 7. Thanks to him I got this far. However, I dislike that he had been going so hard on me with the canning and nagging ever since… I was alone.

 

“Ring! Ring! Ring!”

 

Teacher: That’s it for rehearsal. You very LAST rehearsal. I am not satisfied because the performance is tomorrow. You better brush it up by tonight. You may go now.

 

Suga: I am sorry Sir. I will have polished up by tonight. Thank you for your time. *bows*

 

I stuffed my things into my bag and went out of the music room as quickly as I can before he calls me to play again. Phew...That was crazy. I hate it when people just tell you what to do and it is becomes so annoying. Eventually, what goes in will come out. One will never listen to the other if they constantly nag without meaning. I don’t know about the rest of the students. They seem happier now that we are being dismissed from school. Perhaps it was the end of the day and everyone wants to run away from this strict curriculum school.

 

Fermata Boarding Academy is an All-Boys school. It was unfortunate that our eyes are on any girls other than the female teachers, who are at their retiring age. Boohoo… Of course, we have a strict rule that no students are not allowed to date. There was once that a gay couple was caught making out in the school toilet and got suspended for a month, which includes a 1 year probation. How pathetic is that? If we can’t date, how can we contain our war of hormones. At most we could do is to sneak in some videos.

 

Our job as the students of Fermata Boarding Academy is to make sure that we achieved and raised the school reputation. To show the outside world that we are the best of the best by showcasing our talents. Whereas the teachers should make sure that we follow the rules and everything is in order. Sounds like a school prison to me even though we have very expensive facilities around. I just can’t wait to graduate here. All I need is someone from the outside world to take me in and let me start a brand-new life. Please.

 

If there is one other thing that I would like to do apart from piano…

 

?: Oi! Yoongi!

 

That will be basketball.

 

Suga: Yo Mike! I am coming over guys!

 

*Runs to the basketball court where a group of students are playing*

 

Mike: Show us your 3-pointer skill. I am betting with the newbie, Henry, here that you can make the shot.

 

Suga: Tsk. Piece of cake. *Starts shooting hoops*

 

Students: WHOAH!

 

Mike: Told ya! You owe me one, Henry!

 

Henry: Fine. *dumbfounded*

 

Suga: Sorry bro. Let’s have a friendly match? 3 against 3?

 

Mike: Sweet! And the team that loses will treat us lunch tomorrow at Lucy’s.

 

Henry: That’s expensive?!

 

Mike: Who cares?! We will be using the school’s money after all. That’s what scholarships are for! All I care is that we will see some girls there. *smirk*

 

Suga: L-A-M-E…. but if my team loses, don’t expect me there because I have a performance tomorrow.

 

Henry: Oh, right! You sure that you are up for it? There are traces of canning on your body. Won’t your teacher be mad if he finds out you are here instead of your practice?

 

Suga: Nah! It is normal. All I need is to stress out!

 

Mike: Min Yoongi here is a genius. I am sure he will do well. Anyway, Yoongi and I will be the team leaders. We will choose our players and start the game in 3 minutes.

 

Basketball. It will never win over my love for piano. The sport is like my child. I can play with it whenever I want. It gives me a little more strength with less mentality. It is just hobby and I want to enjoy it for the rest of my youth. I started out in the sport when I first met Mike in middle school. He was the star player in the school’s basketball team. He got scouted to other prestigious schools in the country but he decides to stay in Fermata Boarding Academy. His reason is probably his family. Not sure about the real reason about it. I am just grateful that he is my best friend. He knew about my life and he always there to give support. Of course, on the downside, he can be a ert when it comes to the ladies.

 

The game comes to an end with Mike’s team winning. I just hand over the cash to Mike and tell him to treat the other members good tomorrow. He gave me a bro hug and I left for my room in the dormitory. Room 309 - my little damp room. There is not much stuff here. Just a bed with a desk and a wardrobe. I only have shared bathroom with the other students outside. That’s unfortunate but who cares, we are all boys. We see ourselves and show off our muscles. I only have tummy fats. Burh.

 

I couldn’t care much about my room as most of my life, I will be travelling to other towns and countries for performances. All you could see, if you were given a chance to visit, were monotone colours. On the walls, I only had a Basketball Quote poster and some old piano music sheets. My books were everywhere on the floor. It is not as clean as you thought it would be but who cares. It is not like they even have check-up rounds these days.

 

I change out of my uniform and lie on the bed for a moment. I stared at the ceilings blankly. Screw the piano practice! I am so tired. All I need right now is peace and quiet. That’s right. Peace… and… quiet.

 

A little chime of music could be heard from the distance. I know this song! ‘Canon in D’ by Pachelbel. I found myself running on the road again. A car drove pass by me without stopping. Omo! I almost got hit! What the hell!

 

A sudden crash could be heard from a distance and the music stopped. For some reason, I ran towards the crash.

 

And there it was… Right in front of me… The car that crashes into my family’s store, drowned in flames.

Note: Thank you for keeping up with the story. I should have done better to keep updating with the story. My heart is still here but there are times where I really want to write better as the story goes by. I created lots of drafts which some of them were suitable for each chapter. Of course there are some which I wished I could put them all down but perhaps it wasn't for the right story. Any Suga bias here?! Kekeke... I hope you will keep on enjoying my story. It will take some time for me to write but it is for the best. Having a clear mind helps to get the job done better. Please vote and comment. I am very appreciated. Also, please do share this story to others too.