Chapter 28: CAUGHT IN A LIE Part 1

BTS FANFIC: Run With Me

Snow Black

I went to school with Seokjin, Jungkook and Taehyung for the preparation of Crow Tit High School Summer Festival. It was supposed to be a meeting together with all the Bulletproof Boyz to finalise all the logistics but an exception was given to Jimin and Hoseok because of the incident yesterday. As for the rest, Yoongi and Namjoon, I am sure they had other important chores. There wasn't much we did that day. While Seokjin and Taehyung were busy calling the people who will sponsor the summer festival, Jungkook and I decided to walk around the school to get some decoration ideas.

It was just a silent walk around until we met Miss Hamlet around the corridors. She wasn't in her formal usual outfit. Instead she was in her purple yoga pants and green FBT sweatshirt. Her bright red hair was tied in a ponytail with a small towel wrapped around her neck. Seems like she had come back from the gym. However, we also found her carrying some heavy boxes and she doesn’t acknowledge us when she walked past us.

Snow: Good morning Miss Hamlet.

Miss Hamlet: Huh? Whoa! *Drops one box*

Jungkook: I got it!

Miss Hamlet: That’s a close one. Thank you Jungkook!

Snow: Oh no! I am so sorry. I didn’t mean to.

Miss Hamlet: I am fine. They are just some personal stuff of mine that took up a lot of space in my office. I need to bring these junk back home.

Jungkook: I think you need help. Don’t you have an assistant?

Miss Hamlet: Oh. You mean Cecelia? She is back at her hometown for a while. Snow: What about you? Don’t you go on trips.

Miss Hamlet: Umm… Yeah but not this time. I have to focus on other things for the summer festival. As you know, we need sponsors and new batch of students in Crow Tit High School. It’s like business stuff. Let me get these boxes back to my car. You can give it to me, Jungkook.

Jungkook: Nah. I will carry this for you. Your face is all red with sweat. You need help.

Miss Hamlet: Very well then. *walks off*

Snow: Do you need my help?

Jungkook: It is ok, Snow. Just go back to Seokjin and Taehyung. I can handle this.

Snow: Mm… Alright. Be careful.

I see Jungkook off with Miss Hamlet as they walked through the corridors, carrying those heavy boxes. Is it just me or both of them look alike? Their eyes and nose looked similar. They also have the same vibe around them. They don’t talk much and are work-focus. It could be just my eyes. Oh well. I tried to find my way back when I heard someone screaming and punching. It was coming from the school gym. I rushed to the entrance and for the first time, I am seeing this side of a guy who I never thought I never get to face.

Jimin was throwing hard punches on the punching bag as if he was full of energy. I mean anger that is. I just stood there in awe. Instead of the happy and cute Jimin that we used to know, it was the manly and fierce Jimin. I can feel my body hair standing up when he gave one last strong punch, accompanied with a beastly scream which echoed through the whole gym. He pants heavily and turned until his scary eyes met mine. I was frozen.

Snow: Umm...Hi? I didn't mean to bother you. I just heard someone screaming and I just ran here to help. I can see you are busy so…

Jimin: *pants heavily* Can you pass me my water bottle? *pants heavily*

Snow: Huh?

Jimin: Water...there… at the benches…*pants heavily*

Snow: Oh! You mean this water. Ok. I am getting it. *takes the bottle* Here you go!

As I came towards Jimin to pass him the water, I was suddenly pulled by the hand and ended in his embrace. I could hear his heart pumping hard as my face was at his chest. With one hand, he poured the water on his head which got me a little wet and threw the bottle to the side. He continued hugging me, this time tighter with both hands.

Jimin: I am sorry for making you scared last night. I couldn’t handle my anger.

Snow: No! I am the one who is supposed to be sorry. I shouldn’t have brought Blake to dinner. He wouldn’t have triggered you and Hoseok.

Jimin: I thought I’d lost you.

Snow: Me too.

Tears started to swell. I accepted Jimin’s embrace and buried my face in his sweaty body. I don’t care about his body odour. As long we finally make up for each other, I can finally breathe a sigh of relief. I don’t want to take Jimin for granted. He has been there for me, making me all cheerful with his morning greetings at my room door. He is the cause of my happiness every day. I somehow love this manly side of Jimin. I would not mind having both kind and beastly friend.

 

Jimin

I started wiping my sweats after the whole morning of working out. I felt so much better. All my stress and anger have been released. I felt even better that she actually found me and how we make up for each other. She does care about me even though I didn't want her to see this bad side of me. Seokjin told me early this morning that Snow needs me. I thought otherwise. Seeing her so happy again, makes me want to bring my usual side that I always showed her. The air between us became lighter. However, there is a part of me that wants to explain to Snow about the real me.

Snow: Why I have never seen you do boxing before? I thought you would be the big baby in the house but now I am seeing you as a man.

Jimin: *smiles* Aish… Don’t say that. I want to keep my charms to myself. *smile*

Snow: Aigoo. Stop giving that cute smile. I am confusing with that muscular body of yours.

Jimin: Come and sit close to me. *Flexing his arm* Here touch my biceps.

We sat close together on the floor of the gym. She hesitated for a while before letting her fingers touched my muscles. She let out a gasped as she touched my arm again. I laughed at her amazement as if she could not believe that this is my body.

Snow: Omo! Is this for real? Why is it so hard? *pokes at biceps multiple times*

Jimin: Of course. It is all my effort. *wink*

Snow: Aish… *blush* When do you start working out? Does it help with your anger?

Jimin: When Mr. Amos took me in, he suggested that I should do boxing to control my anger problems. It was a long time before I even went to the mental hospital for my aggressive behaviour.

Snow: Oh. I didn’t know that.

Jimin: It’s ok. I am going to tell you about the side you never know about Park Jimin.

********************************************************************************************************

 

 

Jimin

“Riiiiing...Riiiing… Riiiing...”

Jimin: *accidentally hit against someone* I am sorry.

Bully: Hey Shortie! Where do you think you’re going?!

Jimin: Huh? *fumbles with glasses*

Bully: I SAID where do you think you’re going?!

Jimin: Umm...To class of course.

Bully: Wow! Such a nerd! Perfect! Hey guys! We found our new ‘assistant’!

All the other big students gathered around me. I have no idea what’s going on. They looked down at me as if they are ready to have me for dinner. The atmosphere was dark. I can’t breathe. I have nothing to do with these students. Why are they after me? I don’t know who they are and what they want. The last thing I heard was their sinister laughter.

Janitor: Hey kid! Wake up! You alright?

I found myself lying on the school courtyard under the scorching sun. My limbs are aching all over with bruises. I got up while putting back my glasses on. I looked over at my wrist watch. The class must have started 30 minutes ago. I might as well head back home since it is just the last class. Besides, nobody even knows that I existed. I really hate this school.

 

 

I stood in front of the house door with my hand holding the doorknob. I took in a deep breath. Here I go! I turned the doorknob and push the door open.

Jimin: I am home!

??: Oppa!!!

Jimin: Hey there my little apple!

I carried her in my arms and swing her around. Being with her made me forget about all my problems. I the radio and we start dancing together. We laughed out loud as we flop to the couch in the living room. Seeing her face again makes me want to live longer. She is the reason why I am still going through the in life. Her name is Areum Park. She is my 7-year-old sister.

Areum: Oppa! Oppa! Do you like my red dress?

Jimin: Yes, I do! Wah! You look like a princess! Can I be your prince?

Areum: Oppa is already a prince! Today, my teacher tells me a story about this princess who have 7 short men as her friends. Then she ate an apple that a witch gave her. She sleeps for a long time. Then, the prince came to rescue her by giving her a kiss! I love that story Oppa!

Jimin: I heard about that story. They will all live happily ever after.

Areum: YAY!

Mrs. Park: Who turn the radio on?! It is so loud! *turns off the radio* What did I tell you about making a mess in the living room? Jimin, your school bag is all over the floor. How about these cushions? Someone can tripped over especially your granny. We will be in trouble if she suffers another fall.

Granny Park: I am going to be fine. You worry too much. Those kids are just dancing. Let them have their moment of fun. Reminds me of the good old days when your grandpa and I were the best ballroom dancers.

Mrs. Park: You should sit mom. Kids get change now. Your father will be home soon for dinner.

Jimin & Areum: Yes, mommy.

I grabbed my bag from the floor and held Areum’s hand to our bedroom.

 

 

Mommy cooked the best Korean dishes in the world especially kimchi jjigae. She only cook kimchi jjigae on special occasions. Fortunately, we got a call from Daddy that he has been promoted to a project manager of his company. Mommy was delighted that she decided to make a feast. All of us enjoyed our food together. Thank goodness, I helped Areum put on her bib so she won’t get any stain on her pink flowery pyjama.

Mr. Park: So how is my little girl doing for school today?

Areum: I learnt about fairy tales today! Miss Min chose me to act as princess in her drama class!

Mr. Park: I saw the photo of you in the red dress that Mommy sent. You look beautiful!

Mrs. Park: I had to buy that dress immediately since she won’t stop babbling about how she doesn’t have any princess dress. *Sigh*

Mr. Park: We can more dresses since I am having been promoted. Well, how about you my boy? Anything you want to share?

Jimin: *looks down at food* Nah. School is just fine. Nothing special.

Mr Park: You have been doing well for your studies. Perhaps you want to try some sports before graduating. I have a friends I know who can help in baseball. Reminds me of those younger days when I almost got scouted for scholarship. Too bad your mother scouted me first.

Granny: Yeah. That was the time when you make her all preggy!

Everyone at the dining table went to an awkward silence. I heard about this story. Daddy was a popular baseball player in school while Mommy was a part of the cheerleading squad. They did something at a friend’s party which happened to having me instead of their wonderful future careers. However, I am not like my parents.

Areum: Oppa wants to join the dance festival!

Jimin: Areum, stop!

Areum: I saw the same pamphlet that Oppa was staring at in his room with the poster at a shop when buying my dress! Oppa is also a good dancer! He practices so hard in the living room with Granny and I!

Mr. Park: Hmm… How come I never heard about this?

Jimin: I thought if I did tell you. You won’t let me.

Mrs. Park: No wonder the living room was loud and messy every time I came home from grocery shopping. Since when you started all this?

Granny: I showed him the photos and videos of my old dance academy. Remember when both of you were having a hard time building your careers. I was there to help you take care of poor Chim! I brought him to the local dance academy and that’s when I found out he was feeling the music. You have such a talented son!

Mr. Park: *cough* Yes we failed to realise that. What kind of dance competition is that?

Jimin: It is a contemporary dance competition. One of the rarest competition to be held at our town. I heard that there will scouts looking for dancer to enrol in their private dance academy.

Mr Park: Do you believe you can do it? Even it is 1% chance that you likely can get in. You know yourself that you don’t have much experience.

Jimin: I know but I really want to go for it.

Mr. Park: By all means, you need to have proper training. You have to be independent on that. I will not hold responsibility in whatever results you get.

Jimin: I understand.

 

 

Areum: I’m sorry Oppa, for telling Daddy about the dance. I don’t know it was a secret.

Jimin: Don’t worry. The secret will be out eventually. At least I have nothing to hide from Mommy and Daddy anymore.

Areum: Oppa! I believe you will become a famous dancer! Your dancing makes me so happy every time!

Jimin: Thank you. It will not be easy. Have you brush your teeth?

Areum: Of course. Mommy say if I don’t the tooth fairy will not be happy.

Argh! Why Areum is so cute?! Putting her to bed as if she was my own daughter makes me the happiest man alive. It has been my routine to put her to bed while Mommy and Daddy have their own sweet time together. Granny would probably be in bed listening to her oldie songs. I want to be the last person that Areum to see before she goes to sleep.

Jimin: Hahaha! Alright! It is time to go to sleep my little apple. *kiss Areum’s forehead*

Areum: Good night Oppa! *yawn*   

I switched off the light and took one last look at her before closing the door quietly.

Note: It has been a long time! I finally done with my posting. I am on short break. I will do my best to update as much as I can. Thank you so much for reading too. I am grateful! Second part will be out soon. What do you think of this chapter so far? Any input? Please do comment I will be happy to receive feedbacks! ^.^