You, All You

Just Like Now

Namjoo shot him a long, flat-lined stare. “What?”

Still choking he reached for his water and gulped it down.

“Are you shocked because you think I want to have on my period?” she asked with a deep frown.

“No, no!” He adamantly shook his head. “Of course not.”

She continued to give him the stare.

“I know that’s not what you meant,” he said. “I do. Lets do it.” he paused, “I mean…lets just sleep tonight…sleep.” He nodded his head.

He must’ve looked like a desperate fool throughout dinner and before bedtime. Truth was, he’d do anything to lay in bed next to her again. Who knew a day would come when he would tire of sleeping by himself. He would be good, he promised, just to get her back in one room with him.

Namjoo was showering when he finally completed washing the dishes and headed upstairs. The sound of water running had a calming effect on him. He could imagine her breath flowing off the tip of his nose as he sat there waiting for her. It was nerve wrecking, yet exciting. In a way this felt like the first night of marriage. His imagination churned wildly. Watching Namjoo walk out, water glistening off her skin prettily, her body wrapped in an overly large towel. Oh, the thought had tickles traveling throughout his body.

Sehun shot up to his feet when the door clicked open and Namjoo walked out in her pajamas, hair damp. She gave him another long stare as if she had just read his mind and the bad thoughts he’d been having.

Smiling awkwardly like a child caught in the act he tried, “You’re done?”

“Yea.” She brushed past as if he didn’t matter at all. Maybe her hormones were working up and she was just getting annoyed with him for no reason. He shrugged all the reasons off.

“Rest,” he urged. “I’ll go wash up now.”

Heart pounded thrilled as he hurried into the bathroom. Who would have imagined Namjoo wanting to share a bed with him tonight? After all they’ve been through this felt like the happy ending he had been praying for. Hopefully, tomorrow night and the night after she would still want to sleep with him.

Namjoo was lying in bed with eyes closed when he walked out. Moving carefully and quietly as possible, he turned the lights off. Through the dark his eyes settled on her as he crept into bed moving gently before laying down. Namjoo didn’t budge. He was disappointed if she was really asleep. Breathing eased as he soaked in the moment of reality. His heart hiked up when his fingers brushed across her hand underneath the blanket. This was so nice and he couldn’t ask for more. Without hesitating he twined his fingers through hers and shifted onto his side inching closer until their bodies touched. She was superbly warm, very real. Smelled nice too. He couldn’t keep the smile off his face.

Namjoo clicked her tongue, groaning, “Move. It’s hot.”

“Stick your leg out,” he told.

She groaned again and moved away. He didn’t mind. Where could she go anyway?

§§§§§

“I’m going to the Bahamas for a week,” Namjoo announced the next morning.

Literally dropping his spoon, he asked, “What?”

“I’ll be gone for a week.”

“Why?” he questioned, despaired. Was this why she wanted to sleep with him yesterday? “Do you have to go? I mean, there’s a whole new team at work isn’t there? Why?”

“Tickets are already reserved,” Namjoo explained. Glancing at the time, “Oh, I’m late.” Standing up she wiped her hands with napkins, “You can clean up, right? See you.” Grabbing her purse off the counter she hurried away, leaving him both speechless and appalled.

Getting up he hurried after her but Namjoo was already out the door and by her car. Pausing at the doorstep he watched her unlock the door. He asked helplessly, “Do you have to go?” Namjoo only waved in reply before getting in and drove off. Why, all of a sudden, did he feel like some stranded person on an island without food or water?

Once he finished dishes, he headed upstairs, paced back and forth in their bedroom. By all means, he had to stop Namjoo from going on that trip. To the Bahamas without him?! And for a week? He couldn’t survive like that after she moved out of their bedroom. It just wasn’t right. How could he stop her?

Pausing, he turned to stare at their closet. Namjoo had a suitcase. If he got rid of that… Smacking his hands together elated he grabbed her suitcase then stopped again. Where to put this huge nuisance? He walked around with the suitcase in hand, looked at the closet, then went into the guest room. There wasn’t a good enough hiding space where Namjoo wouldn’t find her suitcase. Why did he feel so limited with brainwork today?

Leaning against the wall he stared out at the window, peered into the street and watched cars pass. That was when the smartest – the dumbest really – idea he’d had of the day clicked overhead. His car.

Grabbing keys from the dresser he headed outside, tossed the suitcase into the trunk of his vehicle. Shutting the trunk close he brushed his hands with probably the stupidest grin he ever had.

Late that evening he sat calmly with a magazine in hand, eyes hovering over the top as he watched Namjoo walk back and forth in their bedroom searching for her suitcase.

“I swear I put it here,” Namjoo mumbled rummaging through the closet. Turning to look at him, “Did you see it?”

Eyes moving back down, “No. I don’t know where you put it.”

“I put it right here when we moved in,” Namjoo stood back with hands on hips, foot tapping the ground.

“Maybe you misplaced it somewhere around the house,” Sehun tried. “It can’t just grow legs and walk away.”

Namjoo huffed a breath. Setting the magazine aside Sehun scooted back onto the bed. “Come sleep.”

“No, you go ahead. I have to look for that damn suitcase,” Namjoo said and walked out of the room. Sighing despaired by her, Sehun threw his head back and let himself flop onto the bed. This was so frustrating. Why couldn’t she forget that stupid suitcase, that stupid work trip, and just lay in bed with him?

§§§§§

The following day when Namjoo returned from work he watched her lug a brand new suitcase through the door.

“Where’d you get that?” Sehun asked from the dining room doorway.

“Oh, it was on sale at the store,” Namjoo said pulling it up beside her. “Isn’t it nice? Yunyeong bought one too. It’s so big! I’ll have room for souveniors, too. Now I don’t mind losing my old one.”

Sehun wanted to wipe off that huge smile on her face. He spent the rest of the evening hissing through dinner then watching her decide what to pack.

Namjoo was off and in the air the following day. By the time her airplane hit the air loneliness penetrated him. Hours was what it felt like since Namjoo made the move to be with him again, but were they really together? A lot still needed to be healed in their relationship. Did sharing a bed again make everything ok?

Sehun was so distressed.

The entire week was too long a stretch of time. Sehun barely made it a day without making the expensive call overseas just to have a minute talk with Namjoo. It was horrible, maybe not as bad as when Namjoo refused to return home but it was still bad. For once it felt as if he really had no life of his own. Chul was caught up with preparing for school and work and he…well, he did practically nothing but stay home.

Out of that entire week Namjoo was gone he looked at the calendar 30 times. Sehun barely slept the day before her arrival home. He’d cleaned the entire house, did laundry, and stocked up on dinner then lay in bed and stared at the ceiling until the break of dawn. Grabbing his keys he rushed to his car and headed straight to the airport, arriving five hours early. He paced, sat, ate, and drank coffee while watching the time and checking the schedule board. He was an overly eager husband and Namjoo would be embarrassed of him, but what did he care? She was coming home to him.

Sehun waited, waited, and waited. His hopes shot up sky high when the doors opened and people began filing out. Eyes searched the people, watching enviously as each walked right into the arms of loved ones. But no Namjoo.

Why?

He panicked. Did he get the time wrong? Certainly not. He’d spoken with Namjoo and she had given him the specific time of her flight. He wasn’t wrong.

Couldn’t be.

He still panicked.

Walking right over to the help desk he talked with the airport employee. The information he had received was indeed correct. Namjoo should have arrived safely, but she wasn’t here.

WHY?!

“Why don’t you try calling her?” the employee suggested. “She could have missed her flight.”

Of course, why hadn’t he thought of that beforehand?

Nervously chewing off his nails he pulled out his phone and immediately called Namjoo. She picked up in a heartbeat. Without letting her answer, he quickly interrogated, “Where are you? I’ve been waiting for your flight.”

“I’m at my parents,” she replied lightheartedly.

He went stone cold, almost became angry. “What?!”

“I took an early flight,” she baselessly explained. “I’m at my parents.”

Swiveling around he rushed toward the exit, “Why didn’t you tell me? You should have told me!”

His insides screamed. He’d waited all week, arrived so early just to greet her with wide open arms and where had she gone?!

To her parents!

He arrived to, “Sehun! What a surprise. We were going to drop Namjoo off at home in a bit. Come in, come in.”

He stared at Namjoo angrily but fought hard not to show it in front of her parents. There were bags on the table – their gifts probably.

“Are you hungry?” her mother wondered. “It would be so nice if you two stayed for lunch.”

Sehun was inclined to say yes because this was her parents’ house and it was his mother-in-law talking, but he honestly wanted to take Namjoo home. He wanted alone time with her. He desperately wanted to be alone with her.

“Don’t bother them,” Namjoo’s father stepped in. “Our daughter just got back, she must be tired.”

“It’s all right. I slept a lot on the plane,” Namjoo said. His eyes grew stern on her. Why oh why?

“Get some rest,” her father urged. “Make sure to come back for dinner sometime.”

“But I wanted to stay longer,” Namjoo reluctantly stood.

“Sehun looks restless,” his father nodded his way. “Don’t keep him waiting.”

“Oh no, it’s ok,” Sehun lied, but maybe a man’s intuition was stronger than a woman’s – his wife, he bitterly thought.

“Go on,” her father urged.

“Then we’ll be going now,” Sehun grabbed Namjoo’s suitcase. The farewell lasted another minute then finally they were out the door. His insides yelped happily.

“I was so excited to get home, I forgot to call,” Namjoo apologized. “Did you wait long?”

“We’ll talk when we get home,” he said opening the trunk of his car and that was when they froze. Namjoo’s very red suitcase, the one she had sought, the one he’d hidden stared back up at them.

Eyes darting to the side cowardly he hurriedly wondered if he could get out of this. Glancing at Namjoo he grinned guiltily. “Oh…so that’s where it’s been.”

Her eyes narrowed and he feared he had soured the mood. Without saying anything Namjoo walked away and got into the car. The drive home was as silent as the service at church. As he carried her two suitcases in Namjoo said brushing by, “I’ll be in the kitchen.”

Sighing, he watched her walk away. Was she upset?

Sehun quickly returned downstairs after leaving the suitcases on the floor of their bedroom. Namjoo was hovering over the stove when he walked in. He also noticed the sink water was running. She was cooking.

“I can…” he began but she cut him off.

“Just sit,” Namjoo instructed. “I learned this from the bride’s aunt over there. She runs a bar on the island, isn’t that interesting? We had some super delicious drinks.”

“You got drunk?” Sehun asked seated at the table, staring at her back.

“No.” she denied then said, “Yes, but it wasn’t bad drunk. I didn’t get a hangover.”

He’d kill her if she got that drunk.

“What else did you do?” he asked.

“The wedding was so beautiful,” Namjoo breathed, her voice giving way to the delightful memory. He listened to her story, the busy but fruitful day, and that she cried listening to the groom and bride’s vows, that it was the most beautiful moment anyone could share.

Namjoo glowed. She looked a thousand worlds different from the Namjoo who had lost their baby and shunned him from her world. From where he sat she breathed smiles, her voice exploding with stars. Her memory no longer tainted, but filled to the brim with bright, blooming flowers, a path to walk and travel, and he was eager to discover what lay beyond it. Because an eternity ago, only Namjoo talked to him like this.

That Namjoo, he missed her dearly.

He hesitated, pondering, wondering if Namjoo was ready, if this was a sign for him. Whatever, he thought. He would do it. He wanted to do this. He needed to do this.

He missed her.

Too much.

Standing up he walked toward her, closed the long gap between them. Arms wrapped around her from behind, drowning in the warmth of her back against his front, her soft hair tingling against his right cheek. Leaning over her shoulder he sought for the lips he longed for. They were warm, tender, and everything he remembered.

Reaching to the side to turn the stove off he slowly turned her around, their lips still intact because he would die if he went a second without tasting her. What was even better than this was that Namjoo never let go. They kissed for a long time, his tongue traveling over hers, reminiscing, bathing in every second of her intimacy, her hands around his arms, her body to his.

His Namjoo.

This was her.

Moving a breath away with their noses brushing, Sehun drunkenly gazed into her eyes. She was still so beautiful, and she was his. Only his.

Closing his eyes once again he leaned in to kiss her again.

They ate and he spent the evening listening to her tell him about her week there. When they tired, they headed upstairs. Namjoo pulled out the only gift she got for him from her suitcase. A plain gray shirt with a printed picture of the Bahamas on it.

Sehun stared at it, turned it over and over hoping to find some other surprise. There was nothing.

“Isn’t it neat?” Namjoo asked as he recalled the bundle of bags at her parents earlier.

“Oh…” he muttered. To act surprised or show the truth? He went with the safest bet. “I like it.”

Namjoo innocently grinned at him. He planned to make it a pajama out of it.

“I’m tired. I’m going to go shower first.” Namjoo said getting up from the floor.

“Go ahead.”

Sehun waited for the bathroom door to close before hurrying off the bed. Throwing over the lid of her suitcase he searched through her clothes and the other stuff she had in there. There was really nothing else for him. Sitting back, he sighed. Namjoo really defeated him. She was probably playing with him at the center of her hands, intentionally making him yearn for more than she would give.

Namjoo was knocked out cold when he came out after his shower. She appeared so cozy under the sheets his heart fluttered. Joining her under the blanket he moved close, wrapped his arm around her.

“I missed you,” he whispered, burying his face into her hair.


***xDDDD

***I'm running behind schedule. I'll be busy this week and out of town this weekend, so this might as well be the only update for this week. I work again next week, and I might remind you I work nights 7 days straight so it's very difficult for me to get on the computer because I need sleep during the day. I'll be back after that so we can finish this story and hit up Celebritiy Girlfriend finally =D