The One That Got Away

Intertwined Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Watching his frowning expression made her heart clouded for a while that she doesn’t want to keep looking at that face. She slowly faced the other side as she could feel his footstep going out from her ward. She couldn’t hide the fact that her heart clenched when she heard his worried tone and expression. Does it mean that he still has feelings towards her? After the big argument towards them and with him having a fiancé, is he still developing his feelings for her? Her head ached and her body doesn’t feel right currently that she doesn’t want to think much of that stuff firstly. She felt so suffocated already and she doesn’t want to add more pressure in herself.

“What’s happening with me? Why am I here, oppa?” Shin-Hye asked and looked at Gyun-Sang.

Gyun-Sang let out a weak smile and asked her to lean back onto her bed. “You ran out of breath and that made you fainted. You have been sleeping for 10 hours.” Gyun-Sang replied.

Shin-Hye sighed. “I should be telling Shin-Won oppa that I wasn’t feeling well earlier.” 

“I think it’s better for you to stay for tonight and you can discharge tomorrow afternoon as your injury wasn’t very serious but I suggest you to get rest firstly.” Gyun-Sang said and his hand slowly her hair gently. 

Shin-Hye nodded lightly. “Thanks for taking care of me. I’m sorry if I made you worried.” She uttered with a gentle smile.

Gyun-Sang couldn’t help but to reply that with a genuine smile as well. “Rest well. I’ll see you tomorrow.” He replied and slowly pulled the comforter up before leaving Shin-Hye’s ward. 

He closed the door lightly so that it won’t make any sound that would disturb her. He let out a deep sigh and sat himself down on the bench nearby. The scene just now was so clear in his mind. It’s so clear that he still saw these two people still developing feeling for each other. How long has it passed? Half year? More than that. How long did they date? A year? No. It’s less than 8 months but why it seems so hard for these two people to forget each other? 

Gyun-Sang doesn’t understand why Shin-Hye could like that guy so much. He’s such a jerk that he gave up on her. What does she see in him? What does Lee Min Ho has that he doesn’t? Yes. Lee Min Ho is wealthy businessman and the heir to a big business empire but he’s also a doctor and a heir to a big hospital corporation as well. He clearly doesn’t understand. Why does he like Shin-Hye that much also? Why is he trapped in this kind of circumstances? Should he keep on going or stop here? Is there any space in her heart left for him? He won’t ask for much. Just a tiny space in heart and hoping that there’s a chance where she could reply his feeling but when would that time come? Or it won’t come? 

**

Lee Min Ho arrived his apartment with a heavy heart. He simply went through a hot shower that he really needs time to think now. He needs to digest what’s happening earlier. He ignored everything for one moment including all of the calls and texts from his phone. He knew who’s the caller and the texter that he doesn’t feel like replying just now. Is this what you called as regretness? He was hell worried about her when she’s lying down there like a dead corpse. Is that mean that there’s feeling left in him for her? He tried to ease that feeling in the past 8 months but the feeling has yet to fade. Even with a fiancé with him all this while, he still couldn’t forget it as it’s never once he has feeling for his fiancé, Se-Kyung. 

Now that he admits it that he regret for not fighting for her. He regrets it that he gave up on her. He regrets it that he didn’t try harder for her. He regrets it that he’s such a coward.

After coming out from the shower, he simply dried his body and his hair before going to his studies to drown himself into his work again. This is the only way for him to distract himself for whatever happening right now. His body is tired but still he forced himself to work although he knew it so well that what he needs right now is rest. Just right when he turn on his tablet, his phone vibrated again, signing that someone called him. 
He took a glance. Just as expected. It’s Se-Kyung. Thinking about the calls he ignored already all day, now he decided to pick it up. He still has heart at least.

With a heavy sigh, he answered it. “Yeoboseyo.” 

A little shriek was heard through his ear so clear. It’s so obvious that Se-Kyung was annoyed. “Oppa! Where have you been all day?”

What is he supposed to answer her? No. He doesn’t have any intention to tell her about what happened about Shin-Hye. Moreover, he never really talked anything about his private things before. It’s not that he doesn’t want to tell her but it’s because he thought that she’s not the right person for him to tell his story to. There’s always one person that always passed his mind and that person is the only person that he ever told his story to. Yes, she’s the one who got away. 

“Office matters. Se-Kyung ah. I feel so tired and it’s 1 in the morning. You should get some rest as well.” Min-Ho purposely say so that she will disconnect the line but seems like she won’t.

“But, oppa..”

“I’ll see you tomorrow.” He cut her line and without waiting for her respond, he just simply disconnect the line and threw his phone onto his bed before rested himself on the king size bed. 

Shin-Hye ya. How are you doing? Oppa missed you so much.

**

Park Shin Hye woke up with heavy eyes and yes, she’s still in the hospital and probably tonight will be her last day in the hospital until she could discharge tomorrow. She felt like throwing up if she ought to stay for another day here. She dislike

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter