The Party

Intertwined Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin-Hye took a very deep breath before exhaling sharply. Just in a blink of eye she lost almost everything that she built on her own. She lost her apartment to live. She lost her job and she only hopes that she will not lost that man. The man that she loves very much and willing to fight for, she only wished that she will not lost him as well. She was quite surprise when she found out from the news that she’s officially kicked out from the show she’s hosting currently. She could only sighed annoyingly by how Min-Ho’s father deal things with her. She’s not gonna lie that he’s smart. He knew that things couldn’t be done using his money and he used his power instead. Firing her from the show she’s currently hosting is not a big deal since he’s the chairman of that company. She’s not gonna deny that it hurts her a little. He didn’t say anything when he met her in his office days ago but then when she checked the news, she’s already fired. She simply contacted the producer and had a rendezvous with the production team and yes, they’re terminating their contract with her and in the end, she’s going to say goodbye to her announcer career that she just worked on recently.

She took out her phone while glancing to her luggage that she packed already, searching for her brother’s phone number. She waited until the fourth ring and Shin-Won directly picked up. “Oppa, can you bring me home now?” She pleaded, expressionless. “I will explain everything to you and appa but for now, I want to go home.” She added. The home she meant is the Park Mansion.

Just right the time when Shin-Hye arrived home, she directly threw herself into her father’s arms, resting her head on his shoulder. This is really what she needs, a shoulder that will always available for her to lean on. Mr. Park slowly his daughter’s back gently, soothing her. She doesn’t need to tell him everything because he knew it already. He knew it, everything that he needs to know. “Are you hungry? Do you want something to eat?” He asked with a gentle voice. He knew it clearly that what his daughter needs right now is a shelter and someone to support her.

Shin-Hye shook her head. “Do appa have any question to ask?” Shin-Won has asked a lot of question to her but none of them were being answered by her. She just simply told him that she’s tired.

“It’s better for you to go to rest right now. You can answer appa’s question later on. For now, make sure that you’re fine first.” Mr. Park replied. He’s an understanding father. He doesn’t want to add more pressure for his daughter.

Shin-Won dragged her luggage. “Let’s go to your room.” He said and Shin-Hye just followed him obediently.

They went upstairs and right when the time they arrived her room. Shin-Won placed her luggage in her room. “I know that what you’re going through is not easy, Shin-Hye ya. I just hope that you can stay strong and don’t hide yourself in darkness like last time.” He advised. He’s not happy too seeing his sister being like this. He knew it that she’s sad but he doesn’t want her to lock herself in her own world.

Shin-Hye let out a light smile to her brother. “Thank you, oppa.”

**

The Park family finally having a quality tea time in the garden behind their house. The two men kept on chatting about either business or politics thing that Shin-Hye barely understand. Her mind is currently clouded right now. You can definitely guess who is she thinking about. Min-Ho. She just starred at her cup of tea without bothering to take a sip of it.

Mr. Park cleared his throat. “Shin-Hye ya. You don’t like the tea? I thought you like jasmine tea.” He questioned as Shin-Hye just starred at her tea, doing nothing.

“I was fired.” She spoke it out without anyone questioning her.

Mr. Park smiled genuinely. “We know. Just what happened between you and Lee Kyu Han’s son?” He asked gently.

Shin-Hye smiled sadly. “We were okay until I met his father yesterday. He was damn furious and I don’t know how to face Min-Ho oppa now. I have been avoiding him this few days.” She replied with her eyes looking blankly. She told both her brother and her father about the conversation she had with Min-Ho’s father. Shin-Won couldn’t help it but being so furious.

Shin-Won rolled his eyes in annoyance. “What is that old man thinking about? Does he wish to die right now?” He almost hit the table but Mr. Park is fast enough to hold his hanger.

“Calm down, Shin-Won ah!” Mr. Park warned.

Shin-Won glared sharply at his sister. “I heard that he’s going to engage soon. Is that true?” He asked and he seems to be so mad.
Shin-Hye let out a sigh and nodded. “It’s his father who arranged the engagement. He opposed it.”

“Even if he opposed it, does he has anything to empower his father? Everything he has now is being inherited by his father. Do you think he has power to stop it?” Shin-Won’s anger kept on going. “I never thought this Lee Min Ho will be this kind of douchebag.” He added as he gritted his teeth in annoyance.

Mr. Park knew it might be hard for his daughter and he kinda regret for letting his daughter to get close to Min-Ho. If he stopped her, will things be like this? “So, what are both of you planning now? He’s getting engage and do you still want to be with him?” He’s not gonna lie that he’s a little hurt as well when he knew that his daughter is hurt.

Shin-Hye was stunned. She doesn’t know how to answer her father. Can she say yes? Can she say that her heart still wants to be with him when her brain said to let him go? Maybe what people say is true. People tends to be brainless when it comes to love and she finally understand what it meant now. She’s speechless for quite some time before Shin-Won spoke out something that made her eyes widen in surprise.

“Let him go.” Shin-Won uttered.

Shin-Hye’s eyes was widen in surprise. “What? No!”

Shin-Won was agape when he heard Shin-Hye spontaneous answer. “Are you crazy?! That bastard is going to engage soon and you still want to wait for him? Do you want to be sort of his mistress?” Shin-Won snapped. 

Mr. Park was also surprised when listening to what Shin-Won said just now. He knew that he is mad seeing his little sister being treated this way but his words are just too much. “Park Shin Won!” Mr. Park raised his voice in order to stop him from saying that hurtful words further.

Shin-Hye couldn’t bear with it anymore as she’s currently holding her tears already. “I don’t know. I don’t know!!” She shouted and quickly run back to her room, doesn’t want to let them see her, shedding her tears already.

Mr. Park glared at Shin-Won angrily. “No matter how mad you were, you have no rights to speak to Shin-Hye that way. You better apologize to her now.” He said, strictly.

Shin-Won only sighed when his father left. He massaged his temple as he knew that he is wrong too by saying that harsh word to his own sister. He wants to protect her but why he ended up hurting her? This is not right. He gathered all of his courage stand up and head to Shin-Hye’s room right now. He knew that he ought to apologize now. He knocked the door lightly and there’s no answer from Shin-Hye.

“Shin-Hye ya. Can I come in?” He asked from outside but still no answer. “Shin-Hye ya!” He called again and waited for a while but the respond is not positive. She didn’t answer him. Feeling a little uneasy because he kept on waiting, he simply barged into her room. His brows created a crease when he couldn’t find her in her bedroom. He searched her closet and she’s not there as well but then slowly he heard some voices coming from the balcony. He rushed to the balcony and yes, she was there, standing while starring at the night sky.

“What are you doing?” Shin-Won asked as he walked closer to her.
Shin-Hye took a quick glance at him before turning back to look at the night sky. “He is not a bastard.” She said while both of them have been silent for quite some time.

Shin-Won chuckled. “So, is he a good man?” He asked again. It hurts him when he saw tear marks on her face.

Shin-Hye smiled and nodded lightly. “He’s kind and honest.” She uttered. “Unlike me. I lied to him. I lied to him about me.” She added.

Shin-Won shook his head disbelieve. “You still hasn’t told him? Are you out of your mind? Now that I get it why his father engage him to other woman.”

Shin-Hye sighed. “Are you trying to add salt into my wound?” She looked at her brother who seemed to be sorry towards her.

“Shin-Hye ya, I’m sorry, I don’t mean..”

“Why is it so hard to love and to be loved?” Shin-Hye cut his word in advance, making him a little confuse with her words.

“Shin-Hye ya…”

Shin-Hye looked at her brother. “What should I do, oppa? What should I do to get him back?” She asked while a drop of tears finally fell down from her crystal eyes.

“There’s a way.” Shin-Won said in a very firm tone. “Reveal to him and his father about your true self. When his father know that you’re a heiress, he will have no choice but to beg for apology from you.” He added.

Shin-Hye’s frowned. “I heard that they’re tying a business project with each other. Is it possible?” She’s a little unsure.

Shin-Won patted her shoulder lightly. “At least you pay back the humiliation he gave.” He replied. “This upcoming Christmas, which is two days from now, it will be our company’s 35th anniversary gala dinner. A lot of business people that have connection with us will be invited including Lee Min Ho and his father. I think appa also invited HeoLong Group’s people as appa is also one of their stockholder. In that party, you have to reveal everything. You have to reveal your true self to the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter