The First Storm

Intertwined Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Park Shin Hye’s lips curved up when she looked at the big bouquet of red tulips. She knew that this symbolize love and she couldn’t hide her happiness when she looked at the card that’s attached in the bouquet. She doesn’t need to guess who is the sender because she knew it clearly. It’s Min-Ho. She chuckled a little when she realized one thing, this cold yet arrogant man could even think of something sweet like this.

I have nothing to write but to say that I love you.
Have a nice day, my sunshine.
- Min-Ho

“I love you too.” She mumbled softly while inhaling the sweet scent that the fresh tulips offered.

Min-Na aka Shin-Hye’s hair stylist simply threw herself beside her and looked at Shin-Hye who is currently smiling like an idiot. “Another bouquet? I wonder if he has a big garden with different types of flower. He sent it to you almost everyday months ago.” She said.

It’s a fact then. Min-Ho sent flowers to the studio pretty often that of course catch a lot of people’s attention. She knew it clearly that Min-Ho’s action made almost everyone pay more attention to Shin-Hye that she always told him to stop but he didn’t listen. At least he sent it to her once in a while now. “I know. He just wouldn’t stop.” Shin-Hye chuckled.

Min-Na looked amused when she sees Shin-Hye like this. Is this what people call ‘falling in love’? Even love could make a beast like Lee Min Ho to be like a soft lamb in front of Shin-Hye. “You’re really a lucky girl. Your boyfriend is a rich man. You don’t need to worry about the future. You will absolutely living in wealth if you marry him. ” Min-Na said.

Min-Na was wrong. Shin-Hye is indeed worried about the future but no, not about the money. She could even be rich without doing anything but that’s not what she’s worrying. She doesn’t dare to imagine how will be her future with Min-Ho. What will happen if one day Min-Ho knows the truth that she’s actually an heiress? She knew that she’s currently lying to him and she ought to tell him sooner but she just couldn’t find the right situation. “I don’t care wether he’s rich or poor. What matters are he has a good heart and he is a good man.” Shin-Hye replied and smiled softly but then she overheard the conversation between these two ladies that passed by which she regretted so much that she paid attention. She should have just ignored it.

“It’s impossible for Lee Sajang to like that girl. She should be the one who seduce him.”

“Do you mean that newbie announcer? Of course she’s the one who seduce him. I don’t think Lee Sajang is the type of sweet and romantic who will send flowers. Just look at how he treats his workers. He’s nowhere near someone like that.”

“She must be the one who whined to Lee Sajang. I couldn’t even think straight right now. There’s a lot of pretty actresses, models and idols out there but why this random announcer? I even heard that Lee Sajang rejected a lot of heiresses that come from wealthy family. Just what is she? What’s so good about her except her pretty face?”

“I could just think that maybe she’s the descendants of the nine-tailed fox. She’s just too dangerous.”

That short conversation felt like bullets that shot right into her heart. No. There’s not even once she seduced Min-Ho. It’s Min-Ho who kept on coming closer to her. Min-Na looked at Shin-Hye in pity and when she stood up to look after that two ladies, Shin-Hye simply stopped her by grabbing her wrist, gesturing her not to.

Min-Na looked at Shin-Hye in surprised. She widen her eyes at Shin-Hye. “Why did you stop me? They need to pay for what they have done!” She felt angry as well for a moment.

Shin-Hye forced a light smile. “It’s okay. They don’t even know me. They don’t know Min-Ho oppa either so that they think that way. Just let them be.” She replied easily.

Min-Na looked at her disbelieve. “Why are you being so kind? People like that don’t deserve kindness.” She raised her voice already but Shin-Hye still remains calm.

Shin-Hye then grabbed her arms. “Let’s go grab some nice food for dinner, okay?” 

Min-Na chuckled a little. “I’m afraid that you can’t since your Min-Ho oppa is here for you already.”

Shin-Hye was a little agape and when she turned around, Min-Na was right. Her Min-Ho oppa is here already, waiting for her. He’s leaning to the wall with both of his hands tucked into the pocket. Gosh, he was so hot. “I’m afraid that I have to borrow your bestfriend’s time for a while tonight.” He approached both of them.

“Why didn’t you tell me that you’re coming?” Shin-Hye asked while Min-Ho already circling his hands on her shoulders.

“Why do I even need a permission to see my girlfriend?” Min-Ho replied easily.

“Seems like I need to go now. I have things to do as well. Have a nice dinner, you two.” Min-Na said and waved her hands as she’s saying goodbye.

Now that it’s only Shin-Hye and Min-Ho left. “Let’s go.” Min-Ho said and pulled Shin-Hye to the exit as they’re already holding each other’s hand.

Just as this two walked through the parking lot, pairs of eyes are looking at them and definitely making them the limelight but Min-Ho could careless. He doesn’t care what people think. He doesn’t care what people will do as long as he’s happy when he’s with her. When they made their way to the parking lot, surprisingly Min-Ho stopped walking and his grip on Shin-Hye’s hand become a little tighter. Shin-Hye realized the weirdness in his grip and directly looked at him. His eyes are looking straight to the front. She carefully followed to where his eyes are looking at and she found out that he’s currently starring at the middle aged man who’s walking towards their direction. She could already figure out who this middle aged man is. His father.

“Let’s just go.” Min-Ho said in sudden and walked fast forward but seems like his father is also fast enough to approach both of them.

“Where are you going?” Mr. Lee asked his son and the next thing that caught his eyes was they’re intertwined their fingers together. It simply annoys him a lot.

Min-Ho’s expression changed into the cold one. Shin-Hye could see that his jaw tighten as well. “Does that really matter?” He replied coldly.

It feels a little uncomfortable for a second when Mr. Lee squinted his eyes when he’s looking at Shin-Hye. Shin-Hye simply smiled softly and bowed politely. “Annyeonghaseyo. I’m Park Shin Hye.” She said politely.

Mr. Lee could just smirk. “What a pleasant day that I could see both of you together. I bet you must be on your way for dinner. Park Shin Hye-Ssi, why don’t you come to our house for a dinner with Min-Ho?” He said.

Min-Ho’s jaw tightened even more and it angered him. What is this old man trying to do? “Abeoji!” He raised his voice.

Before Min-Ho could continue even more, Shin-Hye grabbed his wrist and stopped him. She looked at him with pleading gaze, asking him not to do anything stupid. “Yes. Thanks for your invitation, Mr. Lee.” Shin-Hye replied politely and Min-Ho was like ‘what are you doing?’

“Good. I’ll see you in our residence before 8, okay?” Mr. Lee replied and went away.

Min-Ho sighed in annoyance once his father is gone. “What are you doing? Why do you even agreed on his offer?” He asked Shin-Hye.

Shin-Hye linked her hand on his arm. “Let’s give it a try this time.” She tried her best to coax him and squeeze his hand softly. Min-Ho couldn’t think any further but to follow Shin-Hye’s decision.

On the other hand, Shin-Hye doesn’t have any bad institution in accepting Mr. Lee’s offer. She just simply wants Min-Ho to have a better relationship with his father. She hopes that he wound in his heart will slowly heal but it couldn’t be forgotten because it already leaves a scar that can’t be erased. At least she hopes that the thing between them will be slightly better. No matter what, Mr. Lee is his biological father.

**

“Are you sure you want to do this?” Min-Ho looked at Shin-Hye who’s beside him one more time.

Shin-Hye smiled gently at him and nodded. It’s not like Min-Ho doesn’t want to introduce Shin-Hye to his f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter