California

Intertwined Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A month later, Los Angeles, California, United States.

Min-Ho sighed deeply. His eyes are glued to the view in front of him. He couldn’t believe it that he’s now here in the states. What has he done all this while? He massaged his forehead that seemed so heavy from just now. He’s definitely frustrated. The view in front of him are so mesmerizing that he could see Los Angeles from above but his heart is currently so clouded that he can’t really enjoy it. He couldn’t think straight right now. He’s not here to vacation nor leisure time. Maybe he should get some rest firstly instead of thinking too much like this.

“What are you doing? Aren’t you tired?”

Min-Ho turned and looked at the source of that voice. He forced a smile before finally taking a seat on the couch. He couldn’t sleep well this few days as he kept thinking what will happen once he arrived in LA. He is indeed tired because it is a 14 hours flight from Incheon to LA. He even booked the business class seat, thinking that he could at least take a rest in the plane but he was wrong. He couldn’t even have a peaceful sleep during the flight.

“Go have a shower and take a rest. I know you must be very tired and you ought to be ready for tomorrow.” Shin-Hye patted her boyfriend’s shoulder as she’s giving support to him. She doesn’t know if she’s doing the right thing for Min-Ho or not because she is the one who brought both of them here. “I’ll see you tomorrow, oppa.” She said before finally walking out from his room. No, they don’t stay in the same room because her brother will have cut Min-Ho’s throat if they stay together and She knows it clearly that Min-Ho might need some time to be alone.

“Wait.” Said Min-Ho.

Shin-Hye turned around and approached Min-Ho who are still sitting on the couch. She simply took a seat beside him and placed his head on her shoulder. “I don’t know if this is so hard for you. I would not insist you to come to America if I know you will behave like this.” She scrubbed his head gently from behind as she’s trying to calm him down from his frustration. “You can cry if you want. I wouldn’t mind.” She added and just right then, she can feel his shoulders are shaking. She could even hear his sobs.

Now that she couldn’t hold it anymore that her tears begin to flow down as well. She understands his feelings as she has been there before. Today, his cold and reluctant personality broke down in front of her. He is also a human. He has feelings too. “Cry. Cry as much as you want if it can make you feel better.” She hugs him and keep on patting his back as she’s soothing him. She doesn’t want to talk much because she knew that he is not in the right condition for a conversation. She just wants to make sure that he is okay, at least for now.

They stayed in that position for quite some time until no voice could be heard anymore. “Are you calmer now?” Shin-Hye asked gently, afraid if he might break down again.

Min-Ho let go of her hug and looked down as he’s so embarrassed right now. He’s crying like a little baby in front of his girlfriend. He has always been making sure that people will see him as a cold and reluctant person but that image is broken today. He couldn’t hold it anymore. He has feelings too.

Shin-Hye erased his tears and lift up his face so that she could see his face clearly. He is definitely so messy right now. His eyes are a little swollen as well. “It’s okay to cry because we are human. Every human has their own weakness and crying does not mean that we are weak. I know that you have been carrying so much burden with you but from now on, you can share that burden with me.” She said and caressed his cheeks softly. She just loves this man so much.

Just right so, Min-Ho pulled her into his hug. “Park Shin Hye, what would I do without you?” He uttered with a very soft voice. He is indeed so grateful for the woman in front of him. From this day forward, he promised himself, he will never let her go.

“You should really clean up yourself now as you look so messy. Get a rest as we need to go to the hospital early tomorrow.” Said Shin-Hye and Min-Ho only answered her with a nod.

Just as how Min-Ho predicted. He couldn’t sleep for the whole night. The sky has gone bright but he is still wide awake. He thought that he could at least get a few hours of sleep today as the hotel he is staying now does provide a comfortable bed and his body is so tired already. However, his brain couldn’t stop thinking and a lot of scenarios are playing inside his head. He is so tired that he wants to end all of this as soon as possible. He wants to go back to Korea already and dunk all of his frustration on to his work. For one second, he wants to run away from the reality. Could he?

Shin-Hye sipped her tea and sighed when she saw that Min-Ho is just stirring his soup without having any intention to eat it. “I know that you must have no appetite recently but please at least eat a little or you will get sick.” She reminded as she’s worried.

“Yes? What did you say just now?” Min-Ho looked at her, expressionless.

Shin-Hye knew that he is lost in his thought again as he does not hear anything she says just now. “Eat.” She repeated again.

“Oh. Yes.” He quickly took a few spoon to his mouth. No matter how tasty the food was, all of it taste bland for him. He usually has big appetite when it comes to buffet restaurant but today, he couldn’t even finish a bowl of soup. He only took a few spoon and drank a cup of orange juice. He really doesn’t feel like eating anymore.

“Are you done? Should we go now?” Shin-Hye asked once she saw him wiping his mouth already which might indicate that he is done eating. Just like how she predicted, Min-Ho just replied with a nod.

They went out from the hotel that they are currently staying and a black car has been waiting for them. The chauffer opened the door for both of them to enter before finally start driving the car to their destination. Both of them stayed silent for quite some time. Shin-Hye looked at Min-Ho just to check on him. His body is so tense and he kept on looking outside of the window. She just let him be. He is not in the right condition to be disturbed. After 30 minutes of driving, the car finally stops in front of a big building. The chauffer informed them that they have arrive in their destination.

“Thank You.” Shin-Hye uttered before stepping her feet out from the car. Just right when she went down, she could see a lot of people are going back and forth. “Are you sure you can do this?” She asked Min-Ho for one last time just to make sure if he is ready.

Min-Ho nodded. “Yes. Let’s go.” He intertwined their hands together and walked towards the hospital.

The smells of medicine and alcohols are the one who welcomed them once they enter the hospital. If you think that they come to hospital because one of them is sick, you are wrong. These two people are both very healthy that they are not here for any medical treatments. They approached the receptionist right away to get some information. When they reached the receptionist counter, the nurse welcomed them with a friendly gesture.

“How can I help you?” She asked politely.

Shin-Hye replied with a smiled. “May I ask where is the room of Mrs. Ester Kim?” Shin-Hye asked right away because her English is way more fluent than Min-Ho.

The nurse looked a little confused. “Are you her family relatives?” She asked again because she just couldn’t give the patient’s information easily.

Shin-Hye nodded. “I think Doctor Gyun-Sang Yoon has confirmed that we are coming today.” She added and the nurse nodded as she understands it.

“Oh. Both of you are Ms. Shin-Hye Park and Mr. Min-Ho Lee? I’m sorry that I couldn’t recognize both of you. Doctor Yoon has confirmed with us about your visit. Do you mind if I borrow your ID card or Passport?” The nurse asked again. This time just to make sure if they are really the person that Gyun-Sang mentioned earlier. This person is very cautious, Min-Ho thought.

After several identity screening, the nurse finally let both Shin-Hye and Min-Ho to know the information about the whereabouts of a person that they are looking for. Shin-Hye could see that her boyfriend is definitely trembling and sweating although the hospital building is currently so warm. Is he this nervous?

She tightened her grips around his arm. “You have to stop worrying because you will be okay.” She again patted his back as she’s giving support to him.

The elevator stopped and he knows that they only have to walk a little bit more and they have arrived in their real destination. The main reason why they fly from Seoul to California. His steps slow down when he heard that familiar voice. He dared himself to took a few step forward and he could see the patient inside the room that they have been looking for. He was shocked, agape and startled. He doesn’t know what to do next as he felt like all of his body is frozen for a while. Just right at that time, a tear flow down from his beautiful eyes again. His knees felt weak for a moment that he almost fell down if Shin-Hye didn’t fast enough to catch him.

A word finally came out from his lips.

“Eomma.”

**

A month ago, Seoul, South Korea.

It was a peaceful Sunday until Shin-Hye rushed to Min-Ho’s apartment right after she read the message from Gyun-Sang. She quickly grabs her coat, puts on her shoes and goes to the garage right away. She ignored her brother who asked where is she going to because she seemed to be in hurry. She’s definitely in hurry that she doesn’t have time to tell her brother where is she going. She started the engine and drove as fast as she can to reach Min-Ho’s apartment. It was 30 minutes ride and she ran towards the elevator right after she parked her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter