An invitation

Intertwined Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What? You’re working as an announcer? Are you serious?” Jong-Kook almost choked when he heard the reason why Shin-Hye was in LBC building.

Shin-Hye automatically pinched Jong-Kook’s arm when he almost shouted. “Why are you so surprised? Oppa, I graduated with broadcasting degree remember?” Shin-Hye replied.

Jongkook took a piece of meat and put it into his mouth and slowly savoring the juicy meat before replying Shin-Hye’s sentence. “You should have just helped your father and your brother at the company. I think your father will be happier if you work in his company rather than being an announcer.” Jongkook replied.

Shin-Hye sighed when she heard Jongkook’s words. What does that mean? Just to be honest, her interest towards business is not that high compared to her brother’s. That’s why she chose a different path from her brother. “Am I not qualified as an announcer in your eyes?” She asked and pouted.

Jongkook chuckled when he looked at her. “Shin-Hye ya. I didn’t mean to offend you. You’re beautiful and talented. Of course you’re qualified but it’s just a little odd for me since the Shin-Hye that I used to know is a spoiled girl.” Jongkook replied.

“People change oppa and I grow up. I’m no more that spoiled girl and I have learnt to be independent as well. I’m not going to give up.” Shin-Hye said.

“That’s a good one, Shin-Hye ya. I’m proud of you.” Jongkook slightly her hair gently.

Shin-Hye chuckled softly as Jongkook also said the same thing as what her father and her brother said. “But oppa, I have things to ask. Why are you in LBC building?” Shin-Hye asked.

Jongkook was a little startled with Shin-Hye’s sudden question. He kept on touching his hair while thinking on what answer he should give. “Ah. That one,” He seemed a little awkward.

Shin-Hye gasped in surprise when she realized what Jongkook’s gesture means. “Oppa, perhaps are you seeing a girl at the moment?” She asked and Jongkook’s cheek suddenly turned red as he’s blushing a little.”Oppa! Why are you blushing? Am I right?” Shin-Hye quickly bombarded him with questions.

Jongkook scoffed. “Just eat your food.” He replied softly and again Shin-Hye was chuckled teasingly at him.

**

After having that quick lunch with Jongkook, Shin-Hye immediately went back to LBC building. She’s lucky that it’s Jongkook who drop her by. She walked into the building and the first thing she saw was Lee Min Ho standing in front of her with both of his hand tucked into his pants’ pocket. His gaze was so sharp and she was a little startled with that gaze but she ought to be polite right.

She bowed politely to Min-Ho and greeted him as well. “Annyeonghaseyo, sajangnim.” She said and just walked pass Min-Ho.

“Shin-Hye ya.” Min-Ho said when Shin-Hye walked right beside her. It’s so loud and clear. He’s sure that she heard that.

Shin-Hye stopped her step when she heard her name was being called. She turned around and found Min-Ho who’s smiling widely at her. She was startled. Shin-Hye ya. It’s not that they’re really close for him to call her name like that. When she was still looking blankly at Min-Ho, Min-Ho took this chance and walked towards her direction and killed the distance between them. “Your boss is calling for you, why aren’t you answering?” Min-Ho asked while looking at her in the eye.

“I’m sorry, sajangnim.” Shin-Hye apologized.

Min-Ho sighed when Shin-Hye called him sajangnim. “Do you want to have a cup of coffee with me?” Min-Ho asked while gesturing her to look at the coffee shop across the building.

But before Shin-Hye could react, Min-Ho was a step faster to grab her wrist. “Let’s go.” He said.

“S..sajangnim! I haven’t agreed.” Shin-Hye opposed.

“Ya. Park Shin Hye. You don’t have anymore schedule today right? What’s wrong with having a coffee time with me?” Min-Ho asked with irritated tone. “You went with that man for lunch and is it hard to have a cup of coffee with me?” Min-Ho added and Shin-Hye realized a slight pain in his tone.

Shin-Hye looked at Min-Ho disbelieve. Did he stalk her? While Shin-Hye was still looking at Min-Ho blankly, Min-Ho quickly added some words to his sentence. “I know what you’re thinking of. No. I didn’t stalk you. I accidently saw you with Kim Jong Kook at the lobby.” Min-Ho added again.

“You know Jongkook oppa?” Shin-Hye asked again. 

“Let’s talk in the coffee shop.” Min-Ho said and lead both of them to the coffee shop across the building. Shin-Hye didn’t reply him and just followed behind him.

“What would you like to drink? I’ll go order it.” Min-Ho asked. His eyes never left Shin-Hye since they entered the coffee shop. People around are starring at them without them realizing. This coffee shop is pretty popular among LBC’s employees and of course the employees recognized Min-Ho and the woman beside him is pretty familiar. What surprised them more is Lee Min Ho rarely step out from his office if there’s no important matter.

“Warm caramel macchiato please.” Shin-Hye replied softly.

“Shin-Hye ya. Could you take a seat nearby that window firstly? I will bring our orders there.” Min-Ho said while pointing at the seat he mentioned.

“Sajangnim,”

Before Shin-Hye replied him, he already cut her sentence. “It’s my treat.” Min-Ho added and it successfully shut her up. Min-Ho knew that she wants to refuse again but he slowly hold her shoulder and she widen her eyes in surprise when he did so. Why every gesture of him successfully made her risen her heartbeat? What kind of magic potion does he has in his touch? “I’ll not be long.” He added and Shin-Hye couldn’t answer him anymore. She chose to just take a seat at where Min-Ho pointed and seat quietly there.

Another 10 minutes passed, Shin-Hye finally saw Min-Ho coming back with two cup of coffee, a croissant and a cinnamon roll. Min-Ho was smiling widely to her as he placed the caramel macchiato that she wanted. “I told you I won’t long.” He said and gulped his drink. Shin-Hye recognized this strong smell. It’s Americano.

“Why are we here?” Shin-Hye asked.

“Because I need a friend to have coffee with. I hate going to coffee shop alone. That’s why I always asked my secretary to come and get it for me instead.” Min-Ho replied easily.

Shin-Hye sighed softly as her hand kept on stirring her cup of coffee. “You said you didn’t stalk me.” She said again as she was so curious on how Min-Ho could find out she was having lunch with Jongkook.

Min-Ho chuckled softly. “I didn’t. I was at the lobby as well. You were so excited when you saw him and didn’t realize I was there as well.” Min-Ho replied.

Shin-Hye’s eyebrows narrowed when she heard Min-Ho’s statement. He was at the lobby? How? “Are you sure?” Shin-Hye asked again.

Min-Ho sighed in annoyance. “Then, do you think I’m lying?” Min-Ho said and gulped his Americano.

“Keurae. I was with him and how could sajangnim know Jongkook oppa?” Shin-Hye finally surrenders and doesn’t want to argue with him.

Min-Ho sighed heavily when he heard Shin-Hye called Jongkook with ‘oppa’. He intertwined both of his finger together to support his chin and looked at Shin-Hye. “What about you? How could you know him?” Min-Ho asked back. He knew that this Kim Jong Kook is not the type of man you could get close to if you don’t have any special relation with him.

Shin-Hye was agape wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter