That Girl

Intertwined Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin-Hye just couldn’t fall to dreamland easily after what happened just now in Mr. Lee’s residence. No matter how hard she tried, she just can’t. Everything just kept on replying in her head again and again. It’s already 2 in the morning but she still can’t manage to go to sleep. Well, she doesn’t forget that she has to appear in the TV at 8 and she will need to fresh and avoid puffy eyes. She kept on thinking, will things be different if she just tell the truth to Min-Ho? Maybe if she tell Min-Ho the truth, everything will be just fine. She came from a wealthy family and she’s sure that Min-Ho’s father doesn’t have any problem with it but she can’t. It’s too late and Min-Ho will hate her.

“Shin-Hye ya!” A loud shout from behind started Shin-Hye as she kept on daydreaming. It’s the result of going to sleep at 4 and have to wake up at 6. She kept on yawning and thank God that she can control herself to not yawn during the broadcast. Now the broadcast has end and she has no more schedule for today.

Shin-Hye turned around and found out that it’s Min-Na who called her. “Why do you need to shout, huh?” Shin-Hye said as Min-Na helped her to get rid of her microphone.

Min-Na smiled. “You kept on daydreaming and your puffy eyes are still so visible although I apply a lot of concealer already.”

Shin-Hye just chuckled when she heard what Min-Na said. She doesn’t feel like telling her what happened last night. “I think I need to go now, see you tomorrow, Min-Na ya.” Shin-Hye grabbed her bag and quickly went to change her clothes. She feels like she just want to go back to her apartment and drowned herself in her bed. Usually, she will have Min-Ho to have lunch with her but since Min-Ho is currently having sudden meeting in Shanghai, she just want to forget this problem for a while.

“Park Shin-Hye-Ssi!”

Shin-Hye’s step stopped when she heard a man’s sound calling her. When she stopped, she heard someone’s step is getting closer to her. She found out that it’s a man in black suit was the one who called her. She was blank for a while. She doesn’t recognize this man but how? She’s more than 100% sure that she has never meet this man before.

“Lee hwijangnim is looking for you. Please follow me.” The man informed and made Shin-Hye a little startled. Lee hwijangnim? Min-Ho’s father? Wait. Does it have anything to do with yesterday’s incident?

Shin-Hye didn’t say anything more but to tail that man from behind. No, she’s not afraid of Mr. Lee nor she’s afraid of his hurting words. What she’s afraid of is actually losing Min-Ho. She doesn’t want to lose him. She has been a liar to him all this while. She knew it well that Min-Ho hates liars the most.

Shin-Hye took a very deep breath before entering the office. This office is actually belongs to Min-Ho but since he’s not here, his father could get every access to this room as how he likes. The first thing that she saw when she entered the room was Mr. Lee standing behind the window with his back facing her. She gulped her saliva when she sees his silhouette. She’s not supposed to act this way. Her heartbeat fasten when Mr. Lee turned and look at her in the eye. He didn’t smile nor he showed any expression. Shin-Hye quickly bowed to him and said her greetings. “Annyeonghaseyo, hwijangnim.” She greeted politely.

Mr. Lee’s expression slowly changed into a friendly one. He smiled and that made Shin-Hye felt a little weird. This is not what she expects. “Have a seat, please.” Mr. Lee said and lead both of them to the armchair. “Would you like some tea?” He asked again.

Shin-Hye just nodded softly. “Yes, please.” She replied but for some reason, she can’t look at Mr. Lee in the eye.

“How’s your day?” Mr. Lee asked while his hands are busy pouring the tea from the teapot.

His tone was calm and soft but something uncomfortable lingers through Shin-Hye’s feeling. “It was fine.” Shin-Hye replied calmly as well.

Mr. Lee took a sip of his tea and putting it on the table before moving his gaze to Shin-Hye. “I still remember the first time I hold Min-Ho in my hand. My hands were trembling as he was so wonderful. I can’t express how happy I was when I saw him coming to the world. I loved his mother as much as I love Min-Ho but my love for them vanished when I caught his mother was cheating with my best friend.” He said with his eyes looked straightly in front without looking at Shin-Hye. Shin-Hye was agape when she heard his story. She never knew that this cold and short-tempered man has a deep scar as well.

Shin-Hye doesn’t want to interfere his story as she wants to hear more. She wants to know more. “Do you how much it hurts when you saw someone you love was cheating behind your back? Eventhough they just went out for a while, it still hurts me. Min-Ho’s mother never admit that she was cheating behind my back. Things will be different if she told me the truth. I would have forgive her if she told me the truth but the fact is she doesn’t. She kept on denying and denying. I hate liar the most. That’s why my love for her and Min-Ho faded away.” He continued.

Shin-Hye still couldn’t find out the point of why he told her his story. “But, hwijangnim. Although Min-Ho’s mother cheated on you, he’s still your son and it’s his mom that cheated on you. Min-Ho doesn’t have anything to do with this but why he’s being the victim here?” Shin-Hye said out finally. “I know that you’re hurt and you have found a replacement for Min-Ho’s mother but Min-Ho is still your son. As well as Seung-Hyun. You ought to treat them equally. Maybe now that I know why Min-Ho’s relationship with his father is never good.” She couldn’t hold it anymore what’s in her heart. It’s unfair to Min-Ho. Min-Ho and Seung-Hyun were both his son but why it seems like only Seung-Hyun is the one who was raised with love?

“Min-Ho’s mother was a staff in my office back then. I still remember that she was the one who had to support her family financially. My love for her was love at the first sight. I never know that she’s so dan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter