Stay or Leave?

Intertwined Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The past week had been the gloomiest days for Shin-Hye. Actually not only for Shin-Hye but the same thing goes to Min-Ho. Shin-Hye has been avoiding him the whole week. She knew that he owed her an explanation but she ought to be ready to listen to whatever he told her later. She needs to be strong to hear his explanation. She wants to make sure that she’s ready. Yes, she has been receiving a lot of calls and texts from him but none of them got replied by her. The only calls that she picked up was from her brother who checked on her.

“Until when you’re going to avoid me? Until when you’re going to left this problem remain unsettle?

Shin-Hye turned around and found that Min-Ho was already standing there with both of his hands tucked into his pants. Shin-Hye never thought that he could find her here. She never really told anyone about her whereabouts. “How could you?” She was speechless but thinking again she must be finding out where she is from Min-Na. She told her that she’s going to refresh herself, walking by the Han River.

Min-Ho dared himself to step forward and stood beside her. His heart ached when he saw her puffy eyes and pale face. He slowly reached her cheek with one of his hand and caressed it softly. “What happened to us?” He asked in a husky voice.

Shin-Hye looked down for a while before looking into him again. She knew that she shouldn’t have ignored him like this. She knew that this is wrong. She knew that there must be something behind all of this. She should have trust him that he will not hurt her this way. She knew this is not easy for him either. His dark eye circles are the proof that he’s lack of sleep. She looked deeply into his eyes and try her best to give him a smile. “Tell me.” She said. “Tell me everything that I need to hear.”

4 Days ago.

Min-Ho couldn’t hold his anger anymore since the time he found out about the news that he doesn’t even know who spread it. He only has one name in his head. His father. Nobody else could come to his mind except him. He was away in China for 2 days and he used this chance to spread the news. He could never been any smarter but he’s definitely using his smart brain in the wrong way. By the time Min-Ho get off the plane, he couldn’t waste any minute but to directly rush to his father’s office. Min-Ho couldn’t sleep well for the past 2 days since his mind kept on thinking about Shin-Hye. As much as he wants to directly fly back to Korea to settle this problem, he can’t. His heart felt more uneasy as Shin-Hye rejected his calls and didn’t respond to any of his messages.

“I’m sorry but hwijangnim could not be disturbed now.” Secretary Jin, his father’s secretary kept on forbidding him to enter his father’s office but his anger couldn’t be controlled anymore. His blood feels like boiling and it lingers through his nerves and veins.

Min-Ho looked sharply at Secretary Jin and smirked. “I said move.” He glared as he’s going to eat this person alive. He’s indeed looking like a hungry beast right now.

Secretary Jin gulped his saliva when he saw Min-Ho’s expression. He couldn’t deny the fact that he himself is indeed scared of this person. He has never seen Min-Ho’s furious face as he always showed his flat yet cold expression but in the other hand, he couldn’t let Min-Ho barge in like this. “I’m so sorry but Chairman Lee is currently having an important guest right now.” He dared himself to answer. “I know that you have important things to discuss with hwijangnim but you can’t barge in like this. If you kept on forcing like this, I have no choice but to call the security.” He spoke.

Min-Ho smirked. “Then go call the security. I don’t care.” His eyes darkened and the flames in his eyes are visible. This person has successfully triggered his anger.

Min-Ho simply pushed him aside. He walked through him and simply barged into his father’s office. His eyes widen when he saw who the guest is. He chuckled sadly when he finally get it why Secretary Jin said that the guest is important. It’s Chairman Shin who’s currently sitting there, having a talk with his father. His step froze for a while as he was stunned. How could they planned all of this without his knowing. He’s seriously feeling disappointed and betrayed right now.

“Min-Ho ya! Good that you’re here. Come and take a seat. What a perfect timing.” Mr. Lee said while giving him a wide smile which he knew that it’s fake.

Min-Ho smirked as he walked closer to them. “Why do I feel like I’m uninvited here? Why do I feel like an idiot of not knowing what happened about me?” He asked with a cold tone and turned his gaze furiously at his father. “I could only think of one person who spread this false news.” He balled his hands into a fist and clenched his jaw.

Chairman Shin felt a little uneasy with Min-Ho’s expression and looked at Mr. Lee who’s still looking calm. “Chairman Lee, you didn’t tell Min-Ho about what we discussed? Min-Ho doesn’t seem to be happy with this news.” He asked, feeling a little uneasy.

Mr. Lee smiled. “Don’t worry Chairman Shin. Min-Ho will surely agree with what we discussed. Let’s get things done before next month.” He said calmly.

Chairman Shin smiled back at Mr. Lee. “Okay. I’m counting on you.” He said and they shook their hand together before Chairman Shin left the room.

Min-Ho’s breath has become uneven as he’s controlling the emotion and anger that’s currently lingering through his body. How could he treat his own son like his personal toy? How could he treat his own son like his chips to earn money? “Abeoji, I never thought that you could be this cruel.” He said while his hands are still balled into a tight fist.

Mr. Lee chuckled. “Cruel? You say that I’m cruel? I’m protecting you from the dangerous people and you say that I’m cruel? Are you sure?”

Min-Ho sighed sharply. “You knew that I have a girlfriend and you never mention any single thing about engagement. I knew it from the headlines instead. You don’t only hurt Shin-Hye but also me!” He raised his voice.

Mr. Lee cleared his throat and stood up to look at Min-Ho. “Girlfriend? You’re referring to that random announcer? You better forget her. She will just be an obstacle for your career. Look at your future and you better build a good relationship with Se-Kyung since we have a big project going on with HeoLong Group.” Mr. Lee said firmly and sternly.

“Abeoji!”

“Don’t shout inside my office! You just don’t know what kind of person that girl is. We don’t even know her background and we don’t even know from what kind of family she is. Do you think I can accept such person in my family? I can’t. You better break it off with her.” Mr. Lee told him with a sharp gaze as well. Knowing that his son still having a thing with Shin-Hye made him furious that he directly set up an engagement between him and Se-Kyung.

“I will not agree to it.” Min-Ho sternly said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter