Cry Me A River

Intertwined Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin-Hye couldn’t hide her nervousness since the first time she entered the ballroom. She just chose to stay close to Shin-Won since she doesn’t really know anyone here but she can feel that most of the young guys’ eyes are definitely on her. She’s already stunning and with that off shoulder black long gown that she wore, she looked more stunning than ever. Her hair was tied up in a nice updo making her appearance looked more elegant. She kept looking around as she’s looking for someone. Yes, Lee Min Ho. She has bee wondering whether Min-Ho will show his presence or not because she has been preparing herself for the long talks with him if he found out everything about her tonight.

“Are you hungry? Do you want something to eat?” Shin-Won asked worriedly. He could sense that his sister has been nervous almost the whole time as she was sticking at him, grabbing his arm and doesn’t want to let it go. It doesn’t bother him that Shin-Hye kept on sticking with him but he just wonder why is she so afraid of people tonight.

Shin-Hye let out a light smile and shook her head. “I’m just worried.”

Shin-Won held her shoulder and look at her. “No. There’s nothing for you to be worried of. What you need to do is to keep your head high, tell them who you are and let them pay back what they have done to you.” He convinced. “I saw Lee Min Ho and his family coming in from the entrance already just now and that Heolong’s group daughter, I’m sure she will come any minute. You ought to be calm in order to show them that you’re as weak as how they think you are.” He advised to Shin-Hye.

Shin-Hye gulped when she listened to her brother’s words. He is right. Behaving like this will only make them feel like she’s a weak person. She looked up to her brother and nod lightly. “I get it, oppa.” She replied and smiled confidently.

Shin-Won smiled. “That’s my sister.” He gently her hair.

Most people are looking at Shin-Won with a weird gaze. Most of girls are looking at her with a murderous gaze. Of course they knew who Shin-Hye is. They only know she’s Lee Min Ho’s announcer girlfriend and since Lee Min Ho is reported to be engaged with Shin Se-Kyung now she’s close Park Shin-Won.That’s why they gave her murderous gaze. Most people know that Shin-Won is the son of Royal Group’s chairman but nobody really knows that Chairman Park has a daughter who’s Shin-Hye. While the girls are looking at Shin-Hye with murderous gaze, the guys are looking at Shin-Won with envy gaze but they’re going to get a little heart attack when they know that she’s actually his sister.

Just right the time 8 PM, the MC go up to the stage and started the event. Shin-Hye and Shin-Won was sat in the VVIP seat along with their father and their relatives. The first thing is that Mr. Park went up to the stage to give a speech while Shin-Hye and Shin-Won are still sitting on their seat.

“First of all, I sincerely thank everybody who managed to spare their time to attend our annual event. For our shareholders, employees and relatives, thank you very much. This year is going to be our 35th anniversary and I’m hoping by the next and the next anniversary, our company will expand and develop more and more…….”

After a few more lines, Mr. Park managed to say thank you and end his speech. He smiled and bowed to everyone as everyone was clapping their hands for him.

The MC took the microphone and ready to announce another person who will give a speech. “Thank you for the speech, Chairman Park. Now, we’re going to invite CEO Park to the stage. Please give him a round of applause.” The MC said and went back to the backstage as he saw Shin-Won already made their way to the stage.

Just right the time when the MC demanded her brother, her heart beat was raised and it goes faster and faster as she’s so nervous. It’s the time that she’s going to reveal her true self. She looked at Shin-Won who’s squeezing her hand softly and nodded his head. “Come to the stage when I say your name out loud, okay?” Shin-Won said and Shin-Hye simply nod.

When Shin-Won reached the podium, he smiled genuinely while Shin-Hye is looking at him nervously. He’s going to give a little speech before introducing Shin-Hye. Shin-Hye’s legs have been shaking and her hands are trembling right now.

“…………………Many of us know that I, Park Shin Won is the son of Park Hae Won, Royal Group’s Chairman but today I am going to tell that I have a sister and she’s my biological sister which means she’s also the heiress to Royal Group. Maybe some of you are so familiar with her already if you watch the news everyday. You might know her as an announcer but she’s now part of our company. Please welcome, Park Shin Hye.” Shin-Won summoned her name out loud and looked at her, signaling her to come up now.

Shin-Hye took a deep breath and told herself that she’s ready. She couldn’t her whisper and people looking so shocked. Well, she won’t blame them. It’s what she wants from the beginning. When she reached the stage, Shin-Won patted her shoulder and nodded at her. She took a deep breath to ease her nervousness. She only looked straightly in front as she doesn’t have eager to look around as she’s so afraid that she will see Min-Ho. She’s not ready to see him, just yet. She started with a light bow.

“Annyeonghasimnikka. I am Park Shin Hye, the daughter of Royal Group’s Chairman, Park Hae Won and sister of Royal Group’s CEO, Park Shin Won.” She said confidently and her eyes accidently met Min-Ho’s eyes. She was stunned for a while when she saw him. He was sitting on the left side and she could sense his anger as she could see it clearly that his jaw tightened and his eyes are bloodshot red. He’s angry. She could feel it while when she looked the old man who’s sitting beside him, she smirked at him. From what she saw, Min-Ho’s father are widening his eyes in shock while closing his mouth with his palm. For one second, she’s happy but when she moved her gaze back to Min-Ho, fear lingered through her body and it’s Shin-Won who kept on holding his hand or else she’s losing her balance already.

“Continue with what you’re going to say.” Shin-Won’s words just now felt like a call for her to come back to the present time.

She gulped before finally continue with her sentence. “Yes, I was an announcer before but from now on I will work for Royal Group along with my brother. Please take care of me.” She said and end it with a light bow. 

She looked at her brother with teary eyes when she heard people applauded for her. She doesn’t dare to look at Min-Ho right now. She doesn’t have the eager to face him now. “Good job.” Shin-Won smiled and gave a light pat on her shoulder. She linked her hand on Shin-Won’s arm again when they went down from the stage.

**

“I am Park Shin Hye, the daughter of Royal Group’s Chairman, Park Hae Won and sister of Royal Group’s CEO, Park Shin Won.”

Lee Min Ho couldn’t believe what he’s hearing right now. His breath become uneven and speechless as he could hardly believe what he’s hearing right now. This is insane. Tell him this is not real. Tell him this is just a lie. He balled his hand into a fist and clenched his jaw in anger. Why? Why would she lie to him? He kept on looking at her who’s standing on the stage as nothing happen in anger. Why would she do this? He looked at his father who also looked shocked as him.

“Min-Ho ya. Why didn’t you tell me about this? Why didn’t you tell that she’s Park Hae Won’s daughter?!” s! Now even his father is mad at him. What mess is she trying to create right now?

Min-Ho looked at his father coldly. “Do you think I will keep silent if I know about this?” He answered his father, coldly and expressionless.

Min-Ho couldn’t think straightly right now. She really owe him an explanation. Why would she lie? Everything will be okay if she told him about her real identity and everything is in a mess right now because of her. He scanned the whole room and saw her, talking to a guy he barely knows. What is this girl thinking about? She could even chat that casually with other guy? He couldn’t hold his anger anymore as he really wants to approach her right now. His blood feels like boiling and it lingers through his veins. He feels like the fire has been burning inside his body when he heard about her statement just now and when he saw her being that close with other guy, he feels like fire was being slammed with gasoline as it makes him more furious.

Just right when the time he wants to approach her, two people were approaching him and his father. He sighed in annoyance. It’s her father and her brother. “Chairman Lee, how are you doing?” Mr. Park greeted his father in a friendly tone while Shin-Won bowed lightly to Mr. Lee.

Min-Ho couldn’t sense the awkwardness when his father talked to Mr. Park. “I’m doing good, Chairman Park. You already have such a handsome and capable son and you also have a beautiful and smart daughter. What a very nice of you, Chairman Park.” Mr. Lee tried to be friendly as well.

Min-Ho smirked. Beautiful and smart? This old man must have been crazy. He could only say that when he found out that Shin-Hye is actually a heiress. This is driving him real crazy. “I will take that as a compliment, Chairman Lee. I heard that your son is going to engage soon with Chairman Shin’s daughter. Congratulations!” Mr. Park said that on purpose. He wants to see Min-Ho’s expression.

Before Mr. Lee answer Mr. Park, Min-Ho already reply it himself. “Thank you very much, Mr. Park.” Min-Ho replied straight away. Mr. Lee looked at Min-Ho disbelieve. This guy is really playing with fire right now.

Shin-Won scoffed at him. So, this is the man that his sister has been crying for? This is the man that his sister has been defending. This man is really a bastard. He looked at Min-Ho and he seemed to be looking straight forward. Shin-Won followed his gaze and he wasn’t wrong to suspect that he’s looking at Shin-Hye. He feels like punching Min-Ho’s face right now. Really.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter