Fate

Intertwined Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

People say to always smile eventhough your heart is frowning. Why that is it so hard for him to even lift up his face? Why is it so hard for him to curl his lips? It feels like his lips has been paralyzed that it couldn’t move at all. He’s supposed to greet people with a wide smile but the pain in his heart has almost numb his whole body that he doesn’t feel like speaking too much when it’s not needed. It’s his engagement party. He ought to be happy but he’s not. He’s definitely not. The lady beside him is definitely feeling like she’s the happiest lady on earth as she’s smiling widely while greeting people. Her hand never left his arm as she’s holding on to him tightly.

“I know how much you wish that you can runaway from this event but at least put more good expression. People might think that you’re rude.” Mr. Lee scolded Min-Ho silently when nobody is watching.

Min-Ho smirked inside his heart. How? How to even put a good expression when your heart and your brain don’t want to corporate with you? How to even curl up your lips when it felt so numb already? How? Somebody please teach him how before he forgets the way to smile. 

Here comes the top of the event when the couple is going to exchange the rings. He starred at the rings for a while. He had someone in mind that he’s going to give this ring to but things didn’t go as how he planned and end up he’s going to put this ring on someone who he doesn’t love. This is ironic. His body might be in that party but his heart and his brain are flying everywhere. 

“Lee Min Ho-Ssi, please put the ring on Shin Se-Kyung-Ssi’s ring finger.” The MC whispered to Min-Ho as he was starring at the ring for quite a while and not doing anything.

Min-Ho felt like his soul finally entered his body back that he quickly put the ring on Se-Kyung’s ring finger and the next thing is that Se-Kyung also put the ring on Min-Ho’s finger. People are clapping their hands for both of them and they could feel the camera flash that kept on flashing from every side. Of course the medias are so eager to record their engagement and he’s so sure that they’re going to be the headline next morning. There’s one name that he’s thinking of. Is she okay with this? Could she handle it alone when she read the headline tomorrow? He’s not going to be there to rub her back or her hair to soothes her feelings. He’s not going to be there to lend her his shoulder and his arms. Oh wait, she has another person to do that for her. That man who also did the same thing when he left her alone in the poolside. That Yoon Gyun Sang. Should he be worry or happy?

                                             **

Shin-Hye feels like slamming her phone to the wall now that the news and pictures of Min-Ho and Se-Kyung are definitely everywhere in the social media and internet. She feels so angry right now that she doesn’t even want to step out from her room. Her father and her brother are both attending the engagement party since they were invited. Although Shin-Won has forced Mr. Park not to attend that damn party, Mr. Park still insisted to go. It might be an engagement party but for him to show himself in that party is just a formality since they have business connection. 

“Are you okay to be alone here? Appa and me will not be home till late.” Shin-Won said to Shin-Hye who’s making herself busy learning about jewelry design.

Shin-Hye turned around from her laptop screen to her brother. She let out a little chuckle. “Are you crazy? You’re asking me to attend that damn party with you and appa? The wound hasn’t healed yet and attending that party means that I’m rubbing salt into my bleeding wound.” She sighed. “I’m not going or else I’m going to pull that girl’s hair if I can’t hold it anymore. I’m sure that you and appa don’t want to see that happen.” She added.

Shin-Won laughed and her hair. “How could you even joke now? I get it. Make sure to stay safe okay? You can call ahjumma if you need anything and don’t do anything stupid.” He warned.

“Of course I’m not that retarded. I’m not going to harm myself.” Shin-Hye replied and let out a little laugh.

“Okay then. I will get going then. See you later!” He said and went out from her room.

Just right when Shin-Won left her room, the smile simply faded away and left with sorrowful expression. She doesn’t dare to show her brother the truth that she’s actually very fed up right now. She doesn’t want to make him and her father worry. She has made them worry a lot and she doesn’t want to do that anymore. Sooner or later, she ought to move on and learn how to forget this heartbreaking thing. She shouldn’t have hide herself in pain like this. Life goes on.

**

                                      

Lee Min Ho felt like his heart dropped to his stomach the time when he saw Shin-Hye’s father and brother. He thought that they’re not coming but he’s wrong. He could see that Shin-Hye’s father is greeting and congratulating them as he offered a handshake for all of them. Min-Ho could only let out a forced smile. This is the most awkward situation that he has ever been to. He’s feeling so uneasy when Shin-Won kept on looking at him with his sharp glare as he’s going to eat him alive. 

“Congratulations,” Shin-Won simply say and smiled before finally moving closer into Min-Ho’s ears to add something. “For being a bastard.” He added again and smirked. Min-Ho wouldn’t deny it. He even admit it himself that he’s really a jerk for her.

Min-Ho chuckled sadly. “Thank you.” He forced a smile but before Shin-Won walked away from his sight, he’s fast enough to ask a question.

“How’s her?” He dared himself to ask.

Shin-Won scoffed. “You still have guts to ask about how’s her?” 

“I wouldn’t deny the fact that I’m worried about her. Although I made her cry, I do love her.” Min-Ho bravely said. “Is she fine?” He added his question again. 

Shin-Won let out a heavy sigh and shook his head. “How could you say that you love her when you don’t even want to listen to her?” He asked back.

Min-Ho’s forehead formed a crease. Why didn’t he think of this before? It’s not only her that was blinded with anger and jealousy but he’s also blinded by his ego. How could he not listen or ask whether she has a reason to lie about her identity? How could he be this stupid? He was stunned and speechless for a while and lost in his own thought for a while.

“Why? Why do you kept silent? I know that my sister was wrong for lying to you but you as a man, you ought to find out what’s her reason behind her lies. I bet you know what kind of person she is. It’s impossible for her to lie if she doesn’t have any good reason. In the end, she spurts out the truth so that your father could support both of you but end up you’re the one who’s turning your back to her." Shin-Won said, trying to be as calm as he can while Min-Ho is still speechless.

“She was blinded with her ego that she simply said that she wants to end everything with you. I don’t know about you but if me, if I really love someone and if I really want her, I will not let her go. I will hold on to her and fight for her. I know that you’re disappointed that it’s that easy for her to give up on you but what she really wants is actually for you to hold on to her and stop her from going away. She was disappointed as well when you also let go of her this easy.” Shin-Won added. “Both of you are really ridiculous. Both of you kept on saying that you love each other but you don’t have that eager to hold onto each other and end up hurting yourself. I don’t want to int

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter