The Cruel Past

Intertwined Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Does the beef doesn’t taste good?” Min-Ho asked before he scooped a great amount of rice into his mouth. He sensed something about Shin-Hye nowadays. She’s a cheerful girl and her words are always like magic that Min-Ho will always listen to it but recently she has been so quiet when they hang out even now when they’re enjoying the grilled beef in a restaurant nearby the office.
Shin-Hye looked at Min-Ho and forced a smile.

“Eat slowly.” She said shortly. Her mind has been flying everywhere. Actually not that far but on what her father said days ago. She has been asking herself a lot. Does she really trust him with her heart? She wouldn’t deny that she has fallen for him. His gentleness, his charisma, his good manner, his attractive appearance, all of those successfully captured his heart but she wonders if he’s feeling the same thing towards her.

Min-Ho felt a little uncomfortable by looking at Shin-Hye’s facial expression. This is not the Shin-Hye he knows.

“Is there anything that bothers your mind?” Min-Ho asked directly and looked at her in the eye.

Shin-Hye again forced a light smile and shook her head. “No.” She said shortly. She even barely touched her rice and most of the grilled beef was finished by Min-Ho.

Min-Ho sensed something wrong with Shin-Hye. He’s very sure of that. “Let’s take a walk around the park after this.” Min-Ho added while drinking the water while Shin-Hye just nodded lightly.

It’s almost mid September already which means that the autumn is slowly approaching. The wind is getting stronger and the weather has gone colder. The leaves slowly turned yellow and fall from the tree. Min-Ho and Shin-Hye are currently walking side by side. Shin-Hye hugged herself and kept on rubbing her palms as it was cold and she didn’t wear anything thick. She didn’t expect the weather to be this cold. She kept on cursing on herself for wearing a short sleeve shirt, pencil skirt and platform that exposed half of her leg. She should have wear boots, sweater and stocking instead but then she felt like a fabric was covering her from behind. Not just that, she felt a strong arm was slowly embracing her from beside. She felt like that arm slowly transfers the warmness to her body that she felt so warm in sudden.

Shin-Hye looked at Min-Ho who’s smiling while his hands are circling through her waist from the side. She couldn’t help but smile while looking at how he reacted when he knew that she’s cold. “I know I’m handsome and attractive so that you can’t stop starring at me.” Min-Ho chuckled.

Shin-Hye let out a little laugh. “Why you’re so overconfident all the time?” Shin-Hye asked. Based on what she heard about Min-Ho from her colleague, Min-Ho is a serious man and is not a type of person you can play with not to forget his trademark which is cold and arrogant. How could a person like this being cold and arrogant? She’s glad that she’s the only one who can see another side of him.

“No. I’m not over confident all the time. I only feel like being so confident when I’m with you.” He added and that successfully made Shin-Hye laughed.

“Jangnanhae!” She said while still chuckling a little.

Just in sudden, Min-Ho’s step is getting slower and stopped. Shin-Hye looked at him and surprisingly he’s looking at her as well. “Shin-Hye ya.” He tried to start the conversation. His eyes are looking deeply into hers.

“Wae?” Shin-Hye asked back in confused. She’s just looking at Min-Ho with her big round eyes.

Min-Ho’s lips formed a light smile. Why everything about this woman is so attractive to him? “I like you.” He said. He doesn’t have any hesitation when he’s saying that words.

Shin-Hye was stunned. What does he mean? Does he like her as how a man like a woman or what? She couldn’t find any suitable words to answer him. She just continued to stare at him as she doesn’t know what she should say. Her father’s words are still playing in her mind and he suddenly say that he likes her. How should she react?

“I’m interested in you.” Min-Ho added to make things clear. “From now on, could please stop calling me Min-Ho-Ssi? It doesn’t sound right to me.” He said again.

“So what should I call you? You’re my boss. I shouldn’t have drop the formalities.” Shin-Hye replied.

Min-Ho chuckled. He doesn’t know why but for some reason, he’s so positive that she’s interested in him as well which is why he doesn’t hesitate in confessing to her. He’s type of person who doesn’t want any effortless things and he surely knows that this woman is worth it. “Forget about work a while because what I want to remember now is you.” Min-Ho said while the smile still hasn’t get off his lips.

Shin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter