The Painful Truth

Intertwined Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a cloudy day and the situation in the LBC’s CEO office is not so much different. Min-Ho sighed in anger when Lee Kwang-Soo came into his office only to tell him that his father called him. He knew that his father couldn’t reach him recently because he’s the one who kept on rejecting his call. He never once accepted his call and now he’s using his secretary. Min-Ho doesn’t need to answer his call because he already knew what his father wanted to say. It’s either business related or blind date with his business partner’s daughters. So, to sum up everything it’s both about business.

“Sajangnim, Lee Hwijangnim has been calling me all day, asking about you.” Kwang-Soo said as Chairman Lee has been calling him since yesterday like a terror.

Min-Ho exhaled sharply and looked at the tall man who has been working as his secretary for the past 3 years. He moved his gaze to his macbook screen again after taking a glance at Kwang-Soo who’s nervously waiting for his answer. “Tell him I’m okay, still breathing and still alive.” Min-Ho replied coldly.

“B..but sajangnim,” Kwang-Soo stuttered.

“What?” Min-Ho snapped with a sharp glance at Kwang-Soo who’s gulping his saliva.

Kwang-Soo took a deep breath before managed to answer to Min-Ho’s question. “Hwijangnim wants you to go back home tonight.” Kwang-Soo said.

Min-Ho scoffed. “What non-sense is he talking about? I go home everyday without him asking me to.” Min-Ho replied with his eyes still focusing to his work.

Kwang-Soo chuckled awkwardly. “I mean he wants you to go back to his house tonight for a dinner with him, your mother and your brother.” Kwang-Soo added.

Kwang-Soo’s sentence right now is again replied with Min-Ho’s cold glare. “I’ll make you sure that you will lose your job if I hear you said they’re my mother and brother once again.” Min-Ho snapped.

Kwang-Soo looked down apologetically. “I’m sorry. I mean madam and young master Lee.” He cleared.

Min-Ho sighed again and looked at Kwang-Soo with flat expression. “Why they want me to go there tonight?” He asked.

Kwang-Soo shook his head. “I have no idea as well, sajangnim.” He replied.

“Okay. You may go.” Min-Ho said and without waiting for anything, Kwang-Soo bowed and quickly leaves the tiger’s den without saying anything more.

Min-Ho opened his drawer to look for some papers but accidently found a picture frame that he placed there a very long time ago. He never wants to see this anymore that’s why he placed in the drawer. Normally people will place their family photos on their desk but he feels like this kind of family doesn’t deserve this kind of treatment. He slowly took out the frame and caressed it. It’s a picture of him, his father and his mother. He was 14 years old in that picture and that picture was taken a week before the first big fight between his father and his mother. That fight was the one that leads his parents to the cliff of separation.

It was almost the night time when the 14 years old Min-Ho who was still a middle school student came back home from the academy. He was thinking what dish will his mother make today? What movie will his father watch with him today? He has been thinking about the homework he needed to finish and wondering if his father could help but all of those thoughts vanished when he entered their big house and the broken vase was the first thing that greeted him. The pieces of glass has been scattered all over the floor that made him widen his eyes in surprise. The next thing he heard was a loud bang of something being hit and the sounds of scattered glass again. Curiosity lingered through his body that made him searched where did the sound came from. He closed his mouth with his palm when the source of the sound that he has been searching for was from his parent’s room. He has been breathing irregularly when he kept hearing the sound of things being slammed. His whole body has been shivering when he heard his father’s loud voice and his mother’s sobs. He gathered all of his courage and dared himself to stick his ear on the door to eavesdrop what makes them like this.

“You have to listen to me. All of this is not as how you thought!” Min-Ho heard his father’s loud voice and it seems like he’s convincing his mother.

“Listen to what? I have been listening to all of your lies all this years and now you’re expecting me to listen to it more? I’m so done!!” His mother raised her voice along with sobs. Min-Ho’s heart cracked when he heard his mother cried. What happened to them?

“Don’t act like I’m the only one who lied. Do you think I don’t know what you have been doing out there? I just acted like I don’t know a single thing!” His father snapped back. Both of them have been raising their voice while talking to each other. None of them wants to surrender.

“What do you mean? All this while I have been trying to be a good daughter-in-law for your family, a good wife to you and a good mother to our Min-Ho. Is this how you treat me back?!”

“Don’t talk s to me. You’re saying that you’re a good wife but you’re busy hanging out with your fellow high school mate? I doubt if Min-Ho is my son.” His father’s words now made Min-Ho’s legs trembled and weaken. The words just now stab right in his heart. The father he knew is a wise yet a good man. How could he turn into a monster like this?

The next sound that Min-Ho heard was a loud slap. He’s sure that it’s his mother who slapped his father. “Although I know that you have an affair with your secretary all this while, I stayed silent, pretended like I don’t know anything because I thought it’s better if I stayed like this than losing you and I don’t want Min-Ho to grow up without a father or a mother if we separate. I’m trying my best to endure all of this and this is how you treat me back? Having an affair is enough and I’m such a fool for not suspecting that you have a teenage son already all this while from your affair. Just how many women out there are you having an affair with?!”His mother shouted. Min-Ho could hear that his mother cried.

“Ya! Lee Kyu Han. Answer me!!” His mother raised her voice again.

“Yes. I have another son from another woman and don’t worry, she’s the only woman I have aside from you.”

A loud pang hit Min-Ho’s heart. He wished that he heard his father wrong but he’s not. He heard him stated it clearly that he has another son aside from Min-Ho. He felt like his skin was being slammed with hydrochloric acid that it felt like burning. He couldn’t bear with it anymore and tears started to flow down through his crystal eyes. A father is a son’s first hero but why his hero is a jerk like this? Why?

“Let’s get divorce.” He heard his mother stated it firmly and clearly.

“What? No!”

“I don’t want to live while sharing a man with other woman and I’ll take Min-Ho with me.”

“You may go but you can’t take Min-Ho with you!”

“Min-Ho might be our son but I can’t let him grow up with a jerk like you.”

That was the last words that he heard from both of his parents and the next sound was the door being opened. Both Mr. & Mrs. Lee are widen their eyes in surprise when they saw Min

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter