Regret

Intertwined Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This might be the most awkward meeting ever for Shin-Hye. She has no idea on why her brother has to gather her together with the marketing people to discuss on their project. She doesn’t have any choice but to just obey what her brother told her to do. They were much discussing the marketing plan for the new products that’s going to launch in this short time. She knew that her brother must be wanting to discuss about the project in the theme park but why he must choose this meeting? She doesn’t deny the fact that she’s actually a little embarrassed about her being in a costume. From the beginning until now what she did was just watching and listening until a light knock from the door startled everyone in the room.

“Sorry for being late.”

Shin-Hye was so focused on reading the slides on the table that she didn’t really notice that there’s a light knock but right the time when she heard that voice, she felt like the world stopped rotating for a while. She recognized that voice, that deep voice that she has been yearning of. Her eyes stopped rolling for a while and her hands stopped scrolling the slides. She didn’t even realize that she was holding her breath. She slowly gulped her saliva before finally lifting her head up and dared herself to look at the owner of that voice. By the time she saw him, he’s already taking a seat right in front of her. It has been a while since the last time she saw him. There’s nothing much different. It’s just his expression looked cold and his dark-circles that clearly showed that he’s tired just like how the first time she saw him.

She doesn’t know what kind of fate that bring them together in this project again after their last meeting in that party. They never met each other again since that party and now that they need to corporate with each other for this project. This is pretty ridiculous for her. She doesn’t dare to look in front as she forced her eyes to looked at the screen. She doesn’t know about him but she really doesn’t want to meet his gaze right now. It’s not only the awkwardness that she wanted to avoid but she also doesn’t want to remember how painful it was to broke up with him 9 months ago.

“Thank you for your hard work. You can dismiss now.” Shin-Won declared and clapped his hands for the awesome job that his marketing team has done. “As for Lee Min Ho-Ssi and Park Shin Hye-Ssi please stay for a while. We still have things to discuss.” He added.

Shin-Hye was already relieved thinking that she really need to go out as soon as possible. She doesn’t know why but the presence of this man made her feel suffocated. She really needs some fresh air to breath now but seems like she doesn’t have any reason to leave the room. She just sat there quietly and waiting for Shin-Won to talk as the marketing people have left the room meaning only the three of them left inside.

Shin-Won let out a sharp breath when he moved his gaze to Min-Ho and then to Shin-Hye. He knew that this will be hard. Both of them don’t even look at each other. It’s so obvious that they’re avoiding each other’s gaze. This is awkward for him as well. He cleared his throat to make both of them focus at him.

“I know that this might be a very awkward situation for both of you but I really hope your professionalism as this is work related project.” He stated clearly.

“I know that both of you must be very annoyed to be chosen on this theme park project but there’s no way that both of you can deny it. The D-day will be on this Sunday which is 3 days from now. There’s actually nothing much to do except for greeting the visitors in that theme park for a day. Our meeting point will be in the theme park’s management office and starting point will be the Princess’ Castle.” Shin-Won explained one by one points that he needs to say and the two people in front of him just nodded their head without any words coming from their mouth.

After around 30 minutes of discussing, Shin-Won finally let both of them to go as there are no more things to talk except for waiting for the D-day. Shin-Hye was the first one to step out from the room. She didn’t say anything to Shin-Won or Min-Ho but collecting her papers and leave the room quickly. She doesn’t care whether Shin-Won will ask her anything or whatever. What she wants right now is to get out from that person’s eyesight. She doesn’t want to see him at least for now.

She fasten her step to the elevator and pressed the button to go down. She just wished that the elevator will arrive faster as she really doesn’t want to be in the same elevator with him.

“Why it seems like you’re avoiding me?”

Her eyes stopped blinking the time when she heard his voice from behind. She’s sure that he’s right behind him. She took a very deep breath before turning around to face him and to reply him.

She let out a light smirk. “Why do you think that I’m avoiding you?” She replied expressionless. "I don't have any reason to." She added. 

Min-Ho felt a slight pain when he heard the way she replied to him. Her tone was cold and sharp that it irritated him. She used to speak to him in a soft and friendly tone. This kind of treatment made him felt like a stranger to her. Well, he already is. “I’m just guessing.” She doesn’t even look at him since he entered the meeting room until the meeting end. Of course he’s thinking that she’s avoiding him.

“Are you doing fine?” He asked again when she didn’t answer him anymore.

Could she be honest to say that she’s not? She’s not doing fine when they broke up. She was broke and barely able to get her feet back on the ground. “Hmm. Things are good.” She uttered. “What about you? I guess you’re having a good time with your fiancé.” She dared herself to mention his fiancé here. Before he could even reply her, the elevator has arrived and she was quite grateful that the elevator was quite full that two of them will not fit in there. She used this chance to get inside as quick as possible, leaving him alone. She took a glance at him before the elevator door is closing slowly.

He chuckled sadly. “No. Things are not fine without you and I didn’t have any good time with her.” He mumbled himself.

Can he be honest that he wants to see her longer? Can he be honest that he still wants to talk to her a little longer? Can he? Does he deserve any second chance?

**

Park Shin Hye sighed when she saw herself in this big

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter