A Letter

Intertwined Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What were you talking about with my father?” Shin-Hye asked curiously. Yes, after she witnessed Min-Ho and her father’s intense conversation, she did felt a little uneasy. However, she’s so curious about what he told her father because her father even offered him to have breakfast in her house.

He exhaled sharply when rewinding how nervous he was. “Shin-Hye ya, you really have no idea how scared I was. I have never been so nervous before.” Min-Ho replied.

“Just tell me what did you tell my father!” Yes, she’s getting a little impatient now. She hasn’t told anything about him to her father but this man really like to take it fast. Yes, she was happy when seeing his initiative in asking for her father but she was also surprised and was about to burst out at him. How could he do things like this without asking her opinion firstly? “I told you that I’m going to explain everything to him firstly but why you suddenly come like this? Don’t you trust me?” She added and he could hear her being upset about this.

He once thought that she will surprised and be happy if he comes to ask for blessing from her father but turned out that she’s a little upset. “It’s not like that Shin-Hye ya. I just wanted to let your family know that I’m serious with my relationship with you and I will not take you for granted. I’m a man and I do not want to act like a coward anymore.” He could only pray that she will understand.

She sighed. She knew that once she got back home, her brother will bombard her with so many questions that she’s not ready for it. She needs to buy a little more time in explaining things to her family but it seems like she ought to get ready now. “I’ll sort things out with my family firstly and please before you do anything, talk to me firstly.” Shin-Hye replied.

“I’m sorry.” Said Min-Ho. He couldn’t predict that things will turn out like this.

“Actually you are not doing anything wrong. It’s just that I’m not ready yet for my family to know about us. You know that our past relationship didn’t get approval from both of our families.” Now that Shin-Hye felt a little guilty for being upset at Min-Ho. Couldn’t she just understand that all he wants is just a smooth and long lasting relationship with her? “However, thank you for trying. I don’t know that a cold person like you could do things like this.” She added and smiled genuinely at him.

They arrived at the hospital just at the right time. Min-Ho simply parked his car and hugged the girl beside him. He dunked his head on the crook of her neck and caressed her hair softly. “I just want to let you know that I do not want to lose you twice. You have no idea how devastated I was when you are not around. I missed you all this while and I still do until now. The picture of me losing you haunts me sometimes that I do not want to repeat the same mistake. I love you, Park Shin Hye. I will always do.” Min-Ho replied, expressing everything inside his heart, hoping that she will understand how frustrated he was when she was now around.

Shin-Hye replied his hug too. Tears almost come out from her eye once she heard his sincere confession. “I love you too, Lee Min Ho.” She tightened her hug as she missed him as much as he missed her.

They stayed like that for a while until Shin-Hye tried to loosen their gap because they have already arrived at the hospital where Gyun-Sang works. A charity will be held here once a year that they sell second-hand stuffs, giving away foods and even prepare some shows to entertain the hospitalized children. “I gotta go or else I’ll be late.” Shin-Hye said in sudden because she knew that this guy will not let her go if they are in that position for too long.

Min-Ho’s face turns sour a little. “Do you really need to work with that doctor for this occasion?” He asked because you know, he doesn’t really like Gyun-Sang and vice versa.

She pinched his cheek and that makes him whines in pain. “It hurts!”

“Why? Jealous much?” She asked.

“Why would I be jealous?” He denied but of course you know that he is.

She chuckled knowing that this guy is obviously lying. “Okay then. I will stay beside Gyun-Sang oppa all the time. I wonder if he will bring any present for me as he just came back from Africa.” She replied, trying to provoke him.

Min-Ho scoffed while looking at his girlfriend. This girl is so unbelievable. “What do you expect from him? Africa? You expect him to bring you camels and lions from Madagascar?!” He rolled his eyes, annoyed.

She laughed at him. This guy really need to learn how to control his jealousy. “I think he will bring me a giraffe.” She joked and unbuckled her seatbelt. She could see a lot of people has been passing by meaning that the event will be start soon and she doesn’t want to be late. “Goodbye, I will see you tomorrow. Don’t wait for me okay?” She smiled at him before finally going out from his car.

“Goodbye.” He waved his hand and smiled. This girl is just so unpredictable. She could be upset but then 10 minutes later she could joke like this. For a moment, he felt like he’s completely alive again. He never knew that the presence of a person could bring so much difference in his life. He once thought that he is going to spend all of his life alone and drowning all of his time to work but things suddenly change after he met this girl. He finally knows how it feels to have somebody to fight for, how does it feel to love and to be loved. It’s like he finally found a reason to live.

However, thinking back to his conversation earlier with Shin-Hye’s father, he’s not so sure if her father likes him or not. He did offer Min-Ho to have breakfast with them and Shin-Hye’s father even tried to have a light conversation with him but Min-Ho could sense that her brother, Shin-Won really hates him. The tension is so visible.

“For now, I won’t be saying that I finally give you the blessing to date my daughter. I know that my daughter likes you too and I could see how happy she was with your presence in her life. All of your promises that you told me just now, I will not simply believe it. I will need you to prove it to me instead. I assume that you already know the reason why she chose to hide her real identity. My daughter is my most precious jewel that I do not want her to be with the wrong person again.” Said Chairman Park after sipping his tea. Min-Ho could conclude that this man is serious with what he is saying and now that he understands why his father once said that Chairman Park is a difficult client. It’s not that easy to negotiate him. Min-Ho understands too that one mistake done and he will never get to see Shin-Hye anymore.

Min-Ho tried his best to look confident and hid his nervousness. “I will prove it, sir. As I said before, I do not want to repeat the same mistake twice and I apologize behalf on my father. I knew that my father took part in hurting your daughter too. Once again, I’m sorry.” Min-Ho uttered firmly.

Chairman Park smiled a little. This kid really come with so much preparation already, he thought. “Your father? Lee Kyu Han?” Asked Chairman Park, looking curious. He knew already what happened between Shin-Hye and Min-Ho’s father but he just wanted to know how will Min-Ho explain it to him.

Min-Ho lower down his head a little as he felt so embarrassed right now. If only his father could be a little thoughtful, all of this will not happen. “Yes. My father was the one who destroyed Shin-Hye’s career as an announcer. He opposed our relationship as he thought Shin-Hye was nobody and only approve it once he knew about her real identity. Truthfully, I felt so embarrassed with my father’s greed and it hurts your daughter. I’m sorry.” He apologized. Min-Ho clearly knows that it is not easy to get Chairman Park’s approval. It’s not easy to negotiate about business with him and it will be so much harder as it is his daughter that they are talking about.

Chairman Park could sense Min-Ho’s sincerity but he won’t take it so easy. He knew Min-Ho’s family since then including his father. Min-Ho’s father is indeed someone greedy and he doesn’t mind to sacrifice his family just for the sake of his business. Moreover, it’s already public secret that Min-Ho’s father cheated on his mother and married other woman who he had an affair with. For a moment, Chairman Park thought that Min-Ho is totally different with his father but he just doesn’t want to show it to him. He needs to analyze more about Min-Ho. “I get it. You are so lucky that my daughter is not someone who hold grudges against people. She has forgiven you and your father and I guess I should be doing the same thing as well.” Chairman Park replied easily. The tone sounded friendly but still Min-Ho couldn’t really read his expression. He couldn’t conclude if Chairman Park likes him or not.

Min-Ho inhaled, looked up at Chairman Park and smiled confidently. “I will make sure to prove it to you that I will not take your daughter for granted anymore. Please let me fight for her.” Said Min-Ho.

Chairman Park gave him a friendly smile too and take a look on the watch on his wrist. It shows 9 AM. “It seems like you came so early just now. Did you have your breakfast already?” Asked Chairman Park.

Min-Ho was shocked and stuttered in answering him. “Y-Yes?”

Chairman Park chuckled a little. “Our maid has prepared breakfast and I guess Shin-Hye is already downstairs with her brother. I bet you didn’t have your breakfast before coming.” He replied. He could sense that Min-Ho was a little startled about how could he knows? Well, Chairman Park knew that this guy lives alone and separately with his family. He doesn’t think that Min-Ho is a type of person who could cook by himself. Moreover, he saw that Min-Ho arrived in front of his house so early, before 8 AM and only manage to come out 30 minutes after.

Min-Ho let out an awkward smile. Even his own father has never been so thoughtful about him.  “Thank you, Chairman Park.” Said Min-Ho and almost forgot the red ginseng supplement he brought just now. He quickly place it on the table and hands it towards Chairman Park as he’s showing his gratitude. “I hope you like this little gift of mine.” Min-Ho added.

Chairman Park shook his head disbelieve. Where does he learn something like this, he thought. “You don’t need to bother yourself and thank you, by the way.” Chairman Park replied as he doesn’t want to look like he is impressed with what has Min-Ho done. He stood up right away. “Let’s go to the dining room.” Said Chairman Park and gave Min-Ho a sign to leave his study room already.

“Yes, sir.” Min-Ho was just tailing him from behind until he saw that Shin-Hye is currently having her breakfast while chit chatting with her brother, Shin-Won.

Just right he arrived, he could sense that Shin-Won is staring at him sharply. He could read that this person’s expression is like saying “What are you doing here?!” Well, Min-Ho just try his best to act like an obedient kid. “What are you here?” Said Shin-Won, looking at Min-Ho disbelieve. Min-Ho has predicted that he will said somethings like that.

“Take a seat, Min-Ho ya.” Chairman Park just simply ignored his son and gestured him to take a seat beside Shin-Hye.

Well, this is the most awkward breakfast in Min-Ho’s life. He doesn’t even know how to start. “Just make yourself home, Min-Ho ya.” Chairman Park added as he could sense Min-Ho being a little awkward.

Shin-Hye put down her toast and looked at Min-Ho. “Why are you here?” She asked the exact same things as her brother.

Min-Ho scratched his not itchy neck as h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter