Dead Heart

Intertwined Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You will catch a cold if you keep on staying like this.”

A deep voice from behind startled Shin-Hye and made her turned around to find out who’s that. Then she felt a soft fabric was covering her . Yoon Gyun-Sang squatted in front of her and looked at her deeply. He slowly erased her tears and caressed her hair gently.

“Is that guy the one who made you cry?” Gyun-Sang asked softly. “Did he hurt you?” He asked again. He couldn’t lie but it pained his heart to see Shin-Hye like this.

Shin-Hye shook her head. “It’s not his fault. It’s mine.” She replied with a very soft voice and almost like a whisper.

Gyun-Sang let out a soft sigh. “Do you know how much it hurts me to see you like this?”

Shin-Hye looked at him disbelieve when she heard what he said. Did she hear something wrong? She didn’t reply him but starring at him instead. Gyun-Sang held her hand and helped her to get up. As soon as she stood up already, he couldn’t hold it anymore but to pull her into his embrace and rested his chin on her head, rubbing her back as he’s soothing her. “No matter how hard it is, you have to get your feet back on the ground. Life goes on, Shin-Hye ya, with or without him.” Gyun-Sang uttered.

Shin-Hye doesn’t even know how to reply him but what he said was right. It’s a truth. Life goes on with or without Min-Ho. She closed her eyes and rested her head on Gyun-Sang’s chest. She doesn’t care anymore. What she needs now is a shelter, a person that she could lean on and she’s grateful that Gyun-Sang came on the right time. At the same time, a pair of eyes are looking at them angrily and flames are visible in that eye. Min-Ho quickly walked away when he’s still controlled or else he will end up punching Gyun-Sang.

After feeling a little calmer, Shin-Hye excused herself to the toilet. She damped her face with water as she felt so messy already. She looked at her own reflection in the mirror and sighed heavily. She lost him. Yes, she lost him. Whenever she thought of what happened, she couldn’t help but shed the tears again. She quickly wiped her face before anyone saw her in this kind of condition. Just when she’s about to go out, someone came in and she was so startled to see that person. Well, at least that person is someone she wished to meet today.

Shin Se-Kyung stopped her step when she saw Shin-Hye was in the toilet as well. She was still stunned with the fact that Shin-Hye is actually someone that’s wealthier than her. She quickly looked away and made her way to washroom without looking at Shin-Hye but Shin-Hye was fast enough to block her way.

Shin-Hye flashed a smirk at her. “Do you have anything to say?” She asked.

Se-Kyung was trying her best to avoid eye contact with her but seems like she couldn’t escape it now. “I really have no idea on why you don’t want to reveal that you came from a wealthy family. You lied to everyone. You’re a liar.” She accused.

Shin-Hye chuckled sarcastically. “Do you think I don’t have reason on why I do this? You know nothing about me.” She’s still looking at Se-Kyung with a sharp glare.

Se-Kyung smiled easily at her. “I indeed apologize for being so rude to you but that man, he’s no longer yours, isn’t it? Even you tell everyone that you came from a conglomerate family, it still doesn’t change the fact that he’s going to be my fiancé in the end.” She said confidently. “You broke up with him, isn’t it?” Se-Kyung added.

She knows it. She knows everything, but how? “If you’re wondering how I know about those, I was witnessing the whole emotional conversation you had with Min-Ho oppa just now. I didn’t mean to eavesdrop but I don’t know that both of you were having a heated convo.” She smiled teasingly.

Shin-Hye looked at Se-Kyung disbelieve. “It’s you. All of this happen because of you. You’re the one who lead us into this misunderstanding!” She raised her voice in anger. This lady is the reason why they fought.

Se-Kyung just smirked teasingly at her. “What are you talking about?” She acted like she knew nothing.

Shin-Hye couldn’t hold it anymore as her hand that was balled into a fist. Her palm finally landed on Se-Kyung’s cheek. Her eyes was widen and redden in anger. “Don’t act like you know nothing when it’s actually you’re the one who caused all of this. When you came to meet me in that café, you’re lying. Everything that you told me was a lie. He didn’t go overseas and he didn’t do any suit fitting. He thought that he lost his phone but actually it’s you who took it! You’re definitely unbelievable.” Shin-Hye said, flames are visible in her eyes.

Se-Kyung hold her cheek that was redden and swollen as well because of Shin-Hye. Nobody has ever hit her before. This is her first that she received a slap. She was ready to slap her back but too bad that before she could lay her hand on Shin-Hye, Shin-Hye was fast enough to held her hand back. “Let go!” She shrieked in pain as Shin-Hye held her wrist so tight.

“You’re so shameless, Shin Se-Kyung-Ssi.” Shin-Hye uttered and rolled her eyes.

“Yes! I lied. I lied to you about what happened to him. He was in Seoul and he didn’t go anywhere. Happy?” Se-Kyung shouted angrily as well.

Shin-Hye looked at her with her a murderous glare. “Where was he? Why is he in the hospital? I heard that you were with him all the time.” She began raising her voice.

Se-Kyung was speechless. She doesn’t know whether she has to tell the truth or not. She just stayed silent.

“You better answer me when I’m asking you nicely!” Shin-Hye snapped at her. She's already pulling her hair making Se-Kyung shrieked and gritted her teeth in anger. For one second, Se-Kyung was frightened a little. She never thought that the gentle Park Shin Hye could act like a monster when she's mad.

“I will tell you but please calm down and let go of your hand from my hair!” Se-Kyung replied annoyingly. Se-Kyung took a deep sigh before telling her the whole story.

“He was on his way to meet a client and he was driving his own car. Things unexpected could happen and that happened to him. He was driving but there was another car who came from the opposite side and he doesn’t have any choice but to avoid that car. He ended up crashing his car to a tree. I was on my way to my father’s office and I was several meters behind his car so tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter