Second Chance

Intertwined Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin Se-Kyung stood in front of her father’s desk, looking dumbfounded at her father. Sadness and sorrow are so visible in her eyes that she just cried. She just couldn’t believe it that her father himself broke her engagement. He was the one who asked her if she’s okay with the engagement but why it’s him also that broke it? At least she really has feelings towards Min-Ho. She was shocked when Min-Ho suddenly called her and told her that he wants to meet her. She was agape and happy for a moment before finally fall into disappointment when she knew that Min-Ho is just there to meet her in order to break their engagement. She just thought that maybe Min-Ho wants to give their relationship a try but she was wrong. He ended it without wanting to give a try and it hurts her a lot. It hurts her even more when she knew that it’s her father that asked Min-Ho to break their engagement.

“Appa, why are you doing this to me?”

Her voice trembled as she’s holding her tears. Her hands are balled into a tight fist as she’s so angry with the current situation.

Mr. Shin cleared his throat while still focused on his reading as he’s not interested with his daughter’s whining and that drives Se-Kyung crazy. She’s so annoyed already when Min-Ho suddenly broke their engagement and with her father behaving like this, it’s just like putting more salt into her wound.

“Appa!!” She almost screamed.

By the time Mr. Shin put down his book and looked at his daughter pathetically, it sends shiver through her body. Wait, is her father angry? Why would he angry? After all this while, he always loves her and he rarely gets angry to her and will always manage to give whatever she wants. Looking at her father’s sudden behavior, it scares her a little bit.

“Until when you want to chase that guy? If you’re not tired of chasing him, then I’m the one who feel tired for you!” Mr. Shin replied, almost shouted as well but still he can control his emotion. His daughter has been out of her mind and he doesn’t want to add more of her sadness.

Just then, a drop of tear leaked out from Se-Kyung’s eyes. Yes, she felt suffocated and her chest is so stuffy for that moment.

“At least I have feelings for him. I liked him, appa!” She defended herself but still tears are dropping through her eyes nonstop.

Mr. Shin let out a heavy sigh, understanding how his daughter feels but he’s sure that she will get over it soon. “Appa knows that this will be the best decision. You will have to thank appa later for this.” He replied easily and again back to his reading.

“How can you choose what’s going on in my life? It’s my life to live and I’m the one who have the right to choose whatever I want for myself!!” She can’t hold it anymore but to shout it out loud.

“You can go back to your room now. I’m tired and I’ll have to rest.” Mr. Shin said for the last time before getting up from his chair, walked past his daughter and went out from his study room. Although it hurts him as well looking at his daughter in this kind of condition, it doesn’t make him happy too to see his daughter to be with the man who will never love her. He just wants his daughter to learn through this experience. He wants her to be strong for herself.

Se-Kyung sighed roughly before stomped and walked out from her father’s study room. She simply ignored her mother who asked her what happened. It’s just like she just gotten her soul out of her body.

As soon as she arrived her room, she can’t help but to dunk herself on her bed and closed her eyes to rewind what happened just now.

Smile couldn’t leave Se-Kyung’s lips since the time Min-Ho fetched her. He told her that he got something to say and he wants to bring her over for a dinner. For the past 9 months, this might be the happiest moment in their engagement but then she just doesn’t have any idea the true reason of why Min-Ho called her. After about an hour of driving, they finally arrived in their destination. It’s a kind of a fancy café that serves various western meals. She’s kind of shocked when she went inside of the café. It’s kind of dark and the slow jazz music makes this place kind of romantic. For one second, she just wants to jump in happiness. Is this means her fiancé wants to give their engagement a try?

“Reservation for Lee Min Ho please.” Min-Ho said to the receptionist and one of the waiters leads them to their table.

They didn’t talk much during that meal but for some reason, she’s happy. She’s happy that for the first time, she can actually know how does it feels like when your fiancé brings you for a fancy dinner. Even she doesn’t have any idea about what he’s going to do next. She’s blinded for the sudden happiness. At least, she’s happy for now, he thinks.

“You like the food?”

Min-Ho asked while Se-Kyung was still busy with her steak. He, himself is gulping down a glass of wine that he ordered just now. Se-Kyung smiled genuinely to him and poured another glass of wine to him and her.

“Cheers.” She said, happily. Happiness is just too visible in her eyes that made Min-Ho guilty now.

Min-Ho smiled too at her before tossing their glass together and gulped it down. Now that he realized that he shouldn’t have brought her here. He shouldn’t have make her so happy that in the end he will let him down. He thought before they let go of each other, he wants to at least give her one good memory about them. Although he’s never a good fiancé, he will still consider her as a friend. Little did he knows, his action now will just make Se-Kyung hurt even more as she’s so blinded by the fake happiness.

“Are you done? Let’s go.” Min-Ho said and both of them directly went out from the café. Although Min-Ho doesn’t really talk much, his actions just now already made her happy. Just by opening the door for her, she’s happy.

Both of them are rather silent during the way as Min-Ho focused on driving. It made Se-Kyung shivers a little as it air was kind of cold but then she just kept silent and doesn’t want to bother Min-Ho. She’s happy and she doesn’t want this happiness to end.

“Are you cold?” Min-Ho asked when he looked at her trembling hands. He directly set the temperature higher so that it will keep her warm.

It’s strange. It’s really strange. Lee Min Ho has never once cared for her this way but why is he suddenly doing this kind of thing? Although she’s happy, she’s a little scared as well. She’s scared if he will turn back to his usual self. She doesn’t want that. Even if this is just a dream, she wants to live in this dream forever with him.

“Oppa, what has gotten into you today? You’re suddenly so sweet and caring. What happened? Did you just win a lottery or what?” She asked curiously.

Min-Ho let out a sigh, not wanting her to know what is his real reason of bringing her out tonight. “You will know soon.” He replied shortly.

Se-Kyung just chose to keep silent but one thing surprised her. This is not the way to her home. Where is he bringing her to? What does this all means? For one second, she finally feels uneasy and her uneasiness well up even more when she realized where Min-Ho is bringing her. It’s Hangang Park.

“Let’s go out.” Min-Ho stopped the engine and went out from the car. His tone is rather cold and made her gulped down.

Min-Ho walked forward to the park where they can observe the view of Han River. It’s rather cold but his heart is even colder. Se-Kyung slowly followed him from behind and tucked her hands inside her pocket. She doesn’t get it why Min-Ho brought her here. It’s almost winter and the weather started to get cold already. Although this place is quite popular among lovers but no one is here right now especially on this cold night.

“Oppa, what are we gonna do here? It’s so cold. Let’s just go home. We can come back another time.” She suggested.

Come back another time? Can they? They’re going to end it here tonight what is there to come back? Min-Ho remembered clearly this place is where he confessed to Shin-Hye and where their first kiss took place. All of those sweet memories are still so clear in his mind and he has no idea on why he would bring Se-Kyung here. He slowly approached her, stood in front of here and tucked the strands of hair behind her ear. He slowly moved his hand and her cheek gently. Why only now that he finally take a proper look at her? He can’t deny that his fiancé is indeed beautiful and has the face that every man will ever dream for but there’s something in his heart that forbids him to go further. You may call him coward or whatsoever but his heart is too small that he can’t love two people at once. He loves Shin-Hye and he admits it that he still does. There’s something that Shin-Hye has and Se-Kyung doesn’t have. He’s not sure about what it is but Shin-Hye was the one who melted his frozen heart and helped him out from his dark circle. He wondered if Se-Kyung could pull him out of the darkness like how Shin-Hye did.

“I’m so sorry for being a jerk.” He uttered slowly.

She smiled. Finally he realized it, she thought. “Oppa, what happened already doesn’t matter. The future is the one that matters. As long as you’re willing to try, I’m sure we can make it oppa.” She replied, happily while bringing both of her hands on his shoulder.

Her smile. For some reason he finds it scary today. He slowly eased both of her hands from his shoulder and his expression went cold. His vision went blank and sadness is visible through his eyes. She was a little startled when he pulled away from her. What is this man trying to do?

He shook his head while looking at her deep in her eyes. “There’s no future within us.” He uttered, soft, calm and cold.

A loud pang hit her heart right after she heard what Min-Ho said. “What do you mean?” She asked in panic.

He let out a loud sigh. “Let’s end it here, Se-Kyung ah.” He said firmly. He looked into her eyes, signing her that he’s serious.

Se-Kyung scoffed. What game is he trying to play with her? He treated her like a princess just now, making her feels like she’s up in the sky and now she just dropped her to the ground by saying that he wants to break things off with her? What is he doing?

“Jerk.” She couldn’t hold it anymore but to lay her palm on his cheek. She’s angry. Yes, very angry indeed. Why does he need to give her hope that in the end he’s going to end things with her? He could just say that he wants to end everything. He doesn’t need to bring her to fancy dinner, making her happy for a while before laying a deep cut in her heart.

“I’m sorry.” He replied, couldn’t look into her eyes.

Tears finally dropped from her eyes as she can’t hold it anymore. It hurts. She has been with him for 9 months but this moment hurts her the most. She’s used with his cold shoulder towards her but this time, it hurts her so much that she feels like she doesn’t any energy left to fight him.

“I have talked to y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter