Breaking Up

Intertwined Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She doesn’t know why but her heart ached and every single word that came out from his mouth felt like a sharp knives that’s stabbing into her heart. She chose to walk away and left him behind, sitting on the bench, dumbfounded. Why? Why loving someone is this hard? Deep inside her heart, she only wants to be with someone she loves. Is it that hard? She has tried her best to forget him and to let go all of her feelings but when it comes to the time that she slowly let go of her feelings and tried to open her heart for someone else, fate reunited them. Why fate is such a tease?

Without her realizing, a drop of tear slowly rolled from her eyes. She doesn’t want to lie to her own feelings but she still wants him as much as he still wants her. Why things suddenly become so complicated? Why her heart seems to be so complicated? There’s a man who has been with her when she was devastated until she can get her feet back on the ground but no matter how hard she tried, her heart just couldn’t open its door for him. Sometimes she felt sorry for him for trying too much for her yet she can’t give him anything in return.

“Where have you been, Shin-Hye?” Shin-Won seemed to be so worried when he can’t find his sister anywhere in her ward.

Shin-Hye chuckled a little before approaching her brother. “The air in the room felt suffocated that I decided to have a walk in the park.” She replied easily while sitting on the chair, in front of her brother.

“Just to have a walk?” Shin-Won asked again carefully while opening all of boxes of food that he brought from home to his sister.

Shin-Hye nodded firmly while sipping the ox tail bone soup that her brother brought for her. “Woah. It tastes so good, oppa. Do you cook by yourself?” She asked while still busy with the food that he brought for her.

Shin-Won sighed lightly. He knew it clearly what she did in the park. He knew it clearly who she met just now. He also knew it well what happened between these two people because he witnessed everything. “What makes you like him that much?” He asked directly.

“What do you mean?”

Shin-Hye gulped down the glass of water before asking her brother back. She looked a little confused. What makes her brother asked her that kind of question? Wait. Don’t say that her brother witnessed everything that happened in the park just now. Don’t say that her brother witnessed her crying.

Shin-Won chuckled slowly. “I saw it. I saw Lee Min Ho was in the park as well. Did both of you made an appointment to meet with each other?” He asked carefully.

Suddenly her chest tightened when she hears that name. The air suddenly felt suffocated again. She doesn’t feel like answering that question because she knew that if she answer that question, her brother might ask her more and she doesn’t want to talk anything related to Min-Ho, at least for now. What happened between her and him just now is enough to make her sad, knowing that he still wants her as much as she wants him. She doesn’t want to rub the salt into her wound now.

“I’m tired. I need some rest I think. You should go to work too oppa, or else you will be late.” She said, trying to avoid her brother.

Shin-Won shook his head disbelieve. “It’s okay if you don’t want to tell me. I won’t force you either. Take care.” He said and walked to the exit.

“I didn’t make an appointment with him. We met coincidentally.” She added before her brother left her room but yet after Shin-Won heard it from , he still managed to leave, thinking that what his sister need right now is a time for her being alone, battling with her own feeling. He knew that no matter what kind of advise he gave her, if she still loves him, he can do nothing to prevent them from being together. He just simply wished for her happiness.

**

Shin Se-Kyung has to eat while swallowing her embarrassment together with her food. She’s now having breakfast in a 5 star restaurant together with her dad. She convinced her dad that her fiancé, Min-Ho will come with her as well but turned out that there’s no sign of him coming after dessert time. She clearly remembered texting Min-Ho to come as she couldn’t reach his phone yesterday. Actually it’s only her excuse to meet Min-Ho because she didn’t meet him for the whole week and he didn’t respond to any of her calls or text. She thought at least he will come showing respect for her father and yet he still didn’t show up.

Mr. Shin cleared his throat while gulping a glass of orange juice. He looked at his own daughter pathetically. For some reason he felt pity for her daughter for liking a man who doesn’t even want her from the beginning. That made him feels guilty as well for bringing such pressure for her. He shouldn’t have made her engage to Lee Min-Ho.

“You said that he will come.” He said.

Se-Kyung looked down as she felt down as well. It has been couple days that she clearly think of what should she do now. How should she deal with her relationship with Min-Ho and what should she do to fix all the mess that they made together.

“He might be busy.” She replied easily but the disappointment is so visible in her tone. It’s clearly shown that she’s hoping and waiting for his presence but the fact is he’s just never there for her.

Mr. Shin sighed heavily and shook his head. “Just break things off with him.” He said, eventually. He has been wanting to say this a very long time ago but he managed not too as he knew how much his daughter liked that man. He can’t help anymore to see his daughter to get hurt like this.

Se-Kyung looked at her father disbelieve and shook her head. “Andwae!” She almost shrieked.

“For how long you want to be hurt by that jerk?”

Her father exhaled sharply because he just can’t hold it anymore. He knew it clearly that Min-Ho’s father is the one who wants this engagement. Both him and Mr. Lee made a deal that the collaboration between their enterprise will happen if they managed to engage both of their kids. Mr. Shin actually disagreed at first as he doesn’t want to get his daughter’s feelings involved but after knowing that his daughter loves that man as well. He agreed eventually but who knows that everything end up with his daughter being hurt by Min-Ho again and again.

“I know it well that you like him so much, Se-Kyung ah but how long should you wait for him? It has been almost a year that both of you are engage but I couldn’t see any feelings that he developed for you. Appa is so sorry to say this but I don’t think he will ever reply your feelings.” He added again.

Every word that comes out from her father’s mouth pierced into her heart like a bullet. She never expects her father to say this thing. He never once interfere anything happen between her and Min-Ho but this time, she’s agape. She knew it as well that Min-Ho is just never there for her and will never be there for her but yet she believed as the time passed by, he will change. Pathetically,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter