Out of breath II

Citrus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 8

 

It had been one day now, one day without talking to Hyungwon. 

Minhyuk was getting ready for school, his usual cheerful self, gone. Hyungwon would be in school, probably and that would be more than awkward, whatever even that could be. 

Minhyuk wanted to be close to Hyungwon again, and even though it was only one day, it felt like forever since they had parted with Minhyuk being mad at the other. 

 

________________________________________________________________________

 

”Okay class, todays lesson will consist of a smaller quiz on last weeks work” Mr Min said, straightening his tie ”So, I hope you all studied and finished your assignment”

Everyone sighed and small chatter broke lose, Mr Min sighing. 

”By the way… Has anyone seen Hyungwon? Minhyuk, you two are friends, do you know where he is?”

The whole class turned and looked at him, and he swallowed hard ”No Mr Min, I don’t know where Hyungwon is…” 

”Okay then, we will have to start without him. Now please turn your papers and start the quiz”

 

The quiz was on the three kingdoms of Korea, and Minhyuk struggled. 

 

Which was the first Korean kingdom to adopt Buddhism as their state religion?

 

Answer: 

 

Minhyuk knew this, he thought it was Baekje… Or was it Goguryeo? 

He moved over to the second question, fingers anxiously tapping the table. What if something had happened to Hyungwon, and he didn't know about it. 

 

”Minhyuk, could you please stay for a second?” Mr Min asked, and Minhyuk nodded. 

”What’s up?”

”I read through your quiz just now, and your results has never been this bad? I’ve had you for what, three weeks but your results in History are always great?” 

Mr Min gave him the paper and it was marked with an E* and he sighed. 

”Yeah, about that… Life’s a little weird at the moment, but I will do better…”

”That’s good Minhyuk, also, are you okay? I mean, life is always weird and messy but you’re always a very bright and happy student?”

Minhyuk laughed a little ”Hmm let’s say I loved a person, I thought they cheated on me and though they didn’t, I still can’t seem to forgive them or move on…” Minhyuk promised he wasn’t bitter ”There is a lot on my mind right now and history class wasn’t prioritized, I’m sorry” Minhyuk made a small bow and looked back at Mr Min, who looked deeply in thought. 

”Is this about Hyungwon?” He asked carefully, and Minhyuk was taken back by the question, how did he know?

”Yeah it is… We fought and yeah… How did you know?” 

”I’ve seen the way you two look at each other every class and I think everyone else has noticed it too. You seem very happy Minhyuk, or at least I hope you are?”

Wow… Mr Min, or Min Yoongi as his real name had been, had always been his favorite teacher. Yoongi was young, he must be only like, 5-6 years older than Minhyuk, which was pretty cool. He had brown hair and pale skin and he was so wise for his age. He was smart and very aware of everything, and he always gave the best advices. Minhyuk liked him. 

Minhyuk blushed a little, but smiled. 

”Yeah I am… And is it that obvious?” Minhyuk laughed and Yoongi smiled, shaking his head. 

”Off you go Minhyuk, you have a class to attend… right now! Better not upset Mrs Park, or she will eat your for lunch later” 

 

Minhyuk received the same questions about Hyungwon two times more that day, and he was really starting to wondering where the other was. 

He decided to check Hyungwons apartment after school, also deciding that nothing had happened. Maybe he was sick, or just too tired to go to school today?

 

________________________________________________________________________

 

Minhyuk knocked on the front door, waiting impatiently for the other to open the door. He didn’t

, okay where else could he be? It took Minhyuk minutes before he could guess another place, and he immediately called his mom asking if he could borrow her car. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter