Way back home, It's okay

Citrus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 21

 

910 days, USA

 

Minhyuk were at the small dinner table, trying to figure out his economy. 

He needed to pay the landlord for the apartment, he needed food and emergency money… But he also needed to be back in Korea as soon as possible, he needed to get back to Korea to apologize, and make up for nearly three years of mistakes. Apologize to a certain brunette. 

 

It took him a while, and when he finally were done, he sighed in relief. 

He had enough for a plane ticket back to Korea. Barely enough, but it would do. Minhyuk smiled and picked up the phone quickly 

”Hello?” Was his moms voice on the other side, and Minhyuk just spat out the few words his been wanting to say for three years.

”Mom, I’m going back to Korea” he cut the call before she could answer, falling down on the couch, smiling at the ceiling. 

 

Hyungwon, I’m coming back. 

 

 

Minhyuk needed to plan this carefully, 3 years is a long time…

When he had booked the ticket, he felt like the next step would be to try to contact anyone there. 

He couldn’t call Hyungwon, that would be heartless, so he went for second best, Wonho.

 

”Hello?” Minhyuk heard a familiar voice say, and he took a deep breath before answering unsurely 

”Hi…”

The call was cut. 

His second alternative was Jimin, but when he tried to call but the number was no longer in use and Minhyuk felt more hopeless than ever. 

He scratched his neck nervously, an old habit and sighed, deciding it was too late to think more about that, and instead he went to bed. 

 

 

910 days, South Korea

 

Unknown number was displayed on the phone screen, Wonho picking it up, confused about who it could be.

”Hello?”

”Hi…”

No way… When Wonho heard Minhyuks voice, his body was quick to react and cut the call. Why the hell would Minhyuk call him? Why now? 

Wonho looked down on his phone, the lock screen was a picture of him, Hyungwon, Jimin, Yoongi and Mina, just when the studio had opened. He smiled. It was a bit forced, looking at the picture he knew that Jimin had Yoongi, he had Mina and Hyungwon had no one. The brunette was smiling, his a-bit-shy-but-still-very-nice-and-cute smile, and Wonho couldn’t help but smile himself. The younger had really grown onto him, hadn’t he?

 

When he arrived to the office that day, Hyungwon were at the desk as usual, Wonho flashing him a smile.

”Bought you some coffee” The younger murmured, pointing with his pen at two cups of coffee placed beside him.

Wonho nodded a small thanks and grabbed the much needed morning coffee. 

”You seem deep in thought? Something happened?” Hyungwon asked casually and Wonho didn’t know how he noticed when he wasn’t even looking up. Wonho swallowed nervously. 

”Um.. Nothing really” He said, his always confident and cocky persona long gone. 

”I know when you’re lying Won, don’t try me…” Hyungwon said, still not looking at him. 

”I can’t tell you?”

”And why is that?”

”Because… It’s not a good thing…”
”Well the two of us do know that many things aren’t, so tell me?”
Wonho sighed, giving up on trying to convince the other that this was a bad idea, and he finally met the others gaze.

”Minhyuk called… He called me this morning…”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter