Never let me go

Citrus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 14 

 

Hyungwon was not ready to experience Wonho all over again. No, he couldn't do that. 

Because the situation with Minhyuk was Wonho all over again, having his loved one in pain, but it affecting him in the same way. No way he would survive that.

He was laying beside Minhyuk, his hair gently, smiling at the other. Minhyuk had his eyes closed, hand closed around Hyungwons free one. Hyungwon thought he could stay like this forever. 

 

When he got home, he tried to shake the uneasy feeling out of his head. He knew that no one would take him seriously if he tried to talk to someone about Minhyuks dad, but… He knew someone they would take seriously. 

 

”Uncle?”

”Hyungwon, that wasn’t yesterday… How’s school?”

”It’s good, everything is going pretty smooth” Hyungwon was impatient, very willing to skip the small talk ”I have a question, since I know that you’ve worked amongst the law for a very long time…?”

”Hyungwon, don’t tell me you’ve done something illegal now” his uncle said in a warning tone. 

”No, no… Nothing like that, I have a friend, a very close one, his name is Minhyuk…” Hyungwon started, pausing for a second, choosing his words carefully ”His dad… Is very violent and abusive, I’ve seen him beat Minhyuk, causing both bruises, cuts and mental damage, and I was wondering if there was something I could do?”

Silence. 

”For how long has this been going on?” His uncle asked, and Hyungwon tried to answer as truthfully as he could ”I don’t know, I only know that it has happened before and that it happened very recently”

”Okay… Does Minhyuk know you’re telling me this?”

”No”

”Hmm okay, what we are looking at here is pretty serious, and I will need you to give me all information you have on Minhyuk, his past and his relatives?”

”Okay, what do you wanna know?”
”Family?”

”His mom and dad”

”Significant other who might know about this?”

Hyungwon paused ”Me…”

Once again, silence. 

”I’m sorry you have to go through this…” His uncle said, and Hyungwon pushed away any emotion that might cloud his judgement ”Continue, please?” 

 

When he was done giving his uncle all the information, the older promised to take it to the police, warning Hyungwon about the consequences. 

”You might get dragged into this as a witness?”

”I’m fully aware of that, and it’s a risk I’m willing to take”

”Also, Minhyuk did not agree on this, you know you are putting your relationship at stake, right?”
Hyungwon swallowed ”Yeah, I know…”

”You must really love him huh?”

”Yeah… He is my hope”

 

It was hard keeping it secret from Minhyuk. His uncle had told him not to tell Minhyuk, incase Minhyuk would disagree and unlikely try to help his dad. 

Hyungwon was smiling, joking with I.M and making fun of Jooheon like he always did, but the uneasy feeling in the back of his head never left, the lump in his throat growing bigger. 

When it was time for Mr Mins class, Hyungwon and Minhyuk paired up once again, continuing with the writing and the research. 

”You’re acting off…” Minhyuk mumbled, nose buried in a book. 

”I am?” He didn’t think anyone would notice ”I’m fine” Hyungwon assured, looking up at the other. 

Minhyuk was wearing a blue sweater, the blonde hair messy, strands standing out everywhere. Hyungwons heart was aching looking at Minhyuk, he was so in love, it was almost overwhelming. 

”Yes you are…” Minhyuk glared at him ”But if you say so…”

 

________________________________________________________________________

 

Exactly two days later came a call from his uncle. He had talked to the police, and they were on their way to take in Minhyuks dad into custody. 

Hyungwon felt panic rising from his chest, this was serious business, Minhyuks dad could go to jail…

He grabbed his phone sending a short ”I’m so sorry… I love you” to Minhyuk, waiting patiently for updates from his uncle. 

 

//

 

Minhyuk sat downstairs, his dad still unwilling to talk to him. The silence in the room was unbearable, until it knocked on the door. 

”I’ll get it” Minhyuk said, raising to his feet before anyone could react, desperate to get out of the awkward situation. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter