The almost break up

Citrus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 16

 

( Sorry for the gigantic jumps in time in coming chapters, I just needed it to get the story going ) 

 

 

 

 

 

My love… I am so sorry for all of this, I never meant it, or us, to end this way and… I just wish we could go back to where we were before all this, when you were still in my arms… 

I love you Chae Hyungwon. Yours truly, Lee Minhyuk. 

 

 

Everything was good. 

Everything was completely fine. 

Or at least Minhyuk thought it was. 

 

He and Hyungwon had been together for almost a year. A YEAR? It was unbelievable and Minhyuk couldn’t even understand how happy he was. Graduation was only a few days away and Minhyuk wasn’t sure if he was ready to face the world, but that didn't matter, now today. 

But even though he didn’t know what was coming, he was eternally grateful. 

He had gotten to know the love of his life, Hyungwon, and also amazing people such as Wonho, who turned out to be the most hilarious person, who also had this weird obsession with ramen. He had gotten to know Jimin a little better, an amazing dancer with the purest heart. Hoseok, or J-hope, which was his stage name. Mina, Taeyeon, Jooheon… Let’s not forget the youngest of them, I.M. 

 

Of course, he had his ups and downs, but in the end, he has no regrets.

 

”Darling, can you come downstairs?” 

”Yeah, sure?” Minhyuk answered, his moms voice sounding stern, having him wonder what was going on. 

”What is it?” He asked, sitting down at the kitchen table, scratching his neck nervously. 

”Minhyuk, you have to…” She paused, looking as if she didn’t know what to say ”You have to listen to me now”
No, not again.

”What is it ma’?” He tried to keep his voice calm and steady. 

She took a deep breath ”You know how my workplace is constantly a growing business? Well, they need more workers to expand the company…”
No… No don’t tell me what I think you’re going to tell me. 

”They need more workers in America, someone who can speak both languages and…” Minhyuk felt tears burning behind his eyes ”I need to take the job because it will give me a better pay check, and it will give us a better life, it will happen after the summer…”

Minhyuk shook his head.

”You’re kidding right? Very funny joke…” He said, blinking tears away, knowing that she wasn’t kidding him, she was 100% serious ”You can’t make me move again…”

”I’m sorry dear…” She mumbled, trying to embrace him, but Minhyuk were already on his feet, feeling like his heart stopped. 

”Don’t touch me!” Minhyuk shrieked, throwing his shoes and jacket on, leaving the house with a loud bang from the door. 

 

Minhyuk wasn’t ready to lose Hyungwon. Never never never in a million years. He wasn’t ready to lose his friend either, he was not ready to give up on Seoul.

He didn’t even know where he was going, he was running down the street, towards the park, he needed somewhere to relax. 

Tears and his memories from Seoul clouded his eyesight, but he didn’t care. He couldn’t care. All he cared for at the moment were getting away from reality, leaving it all behind. 

How would he tell Hyungwon huh? How could he tell Hyungwon? He never wanted to leave the other, they were like ying and yang, inseparable.

Minhyuk kept running and running, ignoring the incoming calls from Hyungwon and his mom. 

 

When he felt like all energy was drained out of him, he sat down underneath a tree, breath uneven and raspy. 

Panic hit him hard, and he tried with everything he had to calm his breath, to not fall apart completely, to not break once again. 

All over. 

What did he tell Hyungwon? He had to figure that out, priority #1.

 

Yeah, hi babe! You know, I just wanted to tell you that I am moving to the other side of the world, leaving you here, ok bye.

 

He laughed at the thought, a short and bitter laugh, clouded with sadness. 

Minhyuk knew he had to tell Hyungwon sooner or later, one way or another, he just didn’t know when…

Just when he dri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter