Family dinner and a lot of hugs

Citrus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 12

 

I won't give up on us

Even if the skies get rough

I'm giving you all my love

I'm still looking up, I'm still looking up.

 

”Please shut up”

Minhyuk looked at him confused and Hyungwon sighed. Hyungwon was so close and his fingers were touching Minhyuks cheek, the pale skin soft under is touch. 

”You’re amazing, okay? Don’t ever let anyone tell you anything else?” Hyungwon kissed the bruise on Minhyuks cheek softly, small and tender kisses so he didn’t hurt the other, lips barley even touching the skin. 

He continued down to Minhyuks jaw, lips just grazing amongst the beaten skin, feeling how Minhyuk was shaking. He took the others hand, squeezing it.

”You’re beautiful, everything from your eyes and laugh to your personality… Everyday I wonder how the , someone so beautiful and perfect came into my life at this time…” Hyungwon continued, pushing Minhyuk back softly so the blonde was sitting against the armrest on the couch. 

He crawled between Minhyuks legs, careful not to put pressure on any of the known wounds.

”I love you…” Hyungwon mumbled, kissing Minhyuks chest down to his ribcage, lips ghosting over the bruise there ”I love you so so much, and if anyone tries to put you down again, just remember this…” Hyungwon finished by putting his lips on Minhyuks, kissing the other slowly.

 

//

 

Minhyuk leaned into the kiss, his skin burning. For a second or so, he forgot about the pain in his ribs, or the bruises on his jaw, all he knew was Hyungwon. Hyungwon was here now and things were okay. 

”I… I don’t” Minhyuk started, but he couldn’t finish what he wanted to say, so instead he said ”Thank you…” 

Hyungwon smiled and wow, how Minhyuk liked it when Hyungwon smiled genuinely, which he almost only did when they were alone. 

”Let’s get back to cleaning this off…” Hyungwon mumbled, grabbing the towel again. He continued to wipe all the makeup off, grabbing an icepack, throwing it down on the floor before punching it a few times, making sure it was cold. 

Minhyuk watched him with a small smile, he liked this side of Hyungwon, just as much as he liked the many others. 

 

Minhyuk winced when Hyungwon put the icepack on his ribs, biting down on his bottom lip harshly. 

”Are you sure anything isn’t broken?”

”I don’t think so…” Minhyuk mumbled and Hyungwon looked at him skeptically ”Are you 100%, it’s dangerous to leave fractures, even if it is a closed one”

Minhyuk couldn't help but laugh a little ”How do you know all this?”

”My mom is a nurse, so I picked it up when I was younger and broke my wrist…” Hyungwon mumbled, concentrating on what he was doing ”But are you sure you shouldn’t go to the hospital?”

”And tell them what?” 

”The truth…” Hyungwon said and Minhyuk tensed. He couldn’t tell the truth, his dad would probably go to jail and his mom would be all alone, and Minhyuk didn’t want to do that to his mom. 

”I’m okay…” He shrugged, leaning back on the couch, eyes closed. 

”Okay, then promise me one thing, you’ll take it easy with working out and skateboarding?” Hyungwon said, squeezing Minhyuks hand before leaving him to put back all the medical supplies and makeup remover. 

 

They spent some more hours together, just talking and joking around, forgetting the cold reality. When Minhyuk had to leave, he had kissed Hyungwon one last time before closing the red door behind him. 

 

When he got home, he found his mom at the dinner table. 

”Hi mom” He said, hugging her ”Where is dad?” 

She had been crying, quickly drying the remaining tears away ”He left town for a couple of days…”

”Because of me?” Minhyuk asked sternly, taking his moms hand in his, sitting down next to her ”Yeah”

”How mad was he?” 

”Really, really mad… He said he couldn’t stand being in this house anymore” She paused ”He said the shame was too big””

”Oh… Are you mad?” Minhyuk asked and his mom just smiled fondly ”Of course I’m not, your my son… Now, let’s not talk about that, I wanna know more about Hyungwon, that was his name right?”

Minhyuk blushed, his mom had never been that interested in his friends or past relationships, and it felt comforting knowing that she wanted to.

”Well, yes his name is Hyungwon… Umm he goes to my school, we have History, Biology and PE together…” Minhyuk was fiddling with his fingers and his mom asked casually ”So that’s how you met, through school?” 

”Yeah…”

”How is he?”

Minhyuk smiled thinking about the other ”Umm where do I start, he is funny, charming and goodhearted… He took care of my bruises and cuts earlier today, apparently his mom is a nurse, not that that’s anything relevant now, but-”

”Calm down dear” His mom laughed ”Your babbling, but that’s good, he seems lovely”

”He really is… He is also very smart and funny, he has his own apartment where we hang out a lot…” He left out the part about Hyungwon camming, feeling like that was a conversation for another day. 

”I’m happy for you Minhyuk, when will I get to meet him?” The question caught Minhyuk off-guard, looking at his mom, confused. 

”You wanna…?”

”Yes of course I want to meet him, he is going out with my son and I need to know if I should bless the marriage or not!” 

Minhyuk blushed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter