Six

Monster

“How does the jury find the defendant?” The judge asked and Junhong stiffened. A man stood up and looked down at the paper in his hand and the whole courtroom seemed to hold its breath.

 

“Not guilty.” He said and Junhong's heart stopped. “By reason of insanity.” Min Hyorin let out a sigh of relief and ducked her head down. Junhong began shaking slightly, and a feeling of raw grief spread through him. 

 

The woman who had murdered his brother in cold blood wasn't going to pay for her crimes the way she should. Himchan had been nothing but caring to Hyorin, and she and replied by manipulating him and tightening her grip so that he could barely speak to friends. So he broke up with her, and she had killed him.

 

A crime which wasn't getting her jail time. 

 

Junhong stood up suddenly. He couldn't seem to really breath and his head was swimming. All he could feel was rage and grief and he couldn’t think of anything else. He turned towards Hyorin, who was staring at him with surprise. There were tear stains on her face and Junhong felt a surge of bitterness. She didn't deserve to cry.

 

“I hate you.” He said, tears spilling down his face. “He- he loved you! But you stalked him and you broke him! And when that wasn’t enough for you you killed him!”

 

“Junhong!” Mihye exclaimed. She tried to pull him down, but he jerked away.

 

“Maybe you fooled the jury,” He snapped, his voice shaking. “Maybe you fooled them. but you can't fool me. I know you and I know you only wanted to have him as your own. You're disgusting and I hope you rot in goddamned hell for what you did to my brother!” Then he bolted from the room. He could hear Mihye call after him and Hyorin start to cry but he didn't stop. 

 

He threw open the doors to the bathroom then collapsed into the corner, near the sink. He covered his face and started sobbing. Deep sobs racking his body. The way he had cried, after Himchan had died, as soon as he had been alone. 

 

She wasn't going to jail. She wasn't going to pay. There was no justice for him or for Himchan. She’d fooled everyone and she would get to live in some kind of mental facility where the doctors would be nice to her and she’d eventually be released. She would never learn.

 

After what seemed like an eternity, he faintly heard the door open. A moment later, there was a hand on his shoulder. He jerked his head up to see Hyungsoo, Mihye’s partner. He had a calm look on his face.

 

“She’s going to a mental institution.” He said softly. “She won't be back in society for a long time, if it makes you feel any better.” Junhong looked down.

 

“Why’d they believe her?” He whispered. Hyungsoo sighed.

 

“It seems to me that she's an accomplished liar.” He said softly. “Junhong, do you know what a sociopath is?”

 

“A sociopath is someone who lacks a regard for moral or legal standards.” He answered. “People whom, a lot of times, can't handle not being in control.”

 

“Exactly. I think Hyorin’s a sociopath. She's a liar and she's dangerous. But the psychologists will recognize this, don't worry. She’ll be kept in there for a long time and they'll make sure that she can't hurt anyone else.” Junhong took a breath and looked Hyungsoo in the eyes.

 

“That doesn't bring my brother back.” He said softly and Hyungsoo winced slightly.

 

“I know.” He said. “And I’m so sorry.”

 

 

A/N well there's that. It's after this where the real action starts though. Again, thank you for the support!