Fourteen

Monster

A/n part of a double update bc I didn't update yesterday. Make sure you read 13

 

So,” Kyung said, leaning back against the wall. “If this kid is being tracked the the cops, don't you think we should call him something other than Junhong? Like how Zico and Taewoon don't use their real names?” Zico looked at Junhong.

 

“I mean, it's probably the safest route to go.” He said. “But it's up to you, kid.” Junhong shrugged.

 

“I don't know. I mean, I'm not against it, but I don't know what I’d use.” 

 

“Bunhong.” Kyung said and Junhong made a face.

 

“No.” He said and Kyung pouted.

 

“But it's cute.” He whined. Junhong shook his head.

 

“I’m not going to use Bunhong.” Zico laughed.

 

“He’s so against using Bunhong.” He mused. “Kyung, it's like when I call you carrot or cucumber.”

 

“Don't you dare.” Kyung demanded, looking ready for a fight. Zico grinned.

 

“But your face is so long.” He said sweetly. “You look like a vegetable.”

 

“If I'm a vegetable I'm a pepper.” Kyung said and Junhong frowned.

 

“Why a pepper?” He asked. Zico winced as a huge grin spread across Kyung’s face.

 

“Cause I'm hot.” He said and Zico let out a sigh.

 

“You're about as hot as an ice cube.” He said and Kyung made a face at him.

 

“Then I’m cool.” He said and Zico gave a triumphant grin.

 

“Cool as a cucumber.”

 

“Zico, I swear to ing God, I’m going to rip your off and shove it so far down your throat that you’ll never talk again.” Junhong’s eyes widened and he looked to Zico. Surprisingly, Zico didn't look scared at all. He didn't even look shocked.

 

“I’ll give that threat about a seven.” He said after a moment. “It started good, but you could have ended it better.”

 

“Oh yeah? How?”

 

“You could have said that I’ll be basically deep-” Suddenly he cut off and looked at Junhong. “... Never mind.”

 

“... Oh yeah, the kid’s here…” Kyung said. “... Sorry?” Junhong didn't answer. “Um, back to your name…”

 

“Did you have any nicknames? Or anything that you take inspiration from?” Junhong shrugged, thinking.

 

Jello. That was the nickname Himchan had given him, but that felt too personal. Not to mention, it would be stupid for a gang member. He hadn't really had another nicknames besides Junnie, Junhonggie, things like that. 

 

Inspiring people, though. Lots of people had inspired him, but he couldn't just take names like that. Suddenly, someone came to mind.

 

A few years ago, he had been learning about Greek myths with his older brother. There was one god which, for some reason, had stuck out to Junhong. Zelus. He was the god of things like dedication, emulation, and zeal. He had liked the idea of a god who represented those things, and the name had just stuck with him. Zelus… Jello… 

 

“Zelo.” He said after a moment. “Like the Greek god, Zelus.” He left out the part that he’d mixed it with an old nickname. Zico looked thoughtful.

 

“Zelus? I haven't heard of him.”

 

“He’s the god of stuff like dedication and zeal. I, um… I learned a bit about him a while ago and his name stuck with me.” Zico nodded.

 

“It sounds cool.” He said. “And it's got a good meaning, not that that's required. I like it. You sure you want to be called that?” Junhong nodded. “Alright. Zelo.”