Five

Monster

“I understand.” Mihye said softly, feeling her heart plummet. “Thanks Ga In. I’ll… I’ll tell Junhong.” Ga In touched Mihye’s arm, a look of pity on her face.

 

“I’m sorry.” She said. Mihye nodded. She turned to look at the boy in the next room, who was staring straight forward. She took a deep breath and turned away, walking over to where Junhong was waiting. As she closed the door, his sat straight up and looked at her with a look of hope.

 

“Is there any news?” He asked. “Did you find him?” Mihye felt her heart break. This was always the hardest part. Telling people someone died. 

 

It was even worse, having to tell a kid that his only living family had most likely been brutally murdered. She drew Junhong in close and hugged him, not wanting to have to explain.

 

“I’m sorry.” She whispered. Junhong pulled back, shock clearly written on his face.

 

“What do you mean?” He asked and Mihye set her hand on his. “D-do you mean…?” She nodded. Junhong stared at her, open mouthed and wide eyed. She watched as his eyes filled with tears, and as one small tear trickled down his face. 

 

“No…” He whispered. “No, y-you have to be lying. Himchan isn't- he can't be- he’s not- my brother can’t-”

 

“I'm so sorry, Junhong.” More tears slipped from the teen’s eyes, and then he was sobbing. Mihye wrapped her arms around his slim shoulders, holding him tightly. After a few minutes passed, he seemed to manage to stop crying. He pulled back and looked at her with a pleading face.

 

“What happened?” He asked. “H-how’d he…” Mihye sighed.

 

“The theory is that he was kidnapped.” She said. “His body was found in the back of a car, which had been set on fire. There were… Rope fibers on his wrists. Our ME used his dental records to identify him.” Junhong’s face whitened and Mihye squeezed his hand. “We’re still trying to find Hyorin. We think that she might be behind it. If she is, we’ll find her and make sure she pays.” Junhong swallowed.

 

“Did you get the license plate number?” He whispered. Mihye blinked.

 

“Well, yes. We’re running it to see if we can find a match. How’d you think of that?” Junhong closed his eyes.

 

“Himchan wanted to be a lawyer. And there was a friend in high school of his who wanted to be a police officer. I learned a lot about this kind of stuff from them and I… I never expected I’d be in this position. I never thought Himchan-” His voice choked and he took a shuddering breath, more tears falling. Mihye his back and he shook his head in disbelief.

 

“He was the only family I had left.” He said softly and Mihye’s heart broke a little more.

 

“I'm sorry.” She whispered again. More than anything, she wished she could turn back time and save this poor boy’s brother.

 

A/N Poor baby jello.. He's got no one now. 

Thank you all for the support though! I'm glad you're enjoying it!