Fifteen

Monster

A/n there is a Sanha in this chapter. Not it's not Astro's. He's Lee Sanha, from AlphaBAT aka Fie. I love him and I just had to put him in, soooo... Yeah.

 

“Hey, Zelo!” Zico said, approaching the boy. “Think you’re ready to learn to fight?” Zelo nodded.

 

“Yeah. I don't want to be a burden here.” Zico frowned.

 

“Even if you can't fight, you wouldn't be a burden. Now come on, I’ll introduce you to Sanha, our resident fighting expert.” He grabbed Zelo’s hand and lead him through the building, and down a long hall.

 

“Sanha!” Zico yelled as he walked into the room at the end of the hall. “Hey, Lee Sanha!” A man wearing a thin white t shirt and gym shorts turned to look.

 

“Yes?” He asked.

 

“You haven’t met Zelo, have you?” Sanha shook his head. “Well, say hi.” He gave Zelo a wave, which Zelo returned.

 

“Hey.” He said. “I’m Sanha.” Then he turned to Zico. “I assume you brought him so that I can teach him to fight?”

 

“Right.” Zico said and looked at Zelo. “Sanha’s our best fighter. I’m going to stay and watch, but make sure you listen to him.”

 

“Ever been in a fight?” Sanha asked and Zelo nodded. “Well that's a good start. But I'm going to make sure that you know exactly what you have to do.” He turned and grabbed a couple small rolls of cloth, which he started wrapping around his hands. “Fighting is like an art. Like dancing, except more dangerous. Many martial arts came from the same things that dancing did.”

 

“I used to dance a lot. I wasn't that bad at it.” Zelo said and Sanha nodded in approval.

 

“Well that's good.” He said. “It’ll help you a lot. I’m going to see about where your abilities lie now.” He tossed Zelo a small bundle of cloth. “Wrap your hands.” He said. Zelo nodded and complied, wrapping the cloth around his hands. As he did that, Sanha took a couple steps back.

 

“Don't go easy on me.” Sanha said. “I’ve been learning fighting my whole life. I’ll go easier on you, but I don't want you to see me as a friend. I'm the enemy right now. Try to get me down. However you can. As we fight I'll be giving tips, but don't get used to that. You're a newbie, it won't happen forever.” Zelo nodded and made a fighting stance.

 

“Good stance.” Sanha told him then struck. Zelo barely managed to move out of the way of his fist. He ducked down and aimed a punch towards Sanha’s side. Sanha twisted away and dropped down, swinging his leg out. He caught Zelo’s ankles and Zelo fell, landing on his back.

 

Immediately he thought back to dancing, and what he would do if a move put him down like that. He launched himself into a backwards roll and landed back on his feet. A small grin appeared on Sanha’s face.

 

“Nice one, where’d you learn that?”

 

“Dancing.” Zelo answered as he swung. Sanha ducked and grabbed his arm, pulling him and and wrapping it around his throat. It wasn't loose, but he wasn't choking Zelo. Zelo pulled at his arm trying to get it off.

 

“You don't have long until you pass out. I’ll give you a minute to escape.” Sanha warned. The seconds seemed to tick by and finally Zelo kicked back. He felt his foot connect with something and Sanha swore loudly, releasing him. Zelo spun around and Sanha took a step back.

 

“You kicked my knee cap.” Sanha said. “Smart.” Then he launched himself forwards and grabbed Zelo’s waist. He fell and suddenly Sanha was on him, jerking him so that he was on his stomach and pulling his arm behind his back. Zelo let out a small yelp of pain. Then Sanha let go and stood up. He held out his hand, which Zelo took, and Sanha helped him up.

 

“I win.” He said, but it wasn't condescending. “But, honestly, you did really well. Better than I thought you would. You have the makings of an excellent fighter. That roll- you said you learned it from dancing?” Zelo nodded. “That was really smart of you. Using dancing experience to learn fighting.”

 

“You told me they were similar.” Zelo said. “So I took advantage of that and used it.” Sanha nodded in approval.

 

“Good. Anyway, I think I know where to start you…”