Three

Monster

Hyojin stepped into the library, and walked over to the counter. Behind it, a slim pretty girl was typing something on a computer.

 

“Is Jun Hyosung here?” Hyojin asked. The girl looked up at Hyojin then stood.

 

“That would be me. Do you need something? It’s almost closing time...”

 

“Kim Himchan was reported missing by his younger brother,” Hyosung’s eyes widened. “And you’re one of the last people who saw him before his disappearance. Lee Jungshin told me you mentioned he left work with a girl?” Hyosung nodded.

 

“Yes. Himchan was about to leave, and she suddenly appeared. He seemed kind of shaken when he saw her.”

 

“Did he say why?” Hyosung shook her head.

 

“No. He just said ‘I thought she would stop.’ Then he walked over and confronted her. She had a really regretful look on her face while they were talking, but I couldn't hear what they were saying. She seemed to be begging him for something and when he finally seemed to agree, he sort of turned and gave me a look like ‘it's okay’ before walking out with her.” Hyojin nodded.

 

“What did she look like?” She asked. Hyosung tilted her head slightly, looking thoughtful.

 

“She was pretty.” She said after a moment. “She had long black hair and it was kind of wavy. She wasn't super pale, but not really tan either, from what I remember. She was wearing a black dress. Her car was parked outside, I saw them leave in it. It was kind of old, I think. Like, it definitely wasn't new.”

 

“Thank you.” Hyojin said, letting out a breath. “Thank you very much.” Hyosung nodded.

 

“I really hope he’s found soon… His poor brother…”

 

“You know his brother?” Hyosung shook her head.

 

“Not personally. But Himchan talks about him a lot. He’s always been so proud of the boy. They’re so close.” Hyojin gave Hyosung a smile.

 

“We’ll find Himchan, don't worry.” Hyosung nodded again and Hyojin walked out of the library.

 

 

 

“Long, dark, wavy hair?” Mihye repeated. “And an old car? Okay, thanks Hyojin. I'll ask Junhong.” She hung up and opened the door to the room where Junhong was waiting. He immediately looked up at her, his eyes wide.

 

“Did you guys find something?” He asked, hopefully and Mihye felt a pang of pity.

 

“Not him. But a coworker told us he left with a girl. Did Himchan have any friends who were girls?” Junhong shook his head slowly.

 

“Not any besides Hyosung.” He said. “Did she remember what the girl looked like?”

 

“She said the girl had long black hair, that was wavy. Apparently Himchan seemed surprised and upset when he saw her, too. Hyosung also thinks she had an old car. She also remembers him saying something like ‘I thought she would stop.” Junhong’s eyes flicked back and forth, and he was obviously thinking hard. Suddenly his eyes went wide and he stood up straight.

 

“Min Hyorin!” He exclaimed and Mihye blinked.

 

“Who?” She asked and Junhong turned to her.

 

“His ex girlfriend. He broke up with her after she started getting really clingy and overbearing. He couldn't really handle someone like that, so he broke it off. She got super upset after they broke up and started following him and begging him to take her back. At one point, she grabbed him after class and really scared him. She stopped for a bit, and Himchan thought she gave up, but…”

 

“If she was like that, why would he go with her?” Mihye asked.

 

“He doesn't hate her.” Junhong said. “He really loved her before they broke up. He gave her so many chances to try to be better, but she never did. He told me that he wanted to still be friends with her and everything, but obviously that was never her goal when she went after him. If she told him she just wanted to talk things over and at least not have any hard feelings, then he would have gone with her.” Mihye put her hand over Junhong.

 

“We’re going to find her.” She said. “And we’ll find out what happened to your brother.” Junhong nodded, looking disconcerted.

 

 

 

A/N Himchan's ex is be Min Hyorin purely because she played the actress in the Going Crazy video and I am a very uncreative person sometimes. I don't know anything about her really, besides that she's an actress, she's gorgeous, and she was in the video.