002

Knowing


Chapter 2.

I'm so into you, I can barely breathe.
And all I wanna do, is to fall in deep.

The bus picked them up and Jaehyun heard Taeyong apologize for being drenched. Jaehyun took his seat in the back of the bus and heard the steps of Taeyong behind him. He sat down in his seat but saw a shadow follow him and his eyes widened when Taeyong’s side-profile greeted his sight. He was even more beautiful up close, so beautiful now that Jaehyun wasn’t affected by the heat and could see clearly. Jaehyun pulled out his handkerchief and reached it out. He didn’t know why he did it, but he just watched Taeyong look at it with wide eyes and then take it, blinking with a startled look on his face. Jaehyun’s hand dropped to his lap and Taeyong hesitantly pressed the handkerchief to his face. Jaehyun watched Taeyong’s pale hand grip it tightly when he put his hands in his lap and Jaehyun for a moment loved how he felt like drowning in Taeyong’s presence. As if he was beneath the surface, but he knew Taeyong held onto him and that Taeyong could pull him back up again. Taeyong turned his head and their gazes met. Jaehyun had been caught staring at him, but he just suddenly felt the handkerchief against his cheek and then Taeyong smiled.

Jaehyun didn’t know he was flying or drowning, because he felt like he could leap a thousand miles but he couldn’t breathe on the same time. Instead he just noticed that his stop was next and leaned over to press the button, but Taeyong did it before him. Jaehyun quickly moved back when he felt Taeyong turn his head and he didn’t know if he could bear to feel the other’s breath on his face. Taeyong stood to let him pass and Jaehyun knew his eyes were wide when he looked at him before exiting the bus.

But he felt fingers curl around his wrist. “Are you coming to the party?” The deep voice asked and Jaehyun could only nod. Taeyong nodded as well and smiled. “See you there.”

Jaehyun almost stumbled out of the bus.

 

 

Ten joined Jaehyun and they got ready together. Ten styled his hair with a side part and Jaehyun tried to push his hair back but it flopped to the side and slightly fell over his forehead. Ten stopped him from correcting it. “It looks hot!” He said as if that justified the look. Jaehyun could only shrug and then pull on a white t-shirt and blue jeans. Ten rocked black jeans and a grey v-necked shirt which Jaehyun thought made him look like a snack.

  “Johnny is not going to hold back.” Jaehyun said and Ten blushed, trying to laugh it off.

  “What if I don’t want him to?” Ten joked and Jaehyun laughed.

The two silenced and Jaehyun kneeled down to tie his shoes. Ten sipped on a can of beer while sitting on Jaehyun’s bed. Jaehyun looked up to catch Ten letting his fingers run over the sheets, a thoughtful look on his face. Jaehyun turned towards his mirror, avoiding Ten’s gaze. He sprayed his cologne on his wrist and rubbed it against the other and then to his neck. Ten was nodding approvingly in the mirror. Jaehyun snickered and Ten snorted, almost choking on the beer.

  “It’s going to be great.”

Jaehyun smiled. “Taeyong will be there.” He said and suddenly felt sick.

Ten’s brows shot up. “As in the one who nearly had clawed your face off at that basketball game?”

Jaehyun nodded. “But he did help me last Tuesday.”

Ten shrugged. “He did. You should’ve seen the worried look on his face. He doesn’t always show any sign that he cares to strangers.”

Jaehyun chuckled. “I’m not a stranger.” He muttered, knocking his beer into Ten’s and the two took a gulp of beer. “I’m his enemy.”

  “Well you do give him a hard time on the court.” Ten smiled and Jaehyun looked at the other. He had never thought this day would come. Distance… it was good for them.

  “Let’s go.” Jaehyun then said after emptying his beer. He grabbed two more for them to drink on the bus, and Ten was already singing a song Jaehyun had heard too many times on the radio. Maybe Ten was right. Tonight was going to be great.

 

 

Jaehyun squinted, sometimes you described a tsunami as great. So you couldn’t use it only as a positive adjective. He downed another can of beer and shook his head. The taste was bitter. There were many people in the house, Ten was already cornered by Johnny who kept offering him drinks while at the same time denying others’ requests for Ten to taste theirs. Ten kept looking in the way of Jaehyun who was awkwardly standing in a corner and getting himself too drunk. Jaehyun didn’t really feel the alcohol but he didn’t feel like openly staring yet.

Johnny had one arm around Ten’s shoulders and he was happily talking with Hansol his other tall friend. Jaehyun was impressed with Ten, he seemed so natural even though he had never kissed anyone yet… Well it was night and Jaehyun was drunk, so he could at least say he was lying. Of course Ten had kissed someone, he had a too loving nature. He was just shy and well, Jaehyun was too and as promised only the moon knew.

Someone entered the room, one smaller boy in lead of a group of 5. Jaehyun narrowed his eyes on the boy whose hair was messily ruffled but it looked perfectly styled. He wore a leather jacket. In summer, Jaehyun might add. The boy’s jeans were ripped and black and tight around the thighs. His piercing gaze scanned the room and Jaehyun couldn’t help but be amused at himself when his heart skipped a beat when their gazes met. It was Taeyong. His walk was confident as always, but even if he was confident he seemed closed off. Jaehyun realized he was smirking, and Taeyong smiled slyly back at him. 

Jaehyun looked over at Ten and Johnny who was currently telling a funny story and even the pretty girls listened. If only they knew that Johnny wasn’t into them.

  “Enjoying the party?” A deep voice growled into his ear and Jaehyun felt a shiver run down his spine. He breathlessly looked down to meet Taeyong’s dark eyes.

  “A little.” Jaehyun said casually and Taeyong nodded and looked around.

  “Isn’t that your friend with Johnny?” Taeyong asked and Jaehyun realized he was talking about Ten who’s hand was on Johnny’s upper thigh.

  “Yeah, they’re good friends.” Jaehyun lied and grabbed a beer from some girl who had been carrying two and she spun towards him. Her movements were a bit unsteady and Jaehyun held her upright. “Careful.” He said with a smile hoping to come off charming and the girl just smiled at him before hurrying away. Jaehyun was still holding the beer so he guessed he had succeeded.

Taeyong was watching him. “How much have you been drinking?” He asked and snatched the beer from Jaehyun’s hand. Jaehyun pouted and tried to get it back but Taeyong just drank from it.

Jaehyun then leaned back against the wall and shrugged. “Don’t know.” He said and blinked when a new loud song began playing. Whoever put on the music didn’t know what good party music was.

 

 

Taeyong grabbed his wrist and they sat down on one of the couches where Taeyong tried to reach Jaehyun’s level of drunk. Jaehyun took himself in rambling on about his life to Taeyong who listened with a look of interest. Jaehyun had almost missed the sight of Johnny dragging Ten with him to the garden and without much thought Jaehyun stood and followed.

He heard Taeyong behind him, but he couldn’t help himself. He ended up in the garden and he coughed when he stepped out into a cloud of smoke from the people who made bad life-choices. He stepped further ahead while waving his hand, sensing Taeyong right behind him. He noticed Ten and Johnny walking side by side towards the end of the garden. Jaehyun walked over to a bench, eyes fixed on the shadows where they had vanished, Johnny’s arms finding their way around Ten’s waist and then they were swallowed by the darkness. Jaehyun felt bitter. When it was dark Ten belonged to him.

  “Needed fresh air?” Taeyong asked, standing above him with a cigarette in his hand. He opened a lighter and Jaehyun reached out and slapped the cigarette out of Taeyong’s hand. The other gasped eyes fixed on the cigarette that hit the ground. Taeyong eyed him and Jaehyun just huffed and crossed his arms, it was cool outside.

Taeyong took a seat beside him, looking up at the clear sky. “Care to tell me why you’re like this?”

  “Why do you care?” Jaehyun asked and stirred when he thought he heard Ten laugh.

Taeyong leaned closer when trying to follow Jaehyun’s gaze. Jaehyun immediately looked at the other. Taeyong’s lips parted in a grin. Jaehyun shook his head and Taeyong began crossing the grass towards where Johnny and Ten were. Jaehyun didn’t know what to do, so instead he ran forward and tackled Taeyong to the ground.

He expected Taeyong to curse at him like the first time they landed on the ground, tangled together. But instead he laughed. “Did you just tackle me?” He asked, eyebrows rising in disbelief. Jaehyun pushed himself up, hovering above the other and Taeyong re-adjusted his position beneath him. Jaehyun gasped when realized he was straddling the other. Taeyong crossed his arms and his eyes went down to where Jaehyun was sitting on him. “Interesting.” He said and Jaehyun literally sprang up and sped off as fast as his drunken legs could carry him. Taeyong just laughed.

Jaehyun had found an empty room. It smelled like in there but he didn’t care. He went over to open the window that faced a silent street and then he took seat in it, legs hanging over the edge. He tried to catch his breath, but then he heard the door leading into the room open and he held his breath.

Someone crawled up into the window sill and took seat beside him. They sat shoulder against shoulder, because the window wasn’t big.

  “You’re really weird.” Taeyong spoke and Jaehyun covered his face with his hands.

  “I know.”

Taeyong chuckled. “Aren’t we all?” He then said and softly slipped his fingers around Jaehyun’s wrist, sliding them to Jaehyun’s palm and letting their hands slowly drop to rest on Taeyong’s thigh. Jaehyun looked at him, he was treading deep water right now and he was afraid he would drown in Taeyong’s dark eyes.

  “I’m not gay.” Taeyong said and Jaehyun felt as if the other had slapped him in the face. Taeyong let go of Jaehyun’s hand and the other gripped his own shirt.

  “What?” Jaehyun managed to say and Taeyong pressed his lips into a thin line before leaning in. Jaehyun wanted to push the other off him. His eyes flickered to Taeyong’s parted lips and he almost jumped when the other’s tongue slipped out between them, coating them with saliva. Jaehyun was frozen, waiting for whatever Taeyong was going to say, their faces was so close.

Taeyong stopped moving, eyes shifting between looking at Jaehyun’s eyes and lips. “I said it so that you don’t misunderstand.”

Jaehyun blinked. “Misunderstand what?”

Taeyong’s hand found Jaehyun’s that was placed between their thighs and then he closed the distance between them. Jaehyun closed his eyes tightly when he felt Taeyong’s lips crash against his in a sloppy kiss. He couldn’t help himself but kiss the other back, tilting his head to help the other have better access and he felt Taeyong’s fingers close around his in a tight grip.

Suddenly the door to the room opened.

  “Jaehyun!”

Jaehyun nearly fell from the window but Taeyong gripped onto him tightly. Jaehyun’s eyes widened when Ten stormed inside… there were tears in his eyes. Jaehyun could see that in the light from the hallway. He grabbed onto the front of Jaehyun’s shirt and pulled him off the windowsill and Jaehyun clumsily fell to the floor before getting up, following Ten who had the front of his shirt in a tight grip. Jaehyun turned around to see Taeyong looking down, wearing a deep frown. He hadn’t grasped the situation yet. Taeyong’s words still didn’t make sense because he had just done the opposite and Ten was crying… in front of other people.

Jaehyun followed Ten’s angry long strides while trying to wear his jacket and keep his balance on the same time. “I knew it!” Ten shrieked and then stopped when they had reached the bus-stop. “They were only trying to find a flaw!” He was sobbing so hard he couldn’t breathe. Ten heaved in a breath and looked in the way of the house. Jaehyun heard someone yell and he turned around to look at what Ten was looking at.

  “What flaw?” He asked and saw someone fly through the front door.

Ten didn’t answer and Jaehyun turned look at him. Ten was looking at him too. Jaehyun didn’t like the look on his face.

Ten almost didn’t say it, but then he breathed in deeply and caught his breath. “You.” He cried and Jaehyun frowned.

  “Me?”

 

 

 

A/N:

From now on I will update weekly. Still I have a question, would you mind if I brought other idols from other groups into the story? Or should I make my own original characters instead? I just need more people on the teams other than the smrookies we've been introduced to. ^^

If you'd like some idols I'm thinking of either EXO, GOT7 or BTS, because I like writing with them. You can suggest an idol and I'll add them to be one of the team members! ^^

Love,
Emma. <3