eight

Breathless
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Alright. She'll be at Train station at 6 so be sure to be there on time to pick her up," Sohyun instructed Jungkook on the phone.

She spent half the day trying to get me ready for my "blind-date" with Jimin.

I must have tried on at least 15 different outfits until we found the perfect one: a striped tank top with a grey cardigan, white shorts, and heels.

She hung up her cell, "Okay so your train is at 3 and it takes about 3 hours to get to Seoul," She handed me a card, "This is what will get you into your hotel, just give this to them at the front desk and they'll give you your room key. Jungkook will meet you at the station at 6 sharp; I gave him your cell phone number in case he couldn't find you."

She grabbed a black purse, gave it to me and smiled, "I'm so excited! I can't wait till Jimin sees you," she said looking at me as if I were a piece of art.

I smiled, "You think so?"

I looked at myself in the mirror, "Hey, by the way what did Jungkook say when you told him I was going on a date with Jimin?"

Okay, I didn't really care what Jungkook thought, but I was just being curious.

Sohyun bit her lip, "I didn't tell him."

I spun around to face her, "Wait what? Who does he think he's picking up at the train station then?"

"He thinks he's picking up Jimin’s date," she said playing with her hair, "I didn't exactly say it was you, but I assumed that he knew it was you. I mean, Jimin obviously likes you and I'm setting up the date, so it's common sense to know that it's you."

I blinked at her, "So... How did he react when you told him that you were setting up Jimin on a date?"

She smiled, "He sounded pretty happy actually; kind of excited!"

I smiled back at her.

I wonder how much of that excitement he'll still have when he finds out it's me.

Hyeon why do you even care about what Jungkook thinks? You're going on a date with Jimin.

I mentally hit myself.

"Oppa also told me that Jimin was upset; he practically had to force him to go on this date. Maybe he doesn't realize it's you," Sohyun said smugly, "That'll contribute more to the amount of surprise."

 

 

I felt the train come to a halt, "We have arrived in Seoul,"

I felt like I was going to throw up.

A part of me was excited for tonight and wanted to see where Jimin and I would end up by the end of all this.

But then another part of me wanted to stop the train and turn it around back to Busan. I didn't want to see Jungkook. I wasn't sure about how he would react. To be perfectly honest, I felt as if he didn't like me. He always had a huge mix of emotions whenever he was with me and I wasn't sure if we were even on the "friend level."

I stood in the middle of the platform looking around for Jungkook.

I saw him near the entrance looking around for me I would guess.

Taking a deep breath, I walked up behind him and tapped him on the shoulder.

He turned around with a huge smile on his face, but that quickly disappeared as he saw me face.

"Heeey Kookie," I said nervously.

He stood there and stared at me. If looks could kill, I would probably be dead by now.

"What are you doing here?" he said flabbergasted.

I gave him the tiniest smile, "I'm here for me and Jimin’s date tonight."

He looked at me wide-eyed, "You?" he spat out.

-Flashback-

I took another shot, "Okay I got one," I said after I picked up another drink.

"I have never agreed on going on a blind-date."

Jungkook sat there laughing, but didn't take a shot.

I raised an eyebrow at him, "What, so are you afraid that if you went on a blind-date, that'd it be some crazed fan and she'd kidnap you, take you home, and lock you in her basement or something?" I slurred out.

He gave out a girly giggle, "Naaah. but Jimin’s been on a few blind-date's and met a decent longtime girlfriend from one," he said as a matter-of-factly.

I leaned in closer to him, "So, what's so bad about that?"

He leaned in closer to me, "Well, let's just say they didn't end so well," he shrugge

Please log in to read the full chapter