two

Breathless
Please log in to read the full chapter

After I finally put all my things away, I spent the rest of the day trying to find all of my classes and make my way through campus alive. I ended up running into Sohyun once again in my English class, realized that we had English together.

I was planning to google her once I got my internet hooked up; I know that it's weird and kind of creepy to be doing research on your roommate, but there was something up with her.

Not realizing that I was too deep in my thoughts, I ran into someone and fell hard on the ground, with my books I was previously holding, flying everywhere.

"Omo! I'm so sorry! I'm so clumsy!" rambled a familiar voice.

I looked up and saw blonde hair flying all over the place trying to pick up my scattered books.

"Hello Jia-ssi," I laughed. I got up and dusted off my jeans.

"Oh, hi Hyeon-ssi! Sorry about that. I was just on my way to the career center. Gosh, I hope none of the good internships are taken!"

Internships?

"Do you think they'd have any internships for media? You know, tv or radio...?" I wondered.

Even though I was studying business, in reality I’ve always had a passion for becoming a journalist, and an internship would definitely help decide if I truly liked that idea.

"Media? Oh yeah! They always have a big one down at KBS. Everyone usually goes for that one though, so it's really hard to get into," she smiled, "do you want to come to the career center with me? Maybe you could get started on your internship too!"

Well, I guess I deserved a break from running around all my classes.

"Sure, I'd love to," I said to her smiling.

 

 

We spent most of our time on the way to the career center talking about school, our hometowns, boys.

"So how did you meet, Taehyung-ssi?" I was starting to become curious about her and Taehyung’s relationship.

Jia blushed, "Oh well, we grew up together in Seo-Gu, and after I moved here in Busan for University, he decided to move closer to me as well since his friends and I were already living away from home. But I'm still stuck living here while Taehyung and Kook are living out in Seoul."

"Wait, who's Kook?" My mind was jumping all over the place. Why did that name sound so familiar?

Jia looked at me surprised, "Oh, Kook is Sohyun’s boyfriend. You know, Jeon Jung--"

She abruptly stopped talking, and her eyes widened.

I followed her gaze until I saw a swarm of students gathered by a bulletin board. That must be where we sign up for internships. I gulped.

"," Jia reached in her bag and dug out two pens, handing me one, "get ready, we're going in."

She grabbed my wrist and dived in the mob headfirst, pushing out way to the front where the signup sheets were. I quickly scanned the sheet looking for the KBS internship, and I found it at the bottom of the board. There was one more spot left.

I quickly filled my name in the last slot and made my way out of the crowd. I heard a lot of groans and saw a few glares directed my way. I smiled victoriously and started looking around for Jia. I saw her a few feet away talking to Sohyun.

Ugh. Not again. I did not want to have another awkward conversation with her. I quickly turned around and started walking away until I heard Jia call out to me, "Hyeon-ssi! Over here!"

I silently groaned and plastered a big smile on my face, then turned around to join them.

"So I heard you're Sohyun's new roommate! Why didn't you tell me!" Jia asked me excitedly.

Oh well, looks like their obviously friends. Greeeaaat.

"I didn't know that you knew each other."

"Yeah we do of course! Our boyfriends are best friends!" Jia laughed nudging Sohyun

Please log in to read the full chapter