six

Breathless
Please log in to read the full chapter

Sora’s, you could call them, "obsessions," always came and went.  I remember the first time I met her, she was crazy about Shinee.  First it was Shinee, than BigBang, EXO, and now to join her list was BTS. 

So I had expected her to kill me for not telling her my roommate was Jungkook’s girlfriend, but I didn't expect her to find out this quickly. 

"Hey Sora," I was starting to say. I could practically hear her ragged breathing on. The other end of the phone, "How have you been?" 

"You didn't answer my question, Hyeon. Why are there pictures of you coming out of KBS with the ing Bangtan Boys? Do you realize your face is all over twitter."

, well how was I going to explain this one to her without her fainting, "Well, the funny thing is, you know my new roommate? Well she's Jeon Jungkook's girlfriend." 

I immediately pulled the phone away from my ear as I heard a muffled high pitch shriek coming out of it. Why was I friends with this girl again?

When I thought my ears were safe I put the phone back on my ear, now hearing loud sobbing coming from the other end.

"Sora? Are you... Crying?" holy why was she crying. I mean it was just a boy group. 

"Just a boy group?! BTS is NOT just a boy group Hyeon!" oops did I say that out loud again; my bad, "they are everything you would want in a boyfriend! Do you understand me?!" 

I could hear her getting up and pacing around her room. Yup, this was my best friend everyone. BTS’ biggest fan who's main goal was to hook me up with one of them. Yaaaay.

I spent the entire train ride back listening to her "plan" to get one of the members of BTS to "fall in love" with me. 

I swear this girl was more obsessed with me getting a boyfriend than she was with getting one for herself.

The more she told me about her "plan," the more I started listening and actually thinking about Sohyun’s previous offer. 

"Listen Sora, sorry to burst your bubble but I have to go," I informed her as I got off the train. I was lucky enough that the university was just a walking distance from the train station. 

I could practically hear her rolling her eyes on the other end of the line, "Okay fine, but you cannot tell me that you don't even think one of them isn't cute." 

I sighed and my mind replayed the memory of Jungkook’s eyes and Jimin’s smile. 

"You have to promise me that you'll at least try this time, Hyeon."

I gave out a small laugh and crossed my fingers, "Yeah don't worry, Sora, I promise." 

 

 

As soon as I got back to the dorm, I found Jia and Sohyun posing in front of the mirror in knee-high dresses, with the fact that there were like 30 other dresses scattered all over the room. 

"Umm, are you guys going out or something?" I asked to the two girls in front of me. 

Jia turned to me, "What do you think of this dress?" 

I gave her the once over. 

She had on a simple white dress that tightly hung on to her body in all the right places. She looked like a goddess. 

"You look amazing. I'd go with that dress if I were you."

Jia looked at herself in the mirror again, "You think so? Alright," she grabbed her makeup bag on the counter and started applying some eyeliner, "Hey, do you want to come with us?"

"Yeah, you never really did answer my question: where are you guys going anyways?" 

Sohyun looked at me through the mirror, "We're going to a party with the boys." 

There was no way I was going.

"Yeah I don't think I'll be joining you guys tonight," I laughed, "partying really isn't my forte, and I don't really want to be the third wheel while you guys hang out with your boyfriends." 

"Oh you won't be the third wheel, you'll have Jimin to keep you company," Sohyun smirked at me. 

I shot her a dirty look. She was not at this again, and in front of Jia who would no doubt ask--

"Wait, what's going on with you and Jimin?" Jia asked as if directly on cue. 

I groaned, "Nothing. Sohyun’s just trying to be a match-maker." 

Jia glanced over at Sohyun in response, "With Jimin? You're trying to set her up with Jimin?"

Sohyun nodded. 

Jia squealed in excitement, "That's a great idea Sohyun! Hyeon and Jimin would look adorable together!" 

I rolled my eyes and started to get ready for bed.

Jia started scrummaging through the pile of dresses on the bed and dug out a little black dress and threw it at me, "Put that on. You're wearing that with us tonight."

I held the dress awkwardly, "I said I'm not going."

Jia practically forced the dress over my head, "Don't worry it's not a date. Just think of it as a fun night out."

I looked at them nervously. Partying wasn't really my thing. 

Sohyun saw the look on my face, "Oh come on Hyeon, live a little."

Somehow Jia managed to get the dress on me as we were talking. I looked in the mirror in awe. 

The girl I saw looking back in the mirror wasn't me. Well it was me but it didn't look like me. 

The girl in the mirror

Please log in to read the full chapter